Live and Happy from Eurodam October 6 to 30

Vict0riann

There are still a few days to go before we leave for Venice, but I'm hoping others from our roll calls will join in with their experiences during these Covid times.  We are excited thinking about our adventure to come, also nervous - we definitely want to stay healthy, and that really is the main concern - I know the cruise is going to be great.  The itinerary is one we've done before, only a couple of new ports, but that really means we can be more relaxed about our ventures ashore, and if we have any doubts, we'll just stay on board.

6A2F0AAF-7803-43FA-B215-AE28790E0079.thumb.jpeg.845b371f45e16a1f0d54a1db8b825a2e.jpeg.97c271e3c96d4a019185d0f05ccca095.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Yes, @SusieKIslandGirl,  that was unfortunate.  We were originally booked from October 18 (Venice) right through to Fort Lauderdale on November 14, but HAL cancelled that cruise for us when non-Americans were not allowed into the country without a 14-day quarantine.   Our new PCC has been just wonderful, I can't say enough about how she has helped us transfer all of the amounts we had paid out originally over to this cruise and arranged our new flights, etc.   We were feeling a bit neglected, first our old PCC retired without a word to us, then the cruise cancelled (I think our 7th cruise cancelled), but all is well now, and HAL owes us some money left over from the transfer.  

• Like 13

Martha and I are really happy to join you and Pat @VictOriann ! We are looking forward to see you again on the Eurodam , sharing some meals and a few tours together and on being back at sea after so many months of being away from this wonderful escape of our daily lives ! 

Sea You Soon ! 

Martha and Tony 😍

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

YAY 🙂. So glad to see a LIVE from Europe 🙂 

You were very creative tuning your cancelled cruise into a a new itinerary 🙂 

Looking forward to all of your posts when you have time to do any and hope you and Pat have a absolutely fabulous time.  Bon Voyage 🚢 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Will be in Victoria soon and will think of you!  So glad you have been able to do this cruise, if only abbreviated. Reading your posts will be such a pleasure.  We wish you the most marvelous time!

Photo shows you are ready for anything! Now, if you had a small Canadian flag pin for that ensemble.................... Bon Voyage!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Photo shows you are ready for anything! Now, if you had a small Canadian flag pin for that ensemble.................... Bon Voyage!

Or a decal?  😃

Just found this on my Navigator, I’m wondering if it is replacing the Cellar Master’s Dinner.  Looks rather interesting, we will find out more when we get on board.  

4C2C54DA-5273-4582-8D5D-3C3868B1C157.thumb.png.d988c81a34f5edbee8e3b2e67adc26b7.png

06D620A2-4B95-462C-8AEB-FD76C745D5A9.thumb.png.de15fd897877b639b518a1ae413d88b6.png

(Test with iPad).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Or a decal?  😃

Just found this on my Navigator, I’m wondering if it is replacing the Cellar Master’s Dinner.  Looks rather interesting, we will find out more when we get on board.  

4C2C54DA-5273-4582-8D5D-3C3868B1C157.thumb.png.d988c81a34f5edbee8e3b2e67adc26b7.png

06D620A2-4B95-462C-8AEB-FD76C745D5A9.thumb.png.de15fd897877b639b518a1ae413d88b6.png

(Test with iPad).

And your test worked great. 🙂 

I saw that when I was checking dining on my cruises.  Not sure what to make of it. It looks interesting but…. Hoping the Cellar Master dinner is still around 🤞 I just KNOW you will keep us informed 😉 

If you go, please report on how it is.  

• Like 4

We will be onboard for the first 12 days of this cruise (October 6 - 18) and looking forward to it.

We will be leaving home around 12 noon CET on Monday 4th and driving to Dublin for our 2h 40min flight to Venice Treviso.  

Great idea to have a communal thread!

Screenshot_20211001-190636_Navigator.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

We will be onboard for the first 12 days of this cruise (October 6 - 18) and looking forward to it.

We will be leaving home around 12 noon CET on Monday 4th and driving to Dublin for our 2h 40min flight to Venice Treviso.  

Great idea to have a communal thread!

Screenshot_20211001-190636_Navigator.jpg

We're looking forward to meeting you.  Do you have to test before you fly, or are you alright with just vaccination certificates as you are in the EU?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We're looking forward to meeting you.  Do you have to test before you fly, or are you alright with just vaccination certificates as you are in the EU?

No test required for travel either direction, just the Passenger Locator Forms for Italy and for Ireland for our return and our digital vax certs, which are already uploaded to the airline website and form part of our boarding passes.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Or a decal?  😃

(Test with iPad).

I saw on Seth's FB page that this is limited so I would jump on it fast if you want to do attend.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I saw on Seth's FB page that this is limited so I would jump on it fast if you want to do attend.

It's for sale on our TA on 10/20 and the price is $142 per person...same menu but there was a reference that the menu may be updated.....Go enjoy.....(we will be fine in the MDR at that price)

• Like 8

Bon Voyage!  We were looking forward to meeting you and the others who would have been on the trans-Atlantic portion (we were going to be boarding in Barcelona), but you know what happened for us Canadians . . .   I'll just be excited for you, and keep watching my Navigator app which has yet to be updated, (it's thinking I'll still be heading to BCN in 23 days).  LOL  

Have a wonderful cruise, and enjoy it especially for those of us who couldn't join you.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

It's for sale on our TA on 10/20 and the price is $142 per person...same menu but there was a reference that the menu may be updated.....Go enjoy.....(we will be fine in the MDR at that price)

At $142 I would expect bottomless wine bottles!   A couple of times we had people at our table who didn’t drink, and they split up the price, and applied the loyalty discount for the food portion.  That was on Prinsendam , though, and that was a special ship.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Wow - that’s nearly double the Cellar Master dinner which were always good when we went.

• Like 1