Priority boarding

mimi217

We booked a cruise for Oct. 24th and was given a 3:00pm check in time. We are Crown and Anchor Diamond  and I'm wondering if we qualify for priority check in. If we are, do I just call for a new time? 

It is my understanding that with the exception of suite guest, who can check in up to an hour ahead of their scheduled time, priority boarding is not being used during COVID.  All boarding is done based on the check-in time you selected. 

I hear that some people have managed to get earlier times by constantly checking via the RCL App. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mimi217 said:

We booked a cruise for Oct. 24th and was given a 3:00pm check in time. We are Crown and Anchor Diamond  and I'm wondering if we qualify for priority check in. If we are, do I just call for a new time? 

No priority boarding for Diamond

We had a suite and should have been in the suite check in line. Rude woman at the terminal said nope that line is full and we have to go into the long zig zagging line.

A couple in front of us said they had the Genie and she said well it's too late. She said you should have called him before entering the terminal. The couple flagged down another worker and told her about the Genie and she took them out of the line and immediately got of hold of the Genie for them. 

As far as your check in time. No one looked at anything until your at the counter and I'm sure it probably didn't matter what time your boarding time was.

1 hour ago, mimi217 said:

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

It is my understanding that with the exception of suite guest, who can check in up to an hour ahead of their scheduled time, priority boarding is not being used during COVID.  All boarding is done based on the check-in time you selected. 

I hear that some people have managed to get earlier times by constantly checking via the RCL App. 

Yes, just keep checking the app.

3 hours ago, defiant said:

We had a suite and should have been in the suite check in line. Rude woman at the terminal said nope that line is full and we have to go into the long zig zagging line.

What port was this?  I don't even ask, I go to the Suite line and stay there. 

When something like this happens, I look for a Royal Caribbean employee and not one of temporary people scattered around the terminal.   

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

You don't need the App to check for an earlier boarding time.  You can also do it via the website Cruise Planner check-in process:

From the Cruise Planner, click to edit your check-in:

01.png.747bafe1695234a0b2c69a3926aafd9f.png

Then go to the little "pen" icon:

02.png.52de668ecc7b1be6cd98adf5f3fe4637.png

Then click on the Arrival link:

03.thumb.png.134efa6b348c624fd5f5dd39e5f17c7e.png

Then click "Select a different time":

04.thumb.png.a34eb86b6ba27e8137824bc219a0f3a4.png

If there are no better times to select, just close out of the website -- all your existing information is saved.

It took a few weeks for my cruises to offer earlier arrival times, so just check back every couple days.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

You don't need the App to check for an earlier boarding time.  You can also do it via the website Cruise Planner check-in process:

From the Cruise Planner, click to edit your check-in:

01.png.747bafe1695234a0b2c69a3926aafd9f.png

Then go to the little "pen" icon:

02.png.52de668ecc7b1be6cd98adf5f3fe4637.png

Then click on the Arrival link:

03.thumb.png.134efa6b348c624fd5f5dd39e5f17c7e.png

Then click "Select a different time":

04.thumb.png.a34eb86b6ba27e8137824bc219a0f3a4.png

If there are no better times to select, just close out of the website -- all your existing information is saved.

It took a few weeks for my cruises to offer earlier arrival times, so just check back every couple days.  

How far in advance can you check in?

You can always show up at the terminal early and hope they aren’t enforcing check-in times.  We have been on two RCI cruises recently. On one no one ever asked anyone to show their check-in time while on the other one, they strictly enforced the check-in times. More than a few people were not happy about it during the short time we were in line outside. I don’t understand why people get upset when RCI clearly states on multiple locations to show-up during your check-in window.  I think the number of passengers determines how strictly they enforce the check-in times. On the cruise they didn’t enforce check-in times there was less than 1000 passengers on the ship. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

Just off a cruise on the Symphony out of Port Miami

For what ever reason when check-in times first became available the earliest time was 1:00. We are Diamond+ and got a 1:30 check-in time. A few weeks before our cruise one of our cruise critic members posted that they were able to change there check-in time to 12:00. I immediately went to edit my check-in-time and was able to get a 12:00 check-in,

We had somewhere between 1,800 to 2,000 passengers on this cruise. When we got to the pier there was already a long line. Suit guest had separate check-in area with a short line and it appeared they were letting them in the building. . Our check-ln time was 12:00 to 12:30. Port personnel continued to check our line to make sure only 12:00 to 12:30 passengers were in the line. They created a different line for the 12:30 to 1:00. They started letting us into the building a few at a time at 11:45. While outside in line lots of people were unmasked. Inside the building everyone wore a mask.

We were on the Oasis last week.  Our hotel shuttle offered us a choice of times for departure.  Unfortunately the choices were all 10am.  We were at the port ~10:20 and our boarding time was 12:30-1pm.  We assumed we would need to wait.  When they first called for boarding ~11am, they called for Pins and suite guests.  Being in a jr suite, we went up and asked if that included Jr suites.  They did not know & asked someone else who said no.  5 minutes later, they included Jr suites also.  We were onboard at ~11:30am (1 hr before our boarding window started.)  

On 10/3/2021 at 3:54 PM, mimi217 said:

In the last two months I took 3 cruises. At the Seattle and at the Galveston Terminal they had various lines for the allotted times.  At both ports they were doing the 2:30 people by 1:00 as the lines move fast.  However, that will probably slow down some as RCI  takes on more passengers each cruise.  My 3 cruises have been less than 40% fill.

DDawg