The Daily for Friday September 10, 2021

richwmn

👍Thank You for The Daily Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists.

😉I don't recall visiting Norfolk Island in Australia...yes to Hamilton Island and Kangaro Island, however.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers good luck with your test today. We used to be 'Gym Rats' using the machines and also going to water aerobics. Now after my fall, I'm a PT patient, lol!🤓

🙏Prayers to all in need. (Still morning )

Katie

FB_IMG_1631294290677.jpg

• Like 22

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Howdy, everyone!

we arrived safely in Seattle and our shuttle picked us right up.  Arrived at the hotel at 10:30 and to our surprise we were able to go right to our room.  Now just waiting on Carolyn @Cruising-along.  Have a great rest of your day!

So glad to hear you arrived safely and how nice that you could got right to your room so early.  I think the “good vacation gods” are giving you signs 😄 

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Howdy, everyone!

we arrived safely in Seattle and our shuttle picked us right up.  Arrived at the hotel at 10:30 and to our surprise we were able to go right to our room.  Now just waiting on Carolyn @Cruising-along.  Have a great rest of your day!

Glad you arrived safely and could get right into your room.  Enjoy your lunch with @Cruising-along Carolyn.  Bon Voyage tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 12

I think CC is having a bit of a hissy fit today.  Can't post a pic and post disappeared 😢 So here we go with v2.1

Hello everyone,   Very late again today. It has been a nice day, with sunshine and a few clouds but definitely autumnal in feel. 

Positive thoughts for those on the ever growing care list.

We have decided to name the new car 'Simone'.  The first Citroën that I was aware of was the C11 used by Inspector Maigret in the stories by Georges Simonen.  When I suggested that we name the car Maigret, DW said 'you can't name your car after a duck dish!' 🤣, so we decided on Simone as being close to the author's name and also one of our favourite singers.

B20210910_151447.jpg

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I think CC is having a bit of a hissy fit today.  Can't post a pic and post disappeared 😢 So here we go with v2.1

Hello everyone,   Very late again today. It has been a nice day, with sunshine and a few clouds but definitely autumnal in feel. 

We have decided to name the new car 'Simone'.  The first Citroën that I was aware of was the C11 used by Inspector Maigret in the stories by Georges Simonen.  When I suggested that we name the car Maigret, DW said 'you can't name your car after a duck dish!' 🤣, so we decided on Simone as being close to the author's name and also one of our favourite singers.

B20210910_151447.jpg

Nice looking vehicle, Colin 👍 

• Like 9

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  Busy work morning and took the afternoon off so I could get my real ID.  Tonight’s dinner will be the lasagna from the other day’s meal suggestion, with wine of course.  @dfish I’m glad you made it safely to Seattle.  The next week will go way too fast for you and Sue.  I hope you have a wonderful adventure.  I hope everyone has a good day and weekend.

image.png.08f33dfdbc63f2d36487cd09b5a07137.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 3

So nice to read of all the updates.  I can salute sewing machines, as long as I don't have to use one.  Never worked very well for me.  (And I don't like to sew anyway).  Exchanging ideas is part of the fun of the Daily!

Finished my TV interview.  Wasn't too bad, and I am always happy to share with others the stories I have from 09/11 and the aftermath.  It was an experience that was life-changing for me.

Like other parts of the country, we are starting to see some signs of fall.  This is my favorite season, but wish it wasn't so early this year.  A few leaves are starting to change, and the temperatures are definitely cooling!

@dfishglad you are safely in Seattle, and ready to enjoy your cruise!  Have fun.

@StLouis Cruiser, hope that all goes well with your test.

I went with my step-daughter yesterday to a "senior's expo" and got lots of goodies.  Best thing I got was a new deck of cards.  I love playing Solitaire, and am enjoying the break from the games on the I-pad.  Going with her to help at her church's food pantry this afternoon, and then we will be attending an outdoor concert tonight and tomorrow night!  She wears me out.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

NEVER FORGET!

• Like 22

39 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

B20210910_151447.jpg

Nice Ride !!! Enjoy  !!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

B20210910_151447.jpg

Nice car! I am a big Maigret fan and have many of the books by Simonen.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmd  -- Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here.

I have 7 vintage sewing machines - the oldest is a Singer treadle from 1902.  Love them all!

My husband loves Gimlet cocktails - I prefer the 🍸Gibson.

• Like 15

Hi all!  Back at home relaxing and just had my first liquid to swallow.  I was supposed to wait an hour and it's been almost 3 hours now.  Weird feeling at first.  They numb you with lidocaine-soaked gauze pads (small and thin pads) with a blue string attached to them.  He pushes them up your nostril so far it's rather uncomfortable.  Then the lidocaine drains down your throat.  Yuck!  Tasted terrible, felt awful so I'm sure glad that's over with!  And the string is to pull them back out.  The camera goes in and he looks your interior over carefully.  He urged me to look at the monitor so he could point out things.  Apparently I don't have adenoids so they must have been removed with my tonsils as a child.  Never knew about the adenoids.  The verdict - I am just fine.  Nothing bad in there at all.  He gave me a prescription for an expensive nasal spray for post nasal drip to see if that helps with the cough.  Other than that he could refer me to a pulmonologist.  I think I'd rather just learn to live with the cough.  

So I'm just fine, perfect in fact, but not a lot of answers unfortunately.  Thanks everyone for your concern.❤️

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi all!  Back at home relaxing and just had my first liquid to swallow.  I was supposed to wait an hour and it's been almost 3 hours now.  Weird feeling at first.  They numb you with lidocaine-soaked gauze pads (small and thin pads) with a blue string attached to them.  He pushes them up your nostril so far it's rather uncomfortable.  Then the lidocaine drains down your throat.  Yuck!  Tasted terrible, felt awful so I'm sure glad that's over with!  And the string is to pull them back out.  The camera goes in and he looks your interior over carefully.  He urged me to look at the monitor so he could point out things.  Apparently I don't have adenoids so they must have been removed with my tonsils as a child.  Never knew about the adenoids.  The verdict - I am just fine.  Nothing bad in there at all.  He gave me a prescription for an expensive nasal spray for post nasal drip to see if that helps with the cough.  Other than that he could refer me to a pulmonologist.  I think I'd rather just learn to live with the cough.  

So I'm just fine, perfect in fact, but not a lot of answers unfortunately.  Thanks everyone for your concern.❤️

I'm so happy to hear all was clear! You have been in my thoughts all day. Whew!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, good news that the doctor did not find anything wrong.  Hope the nasal spray helps with the cough.  I know it must be frustrating not to have a lot of answers, but that's better than bad news.

Lenda

• Like 13

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

FYI… This is contrary from what we read and see on news.

When we had our Senior flu shots Wednesday at a CVS pharmacy I asked about a Pfizer booster shot. They asked when we had our second vaccine dose? If it had been over 8 months since we had our second vaccine shot we could have scheduled an appointment.

So if you want a booster it seems like you can get one if you meet the 8 month criteria; at least at the pharmacy we use.

Just passing on and you may want to check with your local pharmacy.

I heard on the tv this morning that there is a school of thought that it would be best to have the booster shot be different from your first two --i.e., if you had Pfizer for the first two, then get a booster with Moderna and vice versa. The thinking is that the shots are different enough that this would give you greater coverage against the variants. However the verdict is still out based on more testing, and no one is sure about how to handle the J&J.

Again, just fyi!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

My Covid test (at my County Health Department) was a new experience.  It was a saliva PCR test and I was given a kit and told to go back to my car and fill a test tube with saliva.  It takes a lot of saliva to fill a test tube and I had to keep spitting away for a good 10 minutes.  Once done I dropped the test tube in a bin by the front door.

Another post rescued from CC Limbo.

Roy

• Like 16

38 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh that’s sounds awful.  Sorry you had to endure it 😔 Glad you are ok but wish they could have found the solution to your cough 😞 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

My Covid test (at my County Health Department) was a new experience.  It was a saliva PCR test and I was given a kit and told to go back to my car and fill a test tube with saliva.  It takes a lot of saliva to fill a test tube and I had to keep spitting away for a good 10 minutes.  Once done I dropped the test tube in a bin by the front door.

Another post rescued from CC Limbo.

Roy

Wow - that’s a new one, Roy.  So no one was supervising to make sure it was your saliva?  LOL 😂 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Went to the ENT last month for something similar---- cough, raspy voice, occasional choking....did a laryngoscopy & found nothing ---- put me on Pepcid for 'maybe reflux' - which I denied having.....funny thing, it has helped with all but the raspy voice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, 57redbird said:

Went to the ENT last month for something similar---- cough, raspy voice, occasional choking....did a laryngoscopy & found nothing ---- put me on Pepcid for 'maybe reflux' - which I denied having.....funny thing, it has helped with all but the raspy voice.

Yes, we tried the Pepcid before the ENT and it didn't help.  Guess I don't have acid reflux.  🙂

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, woodworker&knitter said:

I find this quite interesting. I had a face to face appt with my doctor last month and mentioned my post nasal drip , right ear was plugged and I coughed every morning as soon as I got up. 
A nasal spray (covered by insurance) a treatment pattern and voila problem solved

Fingers crossed that works for me, too.

• Like 10