Is Celebrity Edge coming down-under in 2023/2024?!

On 10/18/2021 at 12:33 PM, Cockatoos said:

Does anyone know if there is a repositioning cruise to AU/NZ for the start of the season down under? We can only find the New Zealand cruise departing Auckland on 9 Dec 2023

Coming from Europe via the Suez Canal, India, Sri Lanka and Bali. The just posted the itinerary a few days ago.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:02 PM, woodscruise said:

I don't think it will be anything with our local market, possible another island resort in the Caribbean, or Asia. Wonder of the Seas to Asia after her 2022 European deployment?  

C&A  FB has a clip with Petra ,Egypt,The colosseum and the Aztec pyramids.
‘BIG BIG news 

Apparently the big news should be in the morning our time.

I think it’s another sale  , a WOW sale!

Could be the thanksgiving sales?

Don't you just love the American hype ?

On 10/20/2021 at 8:12 PM, woodscruise said:

Having worked for an American company in the past, I always love the American hype...very much over the top.

I just thought I would post this here ,Some of our friends up north are a bit sensitive.

The U.S. senate has introduced new sanctions on China.

China has vowed to block all U.S. cruise ships from using its ports.

Flagged or not ,so that’s probably why Spectrum is having such a hard time where Genting and Viking doesn’t.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1634

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Flagged or not ,so that’s probably why Spectrum is having such a hard time where Genting and Viking doesn’t.

Giving this information, I would not mind betting that Spectrum  will now move between Singapore, Japan, and South Korea

44 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Giving this information, I would not mind betting that Spectrum  will now move between Singapore, Japan, and South Korea

It was a big decision to pull Wonder out of China,I can understand why.

Japan would be a good,I believe they have just finished a big cruise terminal there.
Chinese can get a exit visa for Japan easily but not for Korea.

There was someone on Jewel on a cruise out of cypress a couple of weeks ago.

They said they where talking to Nextcruise about Wonder.

Nextcruise said Wonder will be going to Asia after it Mediterranean season next year.I think it was the end of 2022. They said it may be home ported in Japan.

But that’s just gossip .

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

There was someone on Jewel on a cruise out of cypress a couple of weeks ago.

They said they where talking to Nextcruise about Wonder.

Nextcruise said Wonder will be going to Asia after it Mediterranean season next year.I think it was the end of 2022. They said it may be home ported in Japan.

I also read that. I noticed that after the European season, Wonder is scheduled for a transatlantic end of October 2022, then showing as been in Asia from 25 November 2022. I would not be surprised to see it in Asia after the European season, and sailing non revenue to Asia.

2 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I also read that. I noticed that after the European season, Wonder is scheduled for a transatlantic end of October 2022, then showing as been in Asia from 25 November 2022. I would not be surprised to see it in Asia after the European season, and sailing non revenue to Asia.

So that’s double booked?  Back to Port Canaveral and also to Asia.

Thats what I have been reading also but there’s to many oasis class in the Atlantic and I believe they may have trouble filling them.
Port Canaveral will have Allure and Wonder this Christmas,to many.

One will be coming to Asia Pacific and looking at wonder with all the Chinese signage,it will be wonder.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Has anyone had a strawberry pie?

I haven’t really heard of one but there’s no reason not?

One Sydney bakery used to make a strawberry and rhubarb pie. Family size not individual. They were very yummy but I haven't seen them anywhere for ages. Strawberry on it's own can be overly sweet but with rhubarb added it balances out the sweetness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 8:41 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

One Sydney bakery used to make a strawberry and rhubarb pie. Family size not individual. They were very yummy but I haven't seen them anywhere for ages. Strawberry on it's own can be overly sweet but with rhubarb added it balances out the sweetness. 

When I was at Wollongong in the 70's, I used to ride up to Robertson Pie shop, top of Mcquarie Pass, they had many fruit pies like strawberry, apple, blueberry, rhubarb etc. In the days I could eat them. The pie ship is still operating. Highly recommended.  Thread hijack this one, not the pie thread, oh well...

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

When I was at Wollongong in the 70's, I used to ride up to Robertson Pie shop, top of Mcquarie Pass, they had many fruit pies like strawberry, applue, blueberry, rhubarb etc. In the days I could eat them. The pie ship is still operating. Highly recommended.

Have been there many times, and even recently, the pies are still very good.

• Like 1

I just stumbled on this, I'm glad it has shifted to pie. I'm not excited about edge class ships so pay little attention to them. On the subject of strawberry pie, as Julie said strawberry and rhubarb is a common baked fruit Pie. When I was a young man fresh out of high school I worked at a fine dining restaurant and the signature dessert was Strawberry pie. One of my jobs was to construct the pies, this involved taking pre baked pie shells and filling them with 1 pound of raw fresh strawberries which were coated in a clear strawberry flavoured glaze. To serve the pie was portioned at 6 pieces per pie and topped with fresh whipped cream. It was a top seller we went through at least 10 pies per shift. That restaurant is long gone but you can still get fresh strawberry pie at several outlets in our area.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:26 PM, Chiliburn said:

It is a good price.

We want to do a cruise to cairns and comparing Celebrity eclipse and Royals radiance.

A balcony on eclipse was the same as a grand suite on radiance.

Aqua was the same as a owner’s suite 

Lol...  these are not comparable ships.  Of course, you will get a better deal on RC Radiance (2001) to Celebrity Eclipse (2010).  Radiance is an older and smaller ship.  They are not in the same category.  Almost like saying I got a good deal on car A compared to what the BMW dealer offered.   

A better comparison of ships is RC Ovation (2016) to the Eclipse. The six year age gap between the two does skew the comparison a bit.  

Edited by crusinthrough