The Daily for Sunday October 17, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Blessed Sunday morning. Thank you Rich for our Daily. Thank you Roy for the prayer and celebration lists. Prayers out to @JAM37.

Pasta day: just had it last night and it turned out great. I like mojitos and the wine sounds good too. Top it off with a great recipe from Debbie on the pork.

image.png.ef13702537af026ac45bb27895c432b1.png

I was given a birthday brunch yesterday at our neighbors. There were about 30 people and enough food for the whole neighborhood. A beautiful fall morning it was too. I'll be 67 tomorrow. (Where does time go... ) Going to my favorite restaurant for dinner with friends. 

It's 44 degrees out now, too cool to sit on the patio. A few cooler days, then back to mid 80's. Sat at the firepit with friends last night and listened to some Celtic music from our visit to Ireland a few years back.

Hoping tomorrow someone gets back to our renovation. I'd sure like to get our home back in order.

Wishing y'all a fine day. Blessings, Cheers and Prayers.

23965.jpeg

1016211032_HDR.jpg

1016211303.jpg

Happy belated birthday.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of weather, we woke up to 45F this morning after yesterday morning's 65F!  That cold front really came through yesterday with gusty winds making the leaves fly off the trees.  Watch out @cat shepard !  If the cold front gets down where you are you will have plenty of ice cold water coming out your tap.  (hope it doesn't though).

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all!

Looks to be a lovely day here. Our food pantry, Feed My People, is having their annual fundraiser-The Manna March-so I’ve been keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.

I am not into gaudy, although I did wear a pair of dachshund socks yesterday, does that count? No ex to forgive. Confess that although my dad was a golfer, I somehow missed the term “mulligan” until I played trivia?? I grew up on red sauce pasta (meh), never understood the attraction, until I had Fettucine Alfredo; at last I found pasta heaven. Of course things like spaghetti carbonara have wayyy more calories and tomato based sauces are healthier, but that’s probably why I love the cream sauces 😉.

I wonder if P.J. O’Rourke has ever had a desire to take a hammer to his PC?

The food and drink are winners today!  I have not been to Ireland, I am expecting some beautiful pictures.

Continued prayers for all on our concern list 🙏. I have talked with my friend Steve’s wife and she has offered to be my mentor as I progress with ALS. Still no word on my liver transplant friend 😢.  And raising a glass for all the celebrations 🍷. I had a celebration yesterday.  I attended our church women’s district meeting where I was honored as “Mission Woman of the Year”. I was so touched to receive this award. I have done mission work for many years (11 mission trips including 4 to Mexico, two to Appalachia, 3 to work in a disaster relief warehouse in Louisiana, one to Joplin after their tornado, one to Crisfield Maryland after Hurricane Sandy).  Along with serving on the Board at Feed My People food pantry, I’ve been more of a hands on person. Now I need to find a different outlet for mission, one I can do from a wheelchair and maybe on my computer (providing I haven’t fought and killed it 😂).

Take care all, and have a beautiful Sunday,

St Louis Sal

Congratulations on your deserved honour of 

Mission Woman of the year.

Graham.

• Like 10

Good morning all. @rafinmd would you consider putting Las Palma in Canary Islands on the care list? The devastation from the volcano eruption is heartbreaking. We stopped there on our TA to Lisbon on the

Prisendam on one of its last sailings and it was a great port. Thanks 

• Like 17

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Happy Sunday!  Thank you @richwmnfor this special Daily and thanks also to @rafinmdfor the list of those needing prayers.  I'm sad to hear @JAM37's family is in need of help due to Covid.  Please be careful and keep yourselves safe, too.  Nice photos of your neighborhood birthday celebration for you Joy @Seasick Sailor!  You have made a big impression on your neighbors in just a short time as evidenced by the huge turnout for you.  Not a surprise!

It was good to see Nieuw Amsterdam making her way through the lock this morning.  Always exciting!  Yesterday I was watching some videos on TV and saw a person being air evacuated by the Italian Coast Guard off a ship.  The Eurodam!  The view from the helicopter of that blue hulled bow gently gliding through the sea from above was a thing of beauty.  I was so happy to see a ship I hit replay and watched again!  

@grapau27what a feast!  You two look great as usual.  You only live once so good to see you enjoying life so much.  We all need to remember that.

@St. Louis Salcongrats on your honor.  You sound like you've had a life of service to others and for that we commend you.  🎉

Love pasta day!  No ex to forgive unless I include ex-boyfriends.  I had one who needed forgiveness constantly.  Good thing I got rid of him or what a sad life I'd have had.  😵  I tend not to dress gaudy, more basic colors and solids.  Mulligan day?  That means a do over, right?  Not just in golf.  I can agree with that.  Today's menu item sounds delish.  Honestly the best pork tenderloin I ever ate was on Disney Dream in 2013.  Outstanding!  So moist as well.  It had to be good if I can remember when and where I ate it.

We visited Cobh in 2015 on Royal Princess.  Not only did we enjoy seeing Cobh, which is a lovely town, we also went to Blarney Castle and had a great time there as well.  My best remembrance of Cobh is a purchase I made there.  A sterling silver Celtic knot pendant and neck chain.  The finish on the pendant was so smooth and well done.  I love wearing it.  I see some fab photos of Cobh already so if I can find something different to post, I'll do it.  Otherwise, well done @rafinmdand @kazu!

Thank you Sandi for your kind words.

The restaurant has only been open for a few weeks and the food was delicious and the service was exceptional and the servers were very friendly.

Graham

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

You are actually a day early, Graham. Tomorrow is Joy’s actual birthday. Consider this your trial run.

And as always, thank you for sharing Pauline & your pics!

Thank you.

10 days time on October 27th I will be 65.🤫😲

• Like 12

Good Morning from a very cloudy but warm day at the beach

Love that " Mulligans" have their own day! Could have used one yesterday when I played with my son and nephew. They dont cut me any slack!

I have been to Cobh a few times on land based trips. I love visiting Ireland. It is a beautiful country and the people are so warm and inviting.

Have not posted in a bit, although I have read the daily several times. We went up to Pennsylvania to see DH`S sister. She had a stroke a few years ago but is doing OK. It was a good trip seeing the kids who have grown so much in the 2 years since we last saw them.

Unfortunately on our ride home, I received a call from my sister and she has been diagnosed with aggressive lymphoma. She is doing chemo and tomorrow she is going to the Dana Farber Cancer center in Boston for another opinion.  We are all just holding our breath, praying for a good outcome.  So if anyone has any extra prayers, please send them to Boston.  I want to go up but she does not want me to. She says she would rather come here! We will see.

Stay safe and enjoy everyday.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Unfortunately on our ride home, I received a call from my sister and she has been diagnosed with aggressive lymphoma. She is doing chemo and tomorrow she is going to the Dana Farber Cancer center in Boston for another opinion.  We are all just holding our breath, praying for a good outcome.  So if anyone has any extra prayers, please send them to Boston. 

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this 😔. I hope Boston can give her with a better opinion 🤞 prayers are winging her way and yours 🙏🏻 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Love that " Mulligans" have their own day! Could have used one yesterday when I played with my son and nephew. They dont cut me any slack!

I have been to Cobh a few times on land based trips. I love visiting Ireland. It is a beautiful country and the people are so warm and inviting.

Have not posted in a bit, although I have read the daily several times. We went up to Pennsylvania to see DH`S sister. She had a stroke a few years ago but is doing OK. It was a good trip seeing the kids who have grown so much in the 2 years since we last saw them.

Unfortunately on our ride home, I received a call from my sister and she has been diagnosed with aggressive lymphoma. She is doing chemo and tomorrow she is going to the Dana Farber Cancer center in Boston for another opinion.  We are all just holding our breath, praying for a good outcome.  So if anyone has any extra prayers, please send them to Boston.  I want to go up but she does not want me to. She says she would rather come here! We will see.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.  Many prayers sent up for her!🙏  Having just lost my sister this summer I know how upsetting this can be to hear.  I hope she's able to come down for a visit soon, whole and healthy!

• Like 12

Good morning, Thanks all and Happy Sunday!  Graham, Always love the carvery lunch! 
@ger_77 agree about the pink pork!  I know they’ve changed the recommends but prefer it look cooked as well! 
I’m enjoying the photos of Cobh and Cork,  we’ve visited Ireland twice with two weeks in the south and two weeks in the North.   A beautiful country. 
We discovered a huge wasp nest

0AD5BFF5-D265-47D4-9A35-D6F30DB3BC02.jpeg

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

I'm really sorry to hear your desperately sad news about your sister cunnorl.

Sending you both our prayers 🙏 for a successful treatment,good recovery and future good health for your sister.

Graham.

• Like 12

Good morning.  What a great start to the day, reading through everybody's stories and pictures, putting almost any novel to shame.  I'm sipping my standard order from Starbucks: venti iced caramel macchiato.  It's so nice to have my taste back.  

Yesterday was errand day, so today will be a relaxing Sunday with just a little bit of laundry.  It's about 51 degrees and the next few days will be the last of dry weather, the rest of the week is supposed to be chilly and wet, but for the most part, we've been having a typical October.  

I got Dear Dad out to church yesterday, he'd been watching from home during the six weeks I was sick.  It was like a homecoming and it wasn't unpleasant, I think it's important for him to have a routine.  

Nothing new on the future cruise front.  It's so hard not to be able to look through a cruise planner and study itineraries and deck plans.  I know you can go onto numerous websites, but it's not the same for us.  

Well have a wonderful Sunday and sending my thoughts and prayers to everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning, Thanks all and Happy Sunday!  Graham, Always love the carvery lunch! 
@ger_77 agree about the pink pork!  I know they’ve changed the recommends but prefer it look cooked as well! 
I’m enjoying the photos of Cobh and Cork,  we’ve visited Ireland twice with two weeks in the south and two weeks in the North.   A beautiful country. 
We discovered a huge wasp nest

0AD5BFF5-D265-47D4-9A35-D6F30DB3BC02.jpeg

Those things give me nightmares.  When I was about ten years old, I was playing around some bushes, I turned around and was face to face with one of those things.  Amazingly I wasn't stung.

• Like 10

Good morning, Dailyites!

Beautiful here this morning and the temp and humidity was down enough to open the house up 🎉!

We have been to Cobh twice.  The first time was April 22, 2009 on a TA from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton on the Grand Princess (our first Princess cruise).  We did a ship tour to Blarney Castle and Kinsale.

Blarney Castle

100_5048.thumb.jpg.fce6e5b111c7f440d94addf178a345a4.jpg

View from the top

100_5066.thumb.jpg.a57a06588fb24fc98c1bcb3590a07187.jpg

Yep, I did it 👍

100_5069.thumb.jpg.fe5f6c89c0029f6bdbdf37330b0d4728.jpg

Then went to the Blarney Woolen Mills and found some real Irish coffee

100_5108.thumb.jpg.b762f485cb9f3b8579e86e3d20df08f0.jpg

From there we went to Kinsale with a stop for lunch on our own

100_5156.thumb.jpg.58e12c0b4a9aea7c30f5a54f2f9303e7.jpg

100_5166.thumb.jpg.d51d1047544db81f9c1c149db98280ac.jpg

100_5164.thumb.jpg.e7f147805eb01d41248bbbcfb28eef4a.jpg

100_5157.thumb.jpg.38fa213d6008d6cd3b3c57481aef2fd4.jpg

100_5165.thumb.jpg.89071a2292bb4405191116619182162b.jpg

Time for one more Irish coffee before meeting the bus for the ride back to Cobh

100_5175.thumb.jpg.dd09f154d528d11f4e2b181ce62555ed.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers and best wishes on the way.

• Like 11