Help please. Test results name "must match government issued ID"?

39august

Just noticed this wording in my updated Celebrity notification about requirements for our cruise Sept. 26. Does this mean the test must be made under the name on your passport, using middle name, as well as first and last?  Or does it mean the name on the test results must be in the same name as our vaccination cards? These do not show our middle names, just initials. Eeek! Hope someone here can give me the answer. Have to test this coming Friday. 

We were issued our CDC Vaccine cards without names or date of birth.  I just wrote the info in myself using middle names because I always go by Mary Lou so it is 2nd nature.  Just registered both of us for the NAVICA site where it only asked for 1st and last name.  I put in Mary Lou for me and Michael for my DH.  I don't anticipate a problem when we board. 

CDC card only has a spot for middle initial. My results also only have a middle initial. I think you are overthinking this. As long as you are John Paul smith and vaccine card says John p smith, I think you will be fine. I used to have a passport issued w my middle initial only. And sometimes we would forget and book a plane ticket w no middle name or my full middle name. It was never a problem

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Just noticed this wording in my updated Celebrity notification about requirements for our cruise Sept. 26. Does this mean the test must be made under the name on your passport, using middle name, as well as first and last?  Or does it mean the name on the test results must be in the same name as our vaccination cards? These do not show our middle names, just initials. Eeek! Hope someone here can give me the answer. Have to test this coming Friday. 

I would go with the exact name on your passport/DL whatever ID you are showing to the test procotor when they ask you to show ID.

I posted the link to Tony's video. I hear the proctor asking Tony about a middle name on his ID and if he wanted that name on his results (?)

Just now, Arzeena said:

I would go with the exact name on your passport/DL whatever ID you are showing to the test procotor when they ask you to show ID.

I posted the link to Tony's video. I hear the proctor asking Tony about a middle name on his ID and if he wanted that name on his results (?)

I have no middle name so never faced a middle name problem.

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think you should never use nicknames on vaccine cards or tests.

Just as a rule, use real name for most things.  Nicknames for for dialogue not official papers.

just saying

a middle initial is not a nickname! Lol. I got by Victoria. My full name is Victoria Elizabeth. That doesn’t make Victoria E a nickname. There are sometimes that there just isn’t room for a middle name. 

Net - Net, I would venture to say that just as long as first name and last names match all will be good...

Yes, there will be a few ports of entry where this is not true, yet for cruises no issue.

In health and bon voyage

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Net - Net, I would venture to say that just as long as first name and last names match all will be good...

Yes, there will be a few ports of entry where this is not true, yet for cruises no issue.

In health and bon voyage

I would say you are correct.   When inspecting ours it looked like they were looking more at the dates and type Vax instead of name.     Same for Test Results.... mine again only had first and last name and they were looking for the DATE.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I'll have to pick one since my license and passport don't match. 

My last name properly has a space.  My passport shows this properly.  My DL does not since this is apparently not possible within the state's system.  I could hyphen or underscore, but no space.