Pinnacle status just achieved, any secrets I should know???

32 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Guess we were lucky. On a recent Allure B2B  we ordered C&A towels as one of our three gifts. Actually the gift  is for 2 towels so we came home with 4. (Two towels on each leg of the back 2 back).   We were happy to have the towels as we found we weren’t drinking the wine gift.  

m

That's why I went towels for a spell.  Allure on 10/17 didn't have any, or not enough.

On Indy the LA told me she gets a few every once in a while but not enough to satisfy demand.  

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

I haven't been paying attention to the mask thing anymore but the last I read was 16 years and older needed to be vaccinated. Onboard the ship fully vaccinated passengers are not required to wear a mask inside or outside. 

Hmm...strange it is so opposite on the sister lines.  😮   Maybe more younger families with RCI perhaps?  

• 1 month later...

We're D+ and had our Cheers lunch with an officer on our b2b Nov 28 and Dec 5 (so two weeks in a row).  Food the first week was good, second week not so much.  The "filet" tasted like a piece of roast beef.  Also, can do without the wine.  Chardonnay is very oaky (I cant' stand oaky wine) and the red was just okay.   We went the second week because the first week it was so good.  Anyway, beyond a couple of officers coming by to say hello, it wasn't anything special, although we did meet two other couples.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BND said:

We're D+ and had our Cheers lunch with an officer on our b2b Nov 28 and Dec 5 (so two weeks in a row).  Food the first week was good, second week not so much.  The "filet" tasted like a piece of roast beef.  Also, can do without the wine.  Chardonnay is very oaky (I cant' stand oaky wine) and the red was just okay.   We went the second week because the first week it was so good.  Anyway, beyond a couple of officers coming by to say hello, it wasn't anything special, although we did meet two other couples.

Ditto to that.  Both weeks, I had a wonderful filet...and both weeks Bucky had a bad one.  Hit and miss for sure.  

Learning from the first week, we hand carried in a full glass of good wine to enjoy through lunch on the second week. 😉 

Indeed the interaction from the nice conversations made the meal.  The "Cheers" seemed forced and silly to me.  

1 minute ago, little britain said:

If the calculations say you turn 700 on the last night of cruise A and the following day you start cruise B…. When would you get the glass block etc?  I can see this slipping through the system! 

Speak with the LA before the end of the first leg. 

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

If the calculations say you turn 700 on the last night of cruise A and the following day you start cruise B…. When would you get the glass block etc?  I can see this slipping through the system! 

Royally inconsistent.  

The block could be there waiting for you on day one or it could arrive mid-cruise or after the top tier.  Just like any other cruise when you get a block.  

If you are crossing 700 on cruise #1 the LA should be seeking you out anyways so ask them.  If they don't seek you out, go visit them during desk hours.  

Edit to add:  The stratum, the pinnacle specific crystal "mini-tower" comes in a package months afterwards.  The block you receive at 700 on the ship is a standard ship block.  

Edited by twangster

47 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royally inconsistent.  

The block could be there waiting for you on day one or it could arrive mid-cruise or after the top tier.  Just like any other cruise when you get a block.  

If you are crossing 700 on cruise #1 the LA should be seeking you out anyways so ask them.  If they don't seek you out, go visit them during desk hours.  

Edit to add:  The stratum, the pinnacle specific crystal "mini-tower" comes in a package months afterwards.  The block you receive at 700 on the ship is a standard ship block.  

I didn't get that standard block.  Really did not think much of it, since I will be getting the "pointy" one anyway.  😉 

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

I didn't get that standard block.  Really did not think much of it, since I will be getting the "pointy" one anyway.  😉 

I gave my ship block for 700 away to a person who was on their first Diamond cruise solo.  It was a duplicate for me.  It's just a block.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

I gave my ship block for 700 away to a person who was on their first Diamond cruise solo.  It was a duplicate for me.  It's just a block.

I have had many duplicates as well, and indeed always give them away.  A few to my little sister who is about to hit her D+ mark, and the best one was on Vision B2B2B before Covid shut down.  Vision block was yet another duplicate.  We had a fantastic head waiter that we adored.  We gave it to him.  

You would have thought we gave him a million dollars...he was so happy he almost cried!  Told us his room mate had one and was always envious of it.  🙂 

• Like 1