Pinnacle status just achieved, any secrets I should know???

13 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Will be happy to send you mine from years ago.  Still on its little card.😉

LOL...thanks...but for some reason I seemed to have survived without getting one. 😉 It was actually a couple years later that I actually even saw one.   

Ooooo...ahhhh...little piece of green glass instead of the little piece of white glass on Diamond pin.  😄 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have not had the pleasure of cruising with Celebrity....yet...but will sometime in the future.  🙂 

In case you weren't aware, reciprocity ends at Diamond / Elite.  You have to earn the higher status on the respective line.

D, D+, Pinnacle -> Elite

Elite, Elite +, Zenith -> Diamond

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

In case you weren't aware, reciprocity ends at Diamond / Elite.  You have to earn the higher status on the respective line.

D, D+, Pinnacle -> Elite

Elite, Elite +, Zenith -> Diamond

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

Thanks....yes I already knew that.  😉  

In 2013 I applied for and received our loyalty numbers for Celebrity Captains club.   Starting at zero with them, but nice to have Elite level perks for our first cruise.   

Just need to get on one of the ships at some point.  🙂 

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That would be D++  😉

No such category.    Made up by D+ guests who need to feel important.      

Guess I should have said, "Cheer with an officer was a combined Pinnace and D+ over (350 point) lunch." 

M

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I wonder if the changes will end up being permanent?   

Was kind of hoping the old set up would return with the (hopefully) end of Covid era masks, vaccines, Covid tests...etc.  

Sure would be nice to get back to normal again...in all respects.  🤕

Some will remain the same.   I am told the 6 ( Pinnacle) drinks a day will remain.  While I like  CK, I can't imagine that  full seating will ever happen. There were issues pre-covid.  I believe that those who  pay thousands for a suite should get priority over P for CK seating.  Just to many Pinnacle members on certain sailings.   Last week, Allure only had 50% capacity  and  we had over 70 Pinnacles. The week prior was fewer passengers and  over 80 Pinnacles. We were lucky and  had several  dinners  in  CK, as were were not sailing in a suite.  

I really don't mind the masks or  testing .  I feel safer on a ship than anywhere else.  We are negative when we got on, if we are B2B we got tested the last day  and start another crusie as negative.  Just a pain if you leave your mask in the cabin and have to go back to get it.   

The protocols are inconsistent.  MDR tables are painfully  close yet we had to leave a chair between us and the next party in the ice rink and still wear a mask!  I did  as I was told and had a great cruise.   

Next up is a S2S, of Mariner ( a night in Cocoa Beach) and then Harmony.

M

• Like 1

Thanks....yes I already knew that.  😉  

In 2013 I applied for and received our loyalty numbers for Celebrity Captains club.   Starting at zero with them, but nice to have Elite level perks for our first cruise.   

Just need to get on one of the ships at some point.  🙂 

It is a nice reciprocation.  Only goes up to Elite,  but that is OK. We've enjoyed several Celebrity  sailings.   Most other lines give  nothing to RCCL C&A members.  We joined the MSC club and  our  status matches nicely with them.  We are looking for a cruise that works with our schedule.   I think  MSC had a  time limit of taking a crusie after getting a status match.  And I  believe their  status does not last forever, like RCCL.    

M

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Some will remain the same.   I am told the 6 ( Pinnacle) drinks a day will remain.  While I like  CK, I can't imagine that  full seating will ever happen. There were issues pre-covid.  I believe that those who  pay thousands for a suite should get priority over P for CK seating.  Just to many Pinnacle members on certain sailings.   Last week, Allure only had 50% capacity  and  we had over 70 Pinnacles. The week prior was fewer passengers and  over 80 Pinnacles. We were lucky and  had several  dinners  in  CK, as were were not sailing in a suite.  

I really don't mind the masks or  testing .  I feel safer on a ship than anywhere else.  We are negative when we got on, if we are B2B we got tested the last day  and start another crusie as negative.  Just a pain if you leave your mask in the cabin and have to go back to get it.   

The protocols are inconsistent.  MDR tables are painfully  close yet we had to leave a chair between us and the next party in the ice rink and still wear a mask!  I did  as I was told and had a great cruise.   

Next up is a S2S, of Mariner ( a night in Cocoa Beach) and then Harmony.

M

Of course one thing to keep in mind...is how many Pinnies also sail in suites.  😉 

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

Some suite concierge are asking P in a Suite not to wear their pins in the SL as it upsets suite guests.  🙂

I know of a lot of Pinnies that don't wear their Pins....sneaky devils aren't they?  😉 

Sooo funny when you think about it though.   How sad is someone's life to actually be offended/upset by a simple little gold pin on a stranger's chest?  😏  

Live and let live.  🙂 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No such category.    Made up by D+ guests who need to feel important.      

Guess I should have said, "Cheer with an officer was a combined Pinnace and D+ over (350 point) lunch." 

M

Best part is the extra bottle of wine!!!  😄  🤗

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Best part is the extra bottle of wine!!!  😄  🤗

I just turned D+, so I only get one bottle.  But I chose the beach towel for my next cruise (1st at D+).  I'm not sure what I will pick for future cruises.  With 5 drink vouchers, I really don't need wine and don't really feel like carrying it home (although I will only be flying home on one of my future cruises).

With my current bookings, I will be 3 points short of "D++" 😉  I'm seriously thinking of adding the prior week to my next cruise, to get "over the hump" (and another crystal block).  😄  

• Like 1

Is Celebrity still doing the maskless thing?   

I haven't been paying attention to the mask thing anymore but the last I read was 16 years and older needed to be vaccinated. Onboard the ship fully vaccinated passengers are not required to wear a mask inside or outside. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I just turned D+, so I only get one bottle.  But I chose the beach towel for my next cruise (1st at D+).  I'm not sure what I will pick for future cruises.  With 5 drink vouchers, I really don't need wine and don't really feel like carrying it home (although I will only be flying home on one of my future cruises).

With my current bookings, I will be 3 points short of "D++" 😉  I'm seriously thinking of adding the prior week to my next cruise, to get "over the hump" (and another crystal block).  😄  

Many ships are out of towels.  They've promised to mail them to me when they come back in stock on 3 different ships.  Apparently there are supply chain issues getting them from Asia.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Some suite concierge are asking P in a Suite not to wear their pins in the SL as it upsets suite guests.  🙂

Someone had posted this at some other time and  it is simply the most absurd thing I ever read.  So now Pinnacles members are some sort of dangerous  gang that "upsets" suite passengers. 

Many suite passengers are first  time  cruisers  and  have no idea of any C&A category.   

Ridiculous!   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Someone had posted this at some other time and  it is simply the most absurd thing I ever read.  So now Pinnacles members are some sort of dangerous  gang that "upsets" suite passengers. 

Many suite passengers are first  time  cruisers  and  have no idea of any C&A category.   

Ridiculous!   

Agreed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Many ships are out of towels.  They've promised to mail them to me when they come back in stock on 3 different ships.  Apparently there are supply chain issues getting them from Asia.  

Guess we were lucky. On a recent Allure B2B  we ordered C&A towels as one of our three gifts. Actually the gift  is for 2 towels so we came home with 4. (Two towels on each leg of the back 2 back).   We were happy to have the towels as we found we weren’t drinking the wine gift.  

m