The Daily for Thursday October 28, 2021

richwmn

Thanks to Rich, @richwmn for the Daily and to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.

Chocolate day will be celebrated here.!

Interested to see the photos of the port of the day, as we have not visited, thank you.

@puppycanducruisegood news that your water heater was replaced so quickly.

The news yesterday was that there are two community cases of covid in Christchurch, from the same household, one of them  had been to Auckland, neither have been vaccinated. 

Woke to fog this morning, gradually cleared, now some feeble sunshine temperature 14 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Not sure if there is really going to be a shortage of wine bottles in the near future, but just in case I picked up a case of my favorite malbec at Costco also.  Can't be too prepared for the necessities.

We’ve picked up a few of those, too, since you introduced us. Last shopping trip I also got a rioja, which I served Sunday. DH made it a point to say he really liked it. And he has rarely said that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I really wish my county would do that, but not going to hold my breath. 😞  

You can always go to restaurants in King County if you want to have everyone showing their vaccination cards. I know some people from King County that just go to Snohomish County so they don't have to show their cards. They are fully vaccinated, by the way. I do think that adding the job of vaccination police to the already overworked wait staff at restaurants is asking a bit too much. There has to be a better way to safely get through this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, atexsix said:

Dear Dad and I met a cousin for coffee this morning, we were supposed to meet at 11 and she called at 10 and said she was ready, so we rushed out of the house.   Starbucks did check our vaccine cards now that's it a policy in our county, I'm carrying ours with us now since you never know when we're going to suddenly stop for lunch or dinner.

I do not carry my card.  Maryland is part of a group of states that maintains a vaccine registry and I carry a certificate provided by the state and keep the card in a safe place.  Washington uses the same system with both a website and a mobile version where you should be able to put a certificate on a phone.  The Washington version (Along with Arizona, Louisana, and West Virginia):

https://wa.myir.net/rorl?next=/

Roy

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Greetings of the day!  Thanks to Rich, Roy, wine & recipe/drink ladies, and all who make this the happy, caring place that it is for us on a "Daily" basis!!  I join the other Chocaholics in proclaiming this is our day!!  @grapau27I would have been a failure at your job--I would have eaten the merchandise before it ever got to the stores!

Today is Day 3 (post booster) and I feel great.  When I got up this morning, decided to drive 75 miles for a 10 am meeting.  The way I felt yesterday, I had planned to just call in to "attend."  I got home, went to the cleaners, got my car washed, and then went to the supermarket.  I got in many extra steps looking for items on my list, as the entire store had been re-arranged since my last visit over 2 weeks ago!

At the meeting this morning one of the hospital representatives announced that it is now approved to "mix and match" vaccines.  If you had one (J&J, Pfizer, or Moderna), it is okay to have a booster of another type.  Was news to me, but guess it is just coming out that it is okay!

The Statue of Liberty is my destination when the Rotterdam arrives in NYC next October after the TA from Rotterdam.  During our time in NYC after 09/11, it was closed, so no chance to visit.  Then in 2019, when I was In port for one day, going to the 09/11 Memorial and Museum had to be my visit!  I will never, ever forget sailing into and out of NY Harbor aboard the Zuiderdam and passing the lovely Lady!  I still get tears thinking about it!  We will be in NYC overnight next year.

Have a great evening everyone!  Glad the Celebration list is outpacing the Care list.  

I only carried a few samples in my car 

I would send orders in to the company and they would deliver the products.

Graham.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

You can always go to restaurants in King County if you want to have everyone showing their vaccination cards. I know some people from King County that just go to Snohomish County so they don't have to show their cards. They are fully vaccinated, by the way. I do think that adding the job of vaccination police to the already overworked wait staff at restaurants is asking a bit too much. There has to be a better way to safely get through this.

I'm wondering why someone who is vaccinated  would drive from King County up here, to avoid showing their vax cards at a restaurant? 

We won't be making special trips south, not worth the hassle of traffic -- unless we happen to be visiting friends or family down there.  

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I do not carry my card.  Maryland is part of a group of states that maintains a vaccine registry and I carry a certificate provided by the state and keep the card in a safe place.  Washington uses the same system with both a website and a mobile version where you should be able to put a certificate on a phone.  The Washington version (Along with Arizona, Louisana, and West Virginia):

Roy

As soon as I heard about the mobile version we got it!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I keep mine with my passport in a safe place.  However, I am more likely to carry my wallet than my phone.  So I made a copy of mine and my DW's so we will always have the copy with us if needed.

We also keep our cards with our passports. They’re like gold! 😉  I have digital copies of the cards in my phone along with the the state’s digital record (with the QR code). And just in case I’ve also printed them for our wallets. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm wondering why someone who is vaccinated  would drive from King County up here, to avoid showing their vax cards at a restaurant? 

I live in King County, but have to drive through Snohomish County or Chelan County to get anywhere. Skykomish and Baring are sort of an isolated portion of King County.

• Like 3

Just wanted you to know that Catmando's surgery was late getting started, but worked out well, another stent in his leg, he's bruised, sore, but came home same day.  A rather long day.

I work part time selling tickets to the arts- a ot of folks tell me that they are vaccinated, but feel it is a violation of their rights to have to show their card.  I was so happy when I got my vaccinations!  I wanted to frame my card. Now to find someone who will do our booster.

I hope that one can celebrate Chocolate Day for weeks (years) to come.  I miss plush stuffed cuddly things, really haven't seen any since Covid.  But then again, I run into a store, get what I need and run back out.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 8:16 PM, rafinmd said:

Roy

My doctor gave me some type of certificate as well which he was able to get via the state website, I doubt many people know that the states and maybe the feds have a record of all that are vaccinated.

• Like 1