Vaccine Confirmation - New in Check In

AlbertaCruisers

I checked in a long time ago for our October 29 and November 7 sailings on the Equinox (back at when they both originally opened at the 90 day mark).  I started seeing people mention that check in had asked them to upload pictures of their vaccine confirmation, but mine did not and there was no option yesterday.  As of today,  for me, in the app, in Check in, an option appeared to add in your vaccination and upload a picture of your proof of vaccination.  In the App, in check in and then the option is under where you selected your arrival time (called "Vaccination").  It is clear you still need to bring your original with you.   I'm wonder if they will have someone look at this in advance and then they just have to make sure you have the original vaccination confirmation with you at check in and they don't have to check it so closely? 

1 minute ago, Big_G said:

Showed up DW's iPhone yesterday but not my Android until I rebooted. She did the upload and it's checked off has complete but we can no longer see the image.

Agreed, it is weird that it goes away like that, maybe that is a privacy issue and they don't want it saved in the app check in.

35 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I’m not seeing this. I have completed check in and have my express pass.  It indicates I will need to do the health and wellness questionnaire 2 days pre cruise.  

I think they are working through adding it to all cruises. Mine just appeared today and same as you I had already checked in and had the express pass.  When is your cruise and on what ship?

As a note, the health questionnaire only opens up a day before your cruise.  Ours opened the day before at about 1:00 pm in August.

5 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

I think they are working through adding it to all cruises. Mine just appeared today and same as you I had already checked in and had the express pass.  When is your cruise and on what ship?

As a note, the health questionnaire only opens up a day before your cruise.  Ours opened the day before at about 1:00 pm in August.

Ok I will watch for it.  We cruise November 12 on the Silhouette… God Willing!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

I think they are working through adding it to all cruises. Mine just appeared today and same as you I had already checked in and had the express pass.  

I think you’re right. By the second week of September, we had already checked in for both our October and December cruises without having been prompted to upload our vaccination records. Since then, we’ve been prompted to upload vaccination records for the October cruise on Edge, but not the December cruise on Equinox. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

I’m not seeing this. I have completed check in and have my express pass.  It indicates I will need to do the health and wellness questionnaire 2 days pre cruise.  

Are you looking at Check In on the app?  

I’m sure you will still have to show the original at boarding but I’m hoping it will make it easier/faster at boarding. Maybe someone will look and confirm all details in advance and pre-approve, so at boarding they just confirm the original is the same as what was uploaded? In August it took some time as she had to input type of vaccine, date of vaccine and that your second was at least 14 days before that day. 

4 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

Agreed, it is weird that it goes away like that, maybe that is a privacy issue and they don't want it saved in the app check in.

Same here, I have the "Vaccination circle" check mark but the image and inputs are gone.  It's disconcerting because I'm type A and like to check and doublecheck everything.  

• Like 1

I will be getting a booster this coming week so my uploaded image will no longer be complete. Fortunately, the app appears to allow you to go in again and submit a new image. 

Anyone losing their original card before boarding should submit a new image of the replacement, too.

The minions at the terminal, and other people in line, will appreciate not having delays caused by unmatching vax proof!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

As of today,  for me, in the app, in Check in, an option appeared to add in your vaccination and upload a picture of your proof of vaccination. 

Will the app allow you to upload two pictures? With Ontario's full page PDF for each vaccination, the only way to squeeze both into a single photo would be to shrink each by 50% and print together on a single page.

10 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I will be getting a booster this coming week so my uploaded image will no longer be complete. Fortunately, the app appears to allow you to go in again and submit a new image. 

Anyone losing their original card before boarding should submit a new image of the replacement, too.

The minions at the terminal, and other people in line, will appreciate not having delays caused by unmatching vax proof!

Interesting development.  Well as far as I know they are not asking yet for evidence of boosters.  They are looking for "fully vaccinated" evidence.  If you only show a booster it might come across as 1 dose and not "fully vaccinated".  So be careful until the rules and documentation catch up I think.  Always best to bring your evidence with you to the port no matter what. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Will the app allow you to upload two pictures? With Ontario's full page PDF for each vaccination, the only way to squeeze both into a single photo would be to shrink each by 50% and print together on a single page.

You can upload photos of the front and back.  I suppose you could upload one page as "front" and the other as "back" since you are just printing them out.  Can't hurt to try, as long as you still have the copies with you.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Interesting development.  Well as far as I know they are not asking yet for evidence of boosters.  They are looking for "fully vaccinated" evidence.  If you only show a booster it might come across as 1 dose and not "fully vaccinated".  So be careful until the rules and documentation catch up I think.  Always best to bring your evidence with you to the port no matter what. 

Good point. Hadn't thought of that possibility. I assumed the booster would be added to my original card because that was why they said not to get it laminated. I was a little surprised that CVS did not say to bring my original card. Maybe I will eventually get new proof from CVS of all 3 and use that. But, yes, I always bring everything--people think of me as a walking file cabinet!

I will post on Wednesday how the app works with the booster documentation.

2 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Good point. Hadn't thought of that possibility. I assumed the booster would be added to my original card because that was why they said not to get it laminated. I was a little surprised that CVS did not say to bring my original card. Maybe I will eventually get new proof from CVS of all 3 and use that. But, yes, I always bring everything--people think of me as a walking file cabinet!

I will post on Wednesday how the app works with the booster documentation.

My original CDC card has a sticker on each side for first and second doses.  Not sure where they could add evidence of a booster dose to my original card.  So I think most booster doses are on a new card?

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

My original CDC card has a sticker on each side for first and second doses.  Not sure where they could add evidence of a booster dose to my original card.  So I think most booster doses are on a new card?

My card has both stickers on the front. There is an "Other" section at the bottom that looks like it allows a 3rd dose to be noted. I was told that it was for a booster if needed.

But it sure is a flimsy, messy way to document something so important. 

Edited by mayleeman

Just now, mayleeman said:

There is an "Other" section at the bottom that looks like it allows a 3rd dose to be noted. I was told that it was for a booster if needed.

Yes I see "other" on there.  But the large stickers that my pharmacy used on each side to document my doses take up all the space!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes I see "other" on there.  But the large stickers that my pharmacy used on each side to document my doses take up all the space!

Many states have set up their state immunization registry such that you can print an official record of your Covid vaccine series.

I am in KY and accidentally washed my original card and it was destroyed. I was able to print off one from our registry.

Here is the link to PA's site.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Reporting-Registries/PA-SIIS/Pages/PA-SIIS.aspx

Robin

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

It is clear you still need to bring your original with you.   I'm wonder if they will have someone look at this in advance

Our NHS evidence was scanned in Southampton at embarkation. 
I assume our Booster information will be added to the NHS app.

Very please that our Booster will be another Pfizer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

You've just summed up my opinion of the US vaccination card in the first place. This is like a passbook account at the bank.  You don't have a passbook/card?  You don't have an account/vaccination.

While I actually can log in to my pharmacy account and print out a record with a QR code, it doesn't seem that anyone accepts that.  They want this card.

• Like 1