Pinnacle status just achieved, any secrets I should know???

6 hours ago, cindivan said:

I also never realized Pinns just skip every line - thought that was another joke. I have never experienced that.

They don't, at least not in our experience.  Had a couple try it and the other folks in line very quickly let the pinns know it wasn't gonna happen

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2021 at 2:07 AM, gmerick said:

Secret Perk:  Even if you're staying in an inside cabin, they swap cabin stewards around.  If you're doing the stealth Pinnacle thing by cruising in an inside, Royal Caribbean will also give you a stealth Royal Genie as a cabin steward.  You can ask them for anything.

How much do you typically tip the Royal stealth genie? I thought 1000$/7day cruise was appropriate - just asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cindivan said:

Wow I thought the no mask rule was a joke. Are Pinns immune to covid?  Guessing the CDC would have a problem with that no matter what RC wants. 

I also never realized Pinns just skip every line - thought that was another joke. I have never experienced that.   I guess our tipping behavior gets us reasonably quick service as well. 

I keep an excel spreadsheet of all our cruises and time out of the country and when I add something I’m amazed at how much time we have been able to travel.  Pinns have to have an insane amount of days at sea. 

Not sure what you thought I said - but Pinnacles had to wear masks the same as everyone else.

And most Pinnacles I know stand in line the same as everyone else. There was a time when some ships had a line for Guest Services that served not only pinnacles but all Suite guests as well. I have not seen that in a while. W 

• Like 1

Why do people get so cranked up about Pins wearing their name tags?  I agree that it's tacky in some situations (saw someone wearing one on a t-shirt at the pool last week), but it's also tacky to wear loud Hawaiian print shirts or sneakers with knee high socks.  None of that affects me or my cruise experience one bit.  Wear what you want to wear.  Be happy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Why do people get so cranked up about Pins wearing their name tags?  I agree that it's tacky in some situations (saw someone wearing one on a t-shirt at the pool last week), but it's also tacky to wear loud Hawaiian print shirts or sneakers with knee high socks.  None of that affects me or my cruise experience one bit.  Wear what you want to wear.  Be happy.

Thank you!!  This exactly ^.   

Those that are insulted by someone choosing to wear a simple gold bar on their shirt, ......really need to get a life.  

Soo...OK...I walk into the dining room with my pin on.  Dressed nicely for dinner as you would to fine dining restaurant.  Mr. "I hate Pinnacle pins" is sitting there in his baggy shorts, wife beater t-shirt, flip flops, and ball cap...be he is totally disgusted that I have my little pin on.  😆   

So, now I will want to wear it much more often...just to annoy the ones that feel their day is ruined by seeing that pin.  😄   But agree...I would only wear it to events and dinner anyway.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, cindivan said:

Wow I thought the no mask rule was a joke. Are Pinns immune to covid?  Guessing the CDC would have a problem with that no matter what RC wants. 

I also never realized Pinns just skip every line - thought that was another joke. I have never experienced that.   I guess our tipping behavior gets us reasonably quick service as well. 

I keep an excel spreadsheet of all our cruises and time out of the country and when I add something I’m amazed at how much time we have been able to travel.  Pinns have to have an insane amount of days at sea. 

Skipping line isnt that common. Some ships used to have a gold card line at GS's

Maybe for tenders, but I haven’t tendered in forever. Good for entertaining theater early as well. But that was pre Covid. Not sure now.

Best skip the line is if ship has a suite podium in the MDR. 

And the boarding and departure que was great pre Covid as well.

FWIW, these examples apply to suites, and Pins just piggyback off of those privileges.  Or at least they used to.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Seriously? I find the best benefit is the free wifi. Originally it was on "all your devices" but now is limited to one at a time. It still is a significant money saver. 

I am not a line skipper, and never have been. Also have not seen my pin in years, but have no issue with others wearing theirs. 

I miss the CL lounge, but vouchers letting me get my coffees anywhere more than makes up for it.

-Holly

Congrats!  We will finally make Pinnacle on Freedom next August.  Hubby wears his D+ on his collar for dinner.  I don't only b/c I don't want to poke a hole in my top.  I have it on my Royal Tote instead. But the Pinnacle pins we will probably wear since they are magnetic, but only at night when we have our dinner clothes on.

We are looking forward to the free cruise that comes with Pinnacle and the 40% off on the Deluxe Beverage Package.  Have a cruise out of Barbados booked for April 2023 and plan to use the Pinnacle Cert to basically pay for my balcony on the cruise.

We worked hard to make Pinnacle, already have 115 Royal cruises, so will be proud to finally make it.

• Like 2

There are unpublished benefits if you sail out of Asia. On Spectrum of the Seas, you’ll have access to all the Gold Level Suite amenities such as both Gold and Silver dining, the Golden Elevator, and the Golden Suite Patio that’s located outside on top of it the Solarium.

In Hong Kong, they had Pinnacle Club members and Golden Suite guests go through a secrete way that by passed all the lines. 

Edited by SkaterJasp

Why do people consider it "work" or an achievement to get to Pinnacle?  We have bought lots of vacations to get to halfway to Pinnacle, but in no way was it hard to do.  It's no different than my DH hitting 1 million miles with United, except his employer paid for most of those trips.  Or his status with Marriott.  All bought, every single point.  I just find it funny how some view it.  It's not like it's competitive.  Anyone who wants to buy it can.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

Some serious PE on display here.

There is a cure for PE...  consult with your travel professional for a cure. 🤣

As far as other lines I was on Princess recently.  The Elite there have whining and complaining down to a science.  Some even make their own pins.  Seriously made even the small number of Painaccles out there look tame. 

Most Pinnacles are not Painaccles.  But there are those types in every level.   

As far as the pin wear it or not, that's your choice.  As many say it's the most expensive piece of jewelry they own.  It does make a subtle difference and a couple of LA's have recently tried to encourage me to wear it more.  That's why they created it.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 5:35 PM, sjb317 said:

We noticed that as well but maybe it just seemed like that because there were so many of them, 80 plus Pinnacles😳

Sherri🙂

Edited by regg1216
Want to delete