Shadowing the Greek Islands 20/9-5/10

Silver Spectre

We are all entitled to different opinions even if the basic events were the same.

I wish to provide a counterpoint on this thread about Bob the CD.

In my opionion he is the worst CD that I have ever sailed with on SS.  Rather than give you a litany of examples, I will confine myself to last night

in the Panorama, the replacement venue for the pool deck party, relocated due to the high winds.

Prior to the start of the show, Bob came to talk to a group of Americans but left without continuing to 'work the room' before the commencement of the show.  Part of his duties includes circulating around all passengers, not just his chosen few.

At the conclusion of the performance, he thanked fhe  Voices of Silversea, but only named two of the artistes who had performed.  If he has a problem remembering names,  he should either not name anyone, or have all their names on a crib sheet.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Master Echo

• Like 1

Yesterday one of the most travelled Venetians with nearly 2000 days celebrated his 94th birthday onboard.  He is extremely well liked by  all the staff and passengers alike.  

Long may he continue!👍🛳😃🙏

Kindest regards

Master Echo

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elginjock said:

Sounds like Bob needs some guidance from the wonderful Colin Brown who knows how to work the room.

Just wondering if some of the new CD’S have come from RC?

We have sailed with him before, probably 5 years ago on the Whisper. He is what he is.

4 hours ago, Master Echo said:

Yesterday one of the most travelled Venetians with nearly 2000 days celebrated his 94th birthday onboard.

Holy Toledo!  What's the loyalty benefit for 2,000 days; a complimentary Grand Voyage or a lifetime of free laundry at home?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Holy Toledo!  What's the loyalty benefit for 2,000 days; a complimentary Grand Voyage or a lifetime of free laundry at home?

We plebes aren't ever going to find out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Master Echo said:

Yesterday one of the most travelled Venetians with nearly 2000 days celebrated his 94th birthday onboard.  He is extremely well liked by  all the staff and passengers alike.  

Long may he continue!👍🛳😃🙏

Kindest regards

Master Echo

WOW..........2000 days? How wonderful is that and I hope he is able to continue to sail for as many more days as he wants!😀🙂😃

Do you all remember Miss. W.?  She used to actually live in the ship ( Spirit or Cloud ?).  I remember meeting her around twelve years ago...she smoked where she pleased, but the staff gently veered her to a solitary deck.  I bet she had as many or more days.

10 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Do you all remember Miss. W.?  She used to actually live in the ship ( Spirit or Cloud ?).  I remember meeting her around twelve years ago...she smoked where she pleased, but the staff gently veered her to a solitary deck.  I bet she had as many or more days.

Maybe not, IMHO Ms Buckley was the first to 2k days

Just got back to Crete, Chania this time, and the rain has finally caught up with us. It’s still a very pleasant 20c here. A lovely dinner with the fabulous Dr E and his gorgeous partner last night, and looking forward to joining Fernando and the rocking Canadian trio this evening.

There was also a man who had 3 thousand + days . But bare in mind that includes days you pay for someone else and there are those aboard. ( I hear he was treating his gardener). So you could be a high miler too!!!

Edited by zqtchas