Princess Plus Fare - what exactly does it include?

Therese S.

I'm almost ready to cave and add the Princess Plus Fare to my booking.  The current basic price is less than what I originally booked, so the Princess Fare would cost $548 if I re-fared.  The fine print when booking states the Plus Fare includes:

• Wi-fi package
  • Premier drinks with service charge
  • Premier soda package (minors only)
  • Crew incentive included

Does it not include water and soda for adults?  What about coffee? 

If you look around there are many posts costing out whether it is worth it or not...Most think it is.  To me, it is way better than NCL's similar offer--the Princess offer includes the drink tips--while NCL's does not.

Here's one example of a cost-out in this thread:

Edited by Gretchendz

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.

I have never seen a tumbler with the drink package - only people I know have gotten it were people on the soda package

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have never seen a tumbler with the drink package - only people I know have gotten it were people on the soda package

Perhaps, but that is a cut and paste from the Princess website so wasn't about to edit it.

Perhaps young people with the package get the tumbler

Edited by chrysalis

6 hours ago, chrysalis said:

What is Included

Thanks for posting this. My wife asked me just the other day what that package included. 

I might get Plus if it were $40 a day. For my cruise last month, it was more than $100 a day for me (solo cabin booked at a Drop & Go fare). But even for the December cruises that I'm tracking prices for, the price varies--from $40 a day to $60 a day. I'm waiting to see if there will be a reduced single supplement for at least one of those cruises like Princess has for cruises until the end of next month.

We were able to upgrade to the Plus package for our Christmas cruise (from a move over offer pre-pandemic) for $799. Three passengers on a 7 day sailing. I subtracted out the gratuities and discounted internet and it worked to be about $15/ppd. Easily a few sodas or coffee or an alcoholic drink so well worth it for us.

Was wondering about the tumbler after seeing the posts about it above and dug through some of the fine print at https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/princess-plus/ (Long story short: Kids get the tumbler. Adults don't.):

What’s NOT included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package does not include souvenir items, room service, vending machine or mini-bar items.

What if I’m not of legal drinking age (21 years of age or older)?
Guests who are under 21 will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package. Package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest.

What’s included in the Premier Coffee & Soda Package?
The Premier Coffee & Soda Package includes souvenir tumbler...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chrysalis said:

What is Included

Thank you for the detailed list, it's really helpful.  Does anyone know if there is a daily limit on the water bottles?  My husband can go through 6-7 of the 16.9 500ML bottles a day.  And can you order all the water bottles you think you might need for the day or is it like alcohol drinks one at a time? 

37 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

Was wondering about the tumbler after seeing the posts about it above and dug through some of the fine print at https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/princess-plus/ (Long story short: Kids get the tumbler. Adults don't.):

What’s NOT included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package does not include souvenir items, room service, vending machine or mini-bar items.

What if I’m not of legal drinking age (21 years of age or older)?
Guests who are under 21 will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package. Package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest.

What’s included in the Premier Coffee & Soda Package?
The Premier Coffee & Soda Package includes souvenir tumbler...

We (2 adults) got tumblers last month on our UK sailing,  they were in our room when we embarked. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Thank you for the detailed list, it's really helpful.  Does anyone know if there is a daily limit on the water bottles?  My husband can go through 6-7 of the 16.9 500ML bottles a day.  And can you order all the water bottles you think you might need for the day or is it like alcohol drinks one at a time? 

i believe water bottle goes one at a time but you can walk to a different bar and get an another one a few minutes later

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Therese S. said:

What's wrong with ships water??

17 hours ago, geoherb said:

I might get Plus if it were $40 a day. For my cruise last month, it was more than $100 a day for me (solo cabin booked at a Drop & Go fare). But even for the December cruises that I'm tracking prices for, the price varies--from $40 a day to $60 a day. I'm waiting to see if there will be a reduced single supplement for at least one of those cruises like Princess has for cruises until the end of next month.

What is this single supplement of which you speak?  And where would someone keep track of them offering a single suppliment?

24 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

What is this single supplement of which you speak?  And where would someone keep track of them offering a single suppliment?

It's the cost that solo passengers pay to take a cruise versus the cost for people booking a cabin double occupancy. Currently, for instance, Princess has some cruises this month and next that have single supplements less than 100 percent. For instance, the Emerald Princess's Panama Canal cruise on October 15 is $699 for double occupancy and $1,061 for single. The difference of $362 makes the single supplement about 52 percent. Also, the single supplement is not fixed. It can vary by cabin category. The single supplement for an outside cabin on this cruise is 42 percent and for a balcony is 25 percent.

For the December cruises that I'm tracking the prices of, the single supplement right now is 100 percent. It was 50 percent for my cruise last month on the Majestic Princess. That's around the sweet spot for me to book another solo cruise unless the price is deeply discounted already.

To look up the amount of single supplement, just change the number of passengers from the default of 2 to 1 when pricing cruises on the Princess website. Subtract the price for 2 from the price for 1 and divide by the price for 2. That will give you the single supplement percent. It's easy to see that it's 100 percent when the price of one is double the price for two. 

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

What's wrong with ships water??

He just likes bottled water, doesn't drink our at home tap water either.   Right now we have 8 24 packs of water stacked up in the garage and it goes fast.  As for myself I also prefer bottled water, but usually drink the ships water and refill my water bottle.   Every cruise Ive ever taken my feet and ankles swell.  I dont know if its the ships water or not, but once I get home the swelling disappears, usually on the car ride home.