Saint Greg's Panorama - LIVE - October 23-30 2021

Saint Greg

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think I have titanium in my mouth now. I wonder if I’m going to be setting off metal detectors in the airport and cruise port now. I already get all of the random searches as it is. I don’t need anymore heat on me.

For some reason my knee set off an alarm last time I flew. And, no, there was no reason for it. 

But now I’m thinking that my right knee may need replaced in the future 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, mommio said:

For some reason my knee set off an alarm last time I flew. And, no, there was no reason for it. 

My mom has had both knees replaced and my step father just had one last month. It’s something I hope I never have to go through. Knee and back problems don’t look fun.

• Like 2

Following Greg!  Glad you dealt with dental stuff before hand...I would rather have surgery than go to the dentist!!!  And...thanks for doing this live from...even if it blows up my email account....lol...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

@Saint Greg Get onboard already, will ya? I need this cruise! Sid's last week helped but I need to get into cruise mode!

Happy to float along with ya!

Today is almost halfway over. Weekdays go by fast. I’m leaving on Saturday so it’s like two days really. Like a cup of coffee. It’ll go by like that.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm going to be parking at the parking spot again...but this time I'll be at the DFW North lot. Last time I was at the South lot. They have some kind of October special happening and it's only 25 cents/day more to park in the North lot. Last time it would've been like $5/day more. I guess I'm starting to accumulate points with them. My account says I have enough points for a free day. I'll probably save those for a time when they don't have a sale going on. That's not bad though. I only parked there for Mardi Gras...and I parked at the one in Houston when I went on that short Cozumel trip in May.

Yay another live review!

Glad the dental work is over for ya-years of braces made me not like having people mess with my mouth at all.

Parking spot must be running some kind of sale-using the one in STL in Jan when we fly out for our Panorama cruise. Tried to get reasonable flights from our town but $1000 for the 3 of us vs $375 for 3 of us (reward miles + SWA sale) made paying for parking an easy sell-and I am doing covered parking so we won't have to deal with possible ice scraping of window when we get back. Plus have never had an issue with shuttles (unlike hotel shuttles)

Hope this week goes fast for you!!

• Like 2

I woke up with some swelling this morning. I had some yesterday but this was more. So I’m not going to do the pizza thing today. I’m going to make loaded mashed potatoes. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

Looking forward to this review!. My wife and I were also on the Panorama 2/29/20 when we got held over an extra day.  We are booked in Feb 2022. Love the Panorama and its an easy drive from Phoenix! Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I woke up with some swelling this morning. I had some yesterday but this was more. So I’m not going to do the pizza thing today. I’m going to make loaded mashed potatoes. 

Do NOT tempt the fates with this thing. Yes to the soft spuds!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, mommio said:

I've had 4 knee surgeries due to Ruptured Patella Tendons' playing sports. Sometimes I set off the detector, sometimes I don't! Just had the 4th surgery on April 1st., so I'm still not 100%, but that's not going to stop me from our cruise next week!!!!

• Like 3

Following along again!  Having both you and Jeff and Patti on the same cruise should be lots of fun!

16 hours ago, mommio said:

At Logan in Boston, my crotch area set off the detector - no idea why, but I got the full pat-down.  On my return flight, at Newark, it was my shoulder/neck area.  Huh?

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Following along again!  Having both you and Jeff and Patti on the same cruise should be lots of fun!

At Logan in Boston, my crotch area set off the detector - no idea why, but I got the full pat-down.  On my return flight, at Newark, it was my shoulder/neck area.  Huh?

What do you have in there lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

6 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Do NOT tempt the fates with this thing. Yes to the soft spuds!

And NO to bacon bits!  Feel better!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Try to avoid chewing on the affected side of your mouth.  I still try to be careful and its been two months since my dental work was done.  Good luck and looking forward to your review!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Now that is INTERESTING.....sorry I couldn't resist!

At least it was a woman TSA officer, and the interesting part was that she had to run her hands inside my waistband.

13 hours ago, blarko said:

What do you have in there lol

Only thing I can think of is some sort of mesh or something from a hernia operation I had many years ago.  But I've never triggered one of these machines before.

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Recently went through similar dental work. Front tooth cracked root needed bridge or implant. Went with the bridge due to shorter healing time. Just a word or caution. My temporary would pop off and I would need to return to dentist to have reattached. Since you are going to be out of touch with your dentist, I would recommend asking him for adhesive you can use (my dentist offered me that after the second time) or at least go to a drug store and pick up a dental kit.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 1:11 PM, Saint Greg said:

Booking

I had a FCC (Future Cruise Credit) from Carnival that had $600 OBC (On Board Credit) attached to it. I believe the booking had to be made by the end of September for a cruise by the end of next year. Otherwise the FCC would still be good but I would lose the OBC.

Saint Greg

my DM and I were in the same situation as I am sure many others were as well. Excited for our first cruise post COVId after all the cancellations and rebooking. I like ok forward to your updates as always. For those that are new, Saint Greg is my John Heald (Go to for all things Carnival). If by any chance you could let us know if they still have food available in the morning adjacent to check in, that would be great. We are sailing in November and flying in day of. Thanks for all you do Saint Greg and happy sailing

• Like 1