Live and Happy from Eurodam October 6 to 30

Vict0riann

7 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

On our Canada New England cruise on the Eurodam years ago we had our one sea day that was wild.   Hubby and most people stayed in their cabins as the seas were high and rough.  I had a pedicure  booked and kept the appointment!  The technician was going to close the curtain but I said no, love looking at the seas rough or not.  

And yes, hubby has sailed since but I don’t want to push it, lol!  

I see there is a trend here…saving the wine & glasses 😂😂

LOL - yes wine and glasses are a must 😉 

Your story sounds similar to mine.  DH was laying on the bed in the cabin and I was bopping around 😉. LOL.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Yes, definitely, oh, my!  The Captain didn’t turn up for Ask the Captain, instead they started showing a movie, so we came away.  We are going to stay in our room for a while and hope to hear more.  

we had a nice lunch, finally got my calamari fritti, plus a lobster roll, and then Pat and I shared a cheesecake.  Sorry, I ate the calamari before I thought of taking a picture.

A313BA81-C2D4-437F-B597-8FD89B50676F.thumb.jpeg.afa3adc6b7d88a054043b21cff37d17d.jpeg

F69EAE8A-F513-4102-9E50-850C15C1A3F6.thumb.jpeg.1916896aef6a654525f21ec5bf736f17.jpeg

The sea is very strange, I don’t know if my picture will show it, but the wind is whipping the tops off the waves, with an unusual effect.

9D3506BA-09A9-4756-9504-9A10C16B3021.thumb.jpeg.78251f24a774b9b682dfd429ef90fd5c.jpeg

Yikes!  Hope seas calm down for you soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Still rocking this evening, but we had a nice dinner in the Tamarind.  Pictures to follow tomorrow.

Glad your sea legs were good enough to enjoy the Tamarind Dinner 👍 

Hope the seas smooth out for you 🤞 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

The officer of the watch came on about 15 minutes ago, and said we are experiencing 65 knot winds, no one should go out on deck, doors to the outside deck are being closed.  Then just now Captain Smit came on and said everyone should stay where they are and not move.  We are getting a lot of spray on our deck 7 verandah, and the ship is swaying from side to side.  

Sounds WOW!!!  I remember one cruise in the Caribbean when they lightning and thunder and wind and rain was bad, like that.  They locked all outside doors -- but I had an Ocean View Window cabin and I wanted to be out there and feel the spray and wind.  I tried all the doors and found one open.  

About three minutes after I went out, I heard, "Ma'am, Ma'am -- COME INSIDE!"  Once I returned, I was lectured that the doors were locked for a reason.  "But, I found this one, un locked..."  "Well, I will fix that!"

I LOVE rough seas and motion to the ocean!  And the feel of the spray in my face!!!

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Sounds WOW!!!  I remember one cruise in the Caribbean when they lightning and thunder and wind and rain was bad, like that.  They locked all outside doors -- but I had an Ocean View Window cabin and I wanted to be out there and feel the spray and wind.  I tried all the doors and found one open.  

About three minutes after I went out, I heard, "Ma'am, Ma'am -- COME INSIDE!"  Once I returned, I was lectured that the doors were locked for a reason.  "But, I found this one, un locked..."  "Well, I will fix that!"

I LOVE rough seas and motion to the ocean!  And the feel of the spray in my face!!!

Lambie, I think there must have been some passengers just like you on our ship!  Captain came on a couple of times telling people to come inside.  

The poor room stewards are busy today cleaning salt off balconies and doors.  Even the roof of the Lido pool is spattered with spray.  Maybe they can hose the ship off today in Naples.  Naples looks just the same from a distance, except maybe less traffic.  The building site in front of the cruise port looks the same, I imagine they found an archaeological ruin and had to stop work.611F0889-F59F-4333-B6EF-03DA1C3A5477.thumb.jpeg.60600737e72c14d42ef203759ca27f2f.jpeg

F18621B2-0628-4ABA-BB5B-81F6CA1066C3.thumb.jpeg.414a0a9715cc07be47193898910a383b.jpeg

Tony’s aft verandah must have a great view of Naples.  Although it’s overcast, Vesuvius looks very close.  And we can see it’s pouring over the peninsula where there are tours to Sorrento and Capri.  I’m happy to stay on the ship today.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Lost my previous post, and now CC made me log in again.  We’ll see what happens this time.

We had another excellent dinner in the Tamarind last night.  I tried some dishes I hadn’t had before,  the 5 spice baby back ribs (really good, but the strange white dots, “rice pearls”, don’t add anything…), then the Szechuan shrimp, classified mild, but still too spicy for me,  and the mango posset.  I’ll try again to upload photos, I couldn’t do it earlier.74BB1E28-2904-49C7-AAD7-FE6AC8B62BE9.thumb.jpeg.454c914a8eba1aee53e0c429aa5d70da.jpeg

CB2DF83D-FFCD-409C-A2F1-F25032A38096.thumb.jpeg.028b72294890a14f412291929a55644e.jpeg

7E11D85C-9B51-4E98-B712-45556E21E8B6.thumb.jpeg.511d3784e5da288157f8f7dcf38055f8.jpeg

and a treat for the four of us from Pika:

C57FD769-2142-4916-8E2A-55251389CE24.thumb.jpeg.5271d836da4ffa3572d9f9426153a501.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Ann, did the tours go ahead as planned?  Was everyone tested again before going ashore? 

What news on Karlijn, (CD)?

Tours went off the ship today, no news of the CD, except that “we heard” that someone she worked with had tested positive (antigen test usually) and I guess they are waiting for the results of a PCR test.  I believe it is fairly common to have a false positive with an antigen test.  I know when we were tested in Victoria we were told that it might come back positive, and then a PCR test would be necessary to disprove it.  We’ll know in a couple of days, I would imagine, and I’ll let you know when we hear her voice again!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Does the menu in Tamarind typically change daily?  I had figured that, as a "pay" restaurant, it would have a set menu.  I had thought about pre-booking before I sail (in 3 weeks 😁 ), but now I'm thinking I should wait until I'm on board and see if I can have a look at each night's offerings as well as the menu for the MDR.  Also wondering whether I'll have any trouble booking on the day of, rather than ahead of time.

• Like 2

Just now, NCTribeFan said:

Does the menu in Tamarind typically change daily?  I had figured that, as a "pay" restaurant, it would have a set menu.  I had thought about pre-booking before I sail (in 3 weeks 😁 ), but now I'm thinking I should wait until I'm on board and see if I can have a look at each night's offerings as well as the menu for the MDR.  Also wondering whether I'll have any trouble booking on the day of, rather than ahead of time.

The Tamarind menu is always the same, also Nami Sushi, but you can add items from Nami to your Tamarind dinner.  There’s lots to choose from.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Someone else just reported on Facebook that all shore excursions in Italian ports must be HAL sponsored excursions ???  Anybody else hear this or have more details? 

Italy requires it.  Not HAL.  On our 24-day segment, Italy was the only country requiring ship excursions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Someone else just reported on Facebook that all shore excursions in Italian ports must be HAL sponsored excursions ???  Anybody else hear this or have more details? 

Absolutely no one allowed ashore except on a HAL shore excursion.  We had hoped things were going to change for Livorno, but evidently no such luck.  We are assured it is an Italian regulation, not HAL’s decision.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

With all the have it it all booking I'm not sure if I'd wait until you get on board.  It might be a problem, it might not.  I hate to prebook things because I'm subject to a currency exchange.  Usually what I do is book a couple ahead and fill it out when I get on board.  Take that info for what it's worth.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Good point, Florida_gal.  I did pre-book Sel de Mer.  I think I'll go ahead and book Tamarind for early on in the sailing so I give myself a chance to book another night, if anything is available.

I think that’s a good tactic.  At least if nothing else fails you’ll have a couple things in the bag.  That’s the way I look at it anyway.  Also lower capacity might work in our favour too.

• Like 1

Ann,

Enjoying this wonderful LIVE review/blog.  Loved the food tour you did in Zadar, Croatia and would like to know the name of the tour company/tour for future reference.  Glad you are having a fantastic time.

Thanks,

Barb S.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rooanna said:

Ann,

Enjoying this wonderful LIVE review/blog.  Loved the food tour you did in Zadar, Croatia and would like to know the name of the tour company/tour for future reference.  Glad you are having a fantastic time.

Thanks,

Barb S.  

I will ask Tony, who organized the tour, to pass on the information.

• Like 3