Latest news about Explora Journeys

Beamafar

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Is she really that slow? 18 knots maximum speed makes her one of the slowest cruise ships. Most can travel an average of more than 20 with no issue if needed and have a maximum speed of around 24.

She reached around 21 knots during her trials. But it is difficult to sail that long distance over 20 knots 

because the wind and the current have to be always optimal for it. And over such a long distance you have sometimes days where you have headwinds or countercurrents. So I would consider 15-18 knots on average for this distance is realistic for the Explora I.

9 hours ago, Ulsteinvik said:

She reached around 21 knots during her trials. But it is difficult to sail that long distance over 20 knots 

because the wind and the current have to be always optimal for it. And over such a long distance you have sometimes days where you have headwinds or countercurrents. So I would consider 15-18 knots on average for this distance is realistic for 1the Explora I.

in that website - unable to copy -  her speed is said to be  18 knots

Virtuosa   22 knots 

quousque tandem abutere Explora patientia nostra ??? ( Cicero )

how long is Explora going to abuse our patience ??? 

20 minutes ago, steamboats said:

More news... The christening as well as the handover will be today in Monfalcone - so four days earlier than announced.

The panels stay onboard (also on the MSC Euribia) and are regarded safe.

steamboats

So a false alarm ruined many people’s original plans.

Maybe as they haven’t had to pay for huge refit costs or additional cancellations they can be more “generous” to those impacted. The 30% voucher only valid for 12 months is meaningless given the price increases now applied 

43 minutes ago, uktog said:

So a false alarm ruined many people’s original plans.

Maybe as they haven’t had to pay for huge refit costs or additional cancellations they can be more “generous” to those impacted. The 30% voucher only valid for 12 months is meaningless given the price increases now applied 

I wonder if they (and Paroc) will sue the competitor who caused all the trouble with an apparently false test report?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Where did you read this "apparently false test report?"

I’m interested too as it makes our 30% even more disappointing 

An very trivial interesting observation. Cruise Mapper labels Explora I as MSC Explora I, Marine Traffic labels it as Explora I.  Explora Journeys has never used MSC Explora I so I would think Cruise Mapper need to change. Good news is she is underway in the Adriatic.

Explora I left Monfalcone yesterday evening past 7 pm on her way to Barcelona.

And BTW, it was not the christening by Sylvia Earle but the traditional bottle break at the delivery ceremony. The so called shipyard christening was done by Zoe Africa Vago.

steamboats