Not looking to ruffle feather , just a question

Hey all my wife and I are diamond , and are entitled to the free drinks that come along with it . With that said we always get the drink package , it pays off for me , I love day drinking LOL . My wife not so much , wonder if it unethical for me to give my wife my diamond drinks and she would of course have hers that she’s get , and just get her the refreshment package 

I’m asking here , cause I don’t condone sharing the actual drink package , never have never will , so don’t think I’m trying to skirt around the rule of the drink package .

discuss ……

Edited by Funbobby68
  • Like 1

• Funbobby68 changed the title to Not looking to ruffle feather , just a question

I don't see anything unethical about this since you are both diamond and both entitled to the few drinks they offer. You are paying for two other packages and I'm sure it's being done without question. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

It's nothing you have to hide. I "bought" drinks for a travel companion with my vouchers every day. They are use as you please. In this case your wife is gifting you drinks. Enjoy!

I realize I read your post wrong, but the same applies.

Intended or not, my feathers are ruffled. Being Diamond isn’t just about getting free stuff, it’s about being a representative for all passengers to look up to and admire. Parents should be able to point you out to their children and say, someday if you live right and work hard, you might get to be Diamond like that couple. While you may get away with what you propose, is it really within the spirit of the rules? Is it really how RCI’s best and brightest customers should act?

Actually, on second thought, that’s silly. Never mind me. Share your coupons and happy cruising 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 21

42 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Intended or not, my feathers are ruffled. Being Diamond isn’t just about getting free stuff, it’s about being a representative for all passengers to look up to and admire. Parents should be able to point you out to their children and say, someday if you live right and work hard, you might get to be Diamond like that couple. While you may get away with what you propose, is it really within the spirit of the rules? Is it really how RCI’s best and brightest customers should act?

Actually, on second thought, that’s silly. Never mind me. Share your coupons and happy cruising 🙂

Thanks for the chuckle , funny I point out to my wife all the pinnacle passengers I see , and say one day if we work hard …….

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Personal ethics are a personal issue - Different people are ethical about some things and not others.

My vies is RCI are a multi-billion pound industry that wants to squeeze every penny out of me as they can, and good luck to them. They provide a holiday I enjoy.

So, personally, I don't see an issue with grabbing a drink costing the cruise line a few cents.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, otherme said:

ruffled, no. thankful ,yes. i learned that i dont have to purchase the drink package for my wife who doesnt drink. win.

You will have to purchase the refreshment package for her. You cant have one deluxe only and nothing for her 

20 hours ago, Funbobby68 said:

Hey all my wife and I are diamond , and are entitled to the free drinks that come along with it . With that said we always get the drink package , it pays off for me , I love day drinking LOL . My wife not so much , wonder if it unethical for me to give my wife my diamond drinks and she would of course have hers that she’s get , and just get her the refreshment package 

I’m asking here , cause I don’t condone sharing the actual drink package , never have never will , so don’t think I’m trying to skirt around the rule of the drink package .

discuss ……

the vouchers can be shared with anyone so you are fine to do that.

This has a lot of appeal to me for our December cruise. However, since the drinks are now on the Sea Pass and not a voucher, how does the bartender know my husband is using a Diamond drink for me, and not sharing his package?

1 minute ago, lhsail said:

This has a lot of appeal to me for our December cruise. However, since the drinks are now on the Sea Pass and not a voucher, how does the bartender know my husband is using a Diamond drink for me, and not sharing his package?

He tells him  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 9:14 PM, Jasukkie said:

It's nothing you have to hide. I "bought" drinks for a travel companion with my vouchers every day. They are use as you please. In this case your wife is gifting you drinks. Enjoy!

I haven’t seen anything about using the vouchers in restaurants and MDR. 
Do they have to be used in bars? (Or pool deck, etc) 

On 10/6/2021 at 12:49 PM, otherme said:

ruffled, no. thankful ,yes. i learned that i dont have to purchase the drink package for my wife who doesnt drink. win.

21 hours ago, BekkaW said:

You will have to purchase the refreshment package for her. You cant have one deluxe only and nothing for her 

Not necessarily... if the wife won't use her vouchers even for non-alcoholic drinks, then @otherme can use wife's vouchers plus his own and not have to buy a drink package for anyone.

Just now, jagsfan said:

I haven’t seen anything about using the vouchers in restaurants and MDR. 
Do they have to be used in bars? (Or pool deck, etc) 

Can be used anywhere, including private island.  (Just not the Starbucks branded kiosk.)