Latest news about Explora Journeys

Beamafar

3 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

That atrium and the pool area with the large screen bring to mind some Viking interior design elements.

I agree ! Also the brief glimpse of a dinning room has floor to ceiling windows without lots is drapery. Hagen and Manfredi family are old friends so it is logical the new ship would take the best of Viking and do their own thing with it. 

31 minutes ago, Azulann said:

I agree ! Also the brief glimpse of a dinning room has floor to ceiling windows without lots is drapery. Hagen and Manfredi family are old friends so it is logical the new ship would take the best of Viking and do their own thing with it. 

Not sure how Manfredi fits in with MSC and Explora.  Are you conflating this with New Crystal?

3 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Not sure how Manfredi fits in with MSC and Explora.  Are you conflating this with New Crystal?

HA I am getting my Italian owners mixup 😂

yes, you are correct . Still some elements remind me of Viking ships 

37 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Interview with Jason Gelineau, Explora Head of Product and Guest Experience in Cruise Industry News:

Explora’s Gelineau: New Luxury Brand and Ship Delivers

Real hard-hitting piece of journalism (sarcasm).  As head of guest experience maybe some questions about the poor communications related to the launch delay/uncertainty may have been in order?  Or maybe Jason G. could have taken this opportunity to address it and show some transparency?  Looking forward to being on board later this year, but what happened these last few weeks still leaves me uncertain as to whether they are a little too full of themselves.  

• Like 4

Cruise Industry News is not Cruise Law News!  It exists for the industry and it always positive.  But it does often break news and even this article may give some (perhaps unintentional] insight into the thinking of Explora management.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

and show some transparency?

Why should they ? They are not a government agency trusted with the public's money or interests. 

"What does transparency in government mean?"

“Transparency” is government's obligation to share information with citizens that is needed to make informed decisions and hold officials accountable for the conduct of the people's business. Transparency exists on government websites largely at the munificence of officials." 

When a private company begins to listen and take advice from every Tom, Dick and Morpheus, they may just spiral down into bankruptcy at a much faster rate had they not stayed the course that got them to the top in the first place.

I think people are looking for transparency somewhere not though in this article about the adequacy of the refund process. Some cancelled guests are implying they’ve had different arrangements to others. I think everyone is hurting a little from the late cancellation and how it’s impacted on their wallets and plans so will be looking for some more “sympathy” from Explora. A little nod to understanding the upset whilst celebrating the launch would go a long way I’m sure 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, uktog said:

I think everyone is hurting a little from the late cancellation and how it’s impacted on their wallets and plans so will be looking for some more “sympathy” from Explora.

Perhaps it is a two-way street ? Explora Journeys is looking for a little "sympathy" from its guests as well ?

"Travel insurance does not cover losses that arise from expected or reasonably foreseeable events or problems — even if that event or problem is listed as a covered reason. A foreseeable event is an outcome that a reasonable person in similar circumstances would expect to occur."

15 hours ago, Corriegr said:

She’s getting a fulll on welcome and we have a ringside seat … now very excited about Nov 27th IMG_3053.thumb.jpeg.f7b181c6da88c15eb30117e5a8cec952.jpeg

I’m looking forward to our arrival in New York on September 25. That better be full-on or I will be big time disappointed. I sincerely hopes she doesn’t sneak in in the early hours of the morning.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

We just booked 20 October, Quebec to Miami. Very exciting to try something new 😃 

We were to Floris but after being cancelled on twice the shine had dimmed for now. Will be interested to hear how you find it 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

We were to Floris but after being cancelled on twice the shine had dimmed for now. Will be interested to hear how you find it 

Third time lucky? Join us 20 October 🙂 Would be lovely to see you again! 

• Like 1