Is Celebrity Edge coming down-under in 2023/2024?!

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That was the Royal suite for 7k 

we paid $3400 for grand suite.

How would a Batemans bay church that worships a hairless cat go?

Tax free dollars,you could be the treasurer.

But then ICAC would be after me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 9:35 AM, GUT2407 said:
  • Just had a quick look at a 6 night Tassie trip in March nearly $2400 ea for 6 nights, (verandah wheelchair) Pass. I was cringing when prices passed the $250 pp pn mark, but $400 is just crazy.

OTT, I remember my benchmark days of $100 per day, per person - twin share.   Gone to Gowings.

800px-Gowings_signage_on_George_St_in_August_2010.JPG.4b74810ed8108409b545a14ab8e7212b.JPG

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

OTT, I remember my benchmark days of $100 per day, per person - twin share.   Gone to Gowings.

800px-Gowings_signage_on_George_St_in_August_2010.JPG.4b74810ed8108409b545a14ab8e7212b.JPG

Mine was $200 p- pd but that was for a mid ship sandwich deck balcony and up to a couple of years ago could stick to it no worries, then I had to start going first couple of cabins mid fore or mid aft, not a hope now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Mine was $200 p- pd but that was for a mid ship sandwich deck balcony and up to a couple of years ago could stick to it no worries, then I had to start going first couple of cabins mid fore or mid aft, not a hope now.

Most of our cruising was done in part obstructed view cabins and you could get them on Princess for $100 pptws.  Only in the past 5 years did we splurge on balconies and the odd mini suite.

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Most of our cruising was done in part obstructed view cabins and you could get them on Princess for $100 pptws.  Only in the past 5 years did we splurge on balconies and the odd mini suite.

So, have you booked Edge yet Uncle Les?

We did our first Celebrity cruise on Solstice in 2015. It was $240pp pd for a balcony with drinks package included which I thought was reasonable value. Oddly enough I worked out it would have cost almost as much for an inside cabin then buying the drinks package.

Our next Solstice cruise was actually slightly cheaper at $233, then the third was back up to $244. Due to poor drinks service and excessive noise all around the ship, combined with shorter itineraries at higher prices, we didn't bother booking a fourth cruise. 

I'm not really interested in trying the Edge but who knows what will happen in the future.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Not booked the Edge, been on Solstice some 7 years ago to Nu Ziland. I liked the ship.

Is Captain Kate driving the Edge?

1417833928_th(3).jpg.a28bf88d9052ef3ce65a5843f91ab646.jpg1180918589_th(8).jpg.aad39841862d180ea1407df16cb5c147.jpg

Unlikely. Captain Kate has just been tasked with their newbuild, Celebrity Beyond. I would settle for Captain Tasos again, we have had him at the helm for both of our Celebrity sailings.

We booked Edge earlier this week - 7th March 2024 for a 6 nighter to Tassie. The prices are up a bit, but we will use the included drinks & internet. Booked an oceanview overlooking the bow, which sjhould be a bit of fun if the Tasman is bumpy.

Our first Celebrity cruise was Century, about 2014 I think, we got concierge for less than a balcony, about $200 pppd (slightly less I think) next was Solstice, but that was a three night booze cruise so hard to price compare, but we splurged for Mrs G’s birthday, still only $250 pp pd

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Unlikely. Captain Kate has just been tasked with their newbuild, Celebrity Beyond. I would settle for Captain Tasos again, we have had him at the helm for both of our Celebrity sailings.

We booked Edge earlier this week - 7th March 2024 for a 6 nighter to Tassie. The prices are up a bit, but we will use the included drinks & internet. Booked an oceanview overlooking the bow, which sjhould be a bit of fun if the Tasman is bumpy.

We have booked this cruise too earlier this week and decided to do our first B2B and booked the NZ cruise that follows.  I agree with others, it's expensive per night.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Embrace said:

We have booked this cruise too earlier this week and decided to do our first B2B and booked the NZ cruise that follows.  I agree with others, it's expensive per night.

Crazy prices, unless you have a specific cabin,just wait.

6 hours ago, Embrace said:

As the other lines release their 23/24 itineraries and the cruise world has settled down, I think they will more expensive across the board. P&O inside guarantees for the same time are upwards of $200pp twin per night.

8 hours ago, Cockatoos said:

Does anyone know if there is a repositioning cruise to AU/NZ for the start of the season down under? We can only find the New Zealand cruise departing Auckland on 9 Dec 2023

I attended an online seminar on Edge in Oz promoted by a TA. I asked the celebrity rep and they advised that were still finalising the 2023/24 season and once that was done they would look at the repositioning cruises. Rumour is it will be Barcelona/Singapore, then similar back to Europe. Expected to be released before Christmas.

11 hours ago, gogo65 said:

I attended an online seminar on Edge in Oz promoted by a TA. I asked the celebrity rep and they advised that were still finalising the 2023/24 season and once that was done they would look at the repositioning cruises. Rumour is it will be Barcelona/Singapore, then similar back to Europe. Expected to be released before Christmas.

Bringing her here to the Pacific region, I would have thought that they would use her between AU and Alaska.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Alaska for edge.

Hey Whats the big news Royal is going to hit us with?

Lelepa?

I don't think it will be anything with our local market, possible another island resort in the Caribbean, or Asia. Wonder of the Seas to Asia after her 2022 European deployment?  

• Thanks 1