Vaccine Confirmation - New in Check In

AlbertaCruisers

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Will the app allow you to upload two pictures? With Ontario's full page PDF for each vaccination, the only way to squeeze both into a single photo would be to shrink each by 50% and print together on a single page.

Yes, it allows for front and back of the card (I'm not sure if the CDC card in the US has information on the back too?), and since we don't have anything on the back, you could do first and second in the two I think.  Alberta now has a "card" that shows both vaccines on one page (it is just a printed PDF), but that is what I used.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Can you upload the vaccination cards for you family or does each person in your party have to do it separately on their own phone/app?

You can do everyone in your reservation, there is separate options under each persons name in the check in process in the app.  I did both for me and my husband (which both show in check in).  There is also an option at the bottom to add other people, so you may be able to add others you are traveling with. 

Really everything can be done in one app/iphone for everyone on the reservation.  I check us both in, and in August, we both watched the safety videos on my phone and confirmed we both watched and we both did the health questionnaire on one phone and confirmed for both of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

Yes, it allows for front and back of the card (I'm not sure if the CDC card in the US has information on the back too?), and since we don't have anything on the back, you could do first and second in the two I think.  Alberta now has a "card" that shows both vaccines on one page (it is just a printed PDF), but that is what I used.

CDC cards have both a front and back area to fill in the information.  Ours is just on the front though as it reflects both doses.  When we get our boosters perhaps they will use back of card.

• Like 1

To answer part of the original question, they do seem to check the uploaded vax card prior to boarding. I was recently on a test cruise for Royal and they called a few folks to tell them the name on the card didn't match the name on the reservation (they accidentally uploaded the wrong image). Uploading the vax card also made it easier and quicker at check-in as they don't have to scan your card in (the lady behind the counter was relieved I had done everything in advance in the app). They do still have multiple people check your vax card multiple times during check-in so keep it handy until they tell you to put it away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Can you upload the vaccination cards for you family or does each person in your party have to do it separately on their own phone/app?

However you check in. If you check everyone in on the same rez, you will do all these people one at a time in the app. Just scroll down.

On ours, only the front appears to be for entering actual vax info. The back was used for telling us when to come back for the 2nd dose. Not sure why X wanted image of the back.

Does anyone have a CDC card with another format?

20211001_121343.thumb.png.70364717eea78f64dfd67f5dfe33c183.png

Edited by mayleeman

2 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I was able to upload both mine and my husband's on my phone

Robin

58 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

On ours, only the front appears to be for entering actual vax info. The back was used for telling us when to come back for the 2nd dose. Not sure why X wanted image of the back.

That’s the format. I wondered the same thing. Maybe it helps verify the validity of the card, or maybe there are jurisdictions in the world where it matters. 

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

Not sure why X wanted image of the back.

Yeah, it's a minor fraud check.  Some are quite good enough at fraud to remember to (or bother with) copying the back.

8 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

You can upload all members of your party.   I assume you will also need them to upload their photo.

I was just doing it and after I entered the 2nd passenger it defaulted back to the 1st and I accidentally scanned 2nd passenger into my boarding pass so had to do it again.

8 hours ago, LGW59 said:

CDC cards have both a front and back area to fill in the information.  Ours is just on the front though as it reflects both doses.  When we get our boosters perhaps they will use back of card.

They put out 3rd dose on the front.  All of ours were handwritten and there is space for one more entry.

The back just says reminder of 2nd vac date.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

To answer part of the original question, they do seem to check the uploaded vax card prior to boarding. I was recently on a test cruise for Royal and they called a few folks to tell them the name on the card didn't match the name on the reservation (they accidentally uploaded the wrong image). Uploading the vax card also made it easier and quicker at check-in as they don't have to scan your card in (the lady behind the counter was relieved I had done everything in advance in the app). They do still have multiple people check your vax card multiple times during check-in so keep it handy until they tell you to put it away.

This thread is going all over the place... but I was intrigued by your mention of a 'test cruise'.  We're all adults here - give us some more details about what was 'in beta' as they say...

A question to those that have filled out the form.    They asked when was your final dose.    We had our 3rd dose but will only be 13 days prior to sailing.     I put in my 2nd and final as the date and consider the other -- just a booster.

To others filling out the form.    I was doing both of us on my Iphone.    After doing mine and shooting the picture of my Vax card I started on Iain.    After filling out the Passport Information it shifted back to my data field and I overwrote my Vax card I guess because it was empty after I first filled it out.   I had to redo mine and then had to be careful that Iain's name showed at the top of each screen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to power off my iphone and restart before the vaccination tab would show up in the check-in part of the app.  The purple check-in button is at the bottom of the screen.  Click it and "Vaccination" appears as a new tab between "Arrival time" and "Health & safety."  Click the right arrow.  After you snap the photos the vaccination section will be checked off.  Scroll down and do the other passenger(s) on your booking.  When you go back in the vaccination tab the photos of the vax cards will no longer appear.  Hope these details help.  Thanks to poster above who suggested rebooting the phone.  Not sure I would have even known about this if I did not read Cruise Critic. 

20 hours ago, mayleeman said:

My card is identical.  But my pharmacist used the back to place the sticker for dose 2.  Perhaps incorrectly but that's what happened.  Others might be in this situation so maybe that is why Celebrity wants to see front and back.  

• Like 1

It is that time of year for Flu shots.  I personally would like the cruise lines to ask for evidence of Flu vaccine shots as well as Covid vaccine shots.  Then I would know they are really practicing Healthy At Sea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

A question to those that have filled out the form.    They asked when was your final dose.    We had our 3rd dose but will only be 13 days prior to sailing.     I put in my 2nd and final as the date and consider the other -- just a booster.

The second dose is the correct date - they are looking to see the date of 'fully vaccinated' + 14 days.  The booster is not relevant in this case.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

It is that time of year for Flu shots.  I personally would like the cruise lines to ask for evidence of Flu vaccine shots as well as Covid vaccine shots.  Then I would know they are really practicing Healthy At Sea. 

Great post ----  We got out Flu shots yesterday.     I was surprised when we got to the Kaiser local clilnic that there were about 25 people on line in front of us.     Took less than 30 minutes and we were on our way 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Great post ----  We got out Flu shots yesterday.     I was surprised when we got to the Kaiser local clilnic that there were about 25 people on line in front of us.     Took less than 30 minutes and we were on our way 

Don't know if this is true or not but it's my understanding that one cannot have a covid vaccine/booster or any other vaccine if another vaccine shot has been administered within a certain (close) time frame.  So I assume that this would apply to a flu shot and then trying to receive a booster.  Really makes no impact if not travelling but if one is planning a trip I would advise checking this out with your doctor.

Still going to have to show it. I think this is primarily intended to catch people who may be unaware of the requirement as soon as possible. Just my opinion.  The cruise line called us repeatedly prior to our July cruise on Equinox.