Can anybody at Celebrity spell? Or proofread? Or use spellcheck even?

Alakegirl

Hello,

I was on the Eclipse many years ago. One morning they held a 'Wines around the world' wine tasting with numerous tables set out on deck 4 representing countries of origin. The Australia table showed the New Zealand flag and vice versa - I did point this out and all I got in reply was a shrug of the shoulders.

Regards,

Cublet

4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I was on the Eclipse many years ago. One morning they held a 'Wines around the world' wine tasting with numerous tables set out on deck 4 representing countries of origin. The Australia table showed the New Zealand flag and vice versa - I did point this out and all I got in reply was a shrug of the shoulders.

Regards,

Cublet

Facts don't matter much anymore.....it's all the illusion.

16 hours ago, FlamingJune1967 said:

At the risk of appearing stupid, what is the error?

LOL--- Forget the location of the Dubai comments-- that's easy.

The error  ( ?? )-- Celebrity suggested bringing cash and/or credit cards for purchases.

What else would you bring ??  

• Haha 1

With equity of around $6B and a debt load over $19B, that makes the Royal Caribbean Group debt-equity-ratio over 3.

If I shouldered that kind of burden I would have trouble remembering world geography, basic math, and even have trouble walking a straight line. 

Or

With such a  bottom line, Economies Must be Made and Expenditures Reduced.

29 minutes ago, canderson said:

Bitcoin?

haha...but seriously, I think the intent was LOCAL cash...IF this was in Dubai what would the local cash be?  I know in Italy, for some excursions, I have to pay in Euro at the conclusion of the event....VISA credit not accepted.

6 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

haha...but seriously, I think the intent was LOCAL cash...IF this was in Dubai what would the local cash be?  I know in Italy, for some excursions, I have to pay in Euro at the conclusion of the event....VISA credit not accepted.

Don't think you can spend Emirati dirham in St. Kitts, that being the larger point!

3 hours ago, cruisefam38 said:

With equity of around $6B and a debt load over $19B, that makes the Royal Caribbean Group debt-equity-ratio over 3.

If I shouldered that kind of burden I would have trouble remembering world geography, basic math, and even have trouble walking a straight line. 

Or

With such a  bottom line, Economies Must be Made and Expenditures Reduced.

RCL leading all the cruise lines higher today.  Up nearly 10%, blowing away the one year price target.  What gives?

5 hours ago, Pinboy said:

The error  ( ?? )-- Celebrity suggested bringing cash and/or credit cards for purchases.

They have vending machines that dispense gold in the airport in Dubai.  Maybe gold bullion or coins? 

• Haha 1

Early in my career I worked at a newspaper doing advertising design and copy writing. I became so used to writing in phrases and bullet points that when I took a master's level writing class it took weeks for me to switch back to full sentences. One thing about working in print media, every mistake made is out there for everyone to see and there is no taking it back.

20 minutes ago, vswan said:

Early in my career I worked at a newspaper doing advertising design and copy writing. I became so used to writing in phrases and bullet points that when I took a master's level writing class it took weeks for me to switch back to full sentences. One thing about working in print media, every mistake made is out there for everyone to see and there is no taking it back.

Sentence fragments.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:06 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

This is a pic of the bridge to Sydney NS copied from a travel site..Maybe the travel site had it wrong as well considering the background.  Same bridge I think, can't make out the flags on top in the middle.

45-sydneycbdsunset2%20(1)_1516188060t.jp

The top photo shows the Opera House, too, so it is clearly in Sydney, Australia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vswan said:

Now that every broadcast story is translated in print to the website, there's no cover there either.  Sadly, a 20-something with zippo experience is doing the web rewrite (said the 38 year broadcaster who diligently safeguarded his stories.)

5 hours ago, marieps said:

RCL leading all the cruise lines higher today.  Up nearly 10%, blowing away the one year price target.  What gives?

Oh, that's easy. I transferred money to my WealthSimple account 3 days ago for the express purpose of buying 100 shares for the OBC benefit. The universe raised the price 10% so I could have the pleasure of buying the stock at it's 52-week high.

You're welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Pinboy said:

AMEX traveller cheques ?   🤣

21 hours ago, Pinboy said:

ATM CARD?  Checks?  Debit card?

I agree, back in my day we could spell, write proper sentences and do basic math much better that the kids today. We also had much better fashion sense.

Origins of the Leisure Suit | HowStuffWorks

And dance moves! 😊

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

I might have Night Fever!

marieps -

Owing to inversion quantum quantitative easing, formerly leveraged non-liquid assets are converted into future provisional gains, and proposed acquisition assets are diverted into non-fungible quartudinals that can then be multiplicatively (and conversely) applied to carbon offsets.  Factoring in sustainability targets with real-world human resources, we get a not unreasonable expectation of futures speculation in the 43.758% range.

Pinboy, Essiesmom, canderson, and marieps -

That's my understanding of current global economics, for what it's worth. 

DaKahuna -

All I want for Christmas is a home office 3D printer with a "PRECIOUS METLALS - GOLD" setting.  It will make old-timey cash register sounds when it drops the bullion in the dispenser.

{It's too much to ask Santa Claus for a fully functioning IT department at one of our preferred businesses. }

1 hour ago, cruisefam38 said:

I might have Night Fever!

marieps -

Owing to inversion quantum quantitative easing, formerly leveraged non-liquid assets are converted into future provisional gains, and proposed acquisition assets are diverted into non-fungible quartudinals that can then be multiplicatively (and conversely) applied to carbon offsets.  Factoring in sustainability targets with real-world human resources, we get a not unreasonable expectation of futures speculation in the 43.758% range.

Pinboy, Essiesmom, canderson, and marieps -

That's my understanding of current global economics, for what it's worth. 

DaKahuna -

All I want for Christmas is a home office 3D printer with a "PRECIOUS METLALS - GOLD" setting.  It will make old-timey cash register sounds when it drops the bullion in the dispenser.

{It's too much to ask Santa Claus for a fully functioning IT department at one of our preferred businesses. }

Anybody get the number of the truck that just hit me ???

LOL--- What the hell ---- and I'll bet you can do cursive writing and don't receive 481 text messages a day ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I agree, back in my day we could spell, write proper sentences and do basic math much better that the kids today. We also had much better fashion sense.

Origins of the Leisure Suit | HowStuffWorks

And dance moves! 😊

And what's wrong with this suit??? 😉

In all fairness to Celebrity…….

How quick we are to pounce at every opportunity, whether or not our own experiences, abilities and skills afford us the privilege to do so. In this case, the OP asks “Can anybody at Celebrity” etc. etc. etc. I find that risible when all over, under, around and through these forums there exists an abundance of questionable tidings.

To the OP’s topic I would ask, if one were to grade a stack of papers from the participants on this thread, as well as posters throughout the forums, what might the average grade be? With the exception of, perhaps just a handful, my guess is C, if I’m being generous.

Not quite fair to deride a specific person or entity when all around you many are doing the same thing. And, not to make excuses, but there are many irons in the fire when it comes to advertising and corporate promotions. In the case of CC and its opportunities, you are the sole proprietor for yourself.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• To the OP’s topic I would ask, if one were to grade a stack of papers from the participants on this thread, as well as posters throughout the forums, what might the average grade be? With the exception of, perhaps just a handful, my guess is C, if I’m being generous.

I’d be in detention.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

In all fairness to Celebrity…….

How quick we are to pounce at every opportunity, whether or not our own experiences, abilities and skills afford us the privilege to do so. In this case, the OP asks “Can anybody at Celebrity” etc. etc. etc. I find that risible when all over, under, around and through these forums there exists an abundance of questionable tidings.

To the OP’s topic I would ask, if one were to grade a stack of papers from the participants on this thread, as well as posters throughout the forums, what might the average grade be? With the exception of, perhaps just a handful, my guess is C, if I’m being generous.

Not quite fair to deride a specific person or entity when all around you many are doing the same thing. And, not to make excuses, but there are many irons in the fire when it comes to advertising and corporate promotions. In the case of CC and its opportunities, you are the sole proprietor for yourself.

I’ve resisted commenting on this thread until now.  Very well said Spif, Celebrity on-board experience IMO is superb.  Many seem to just like to have something to complain about, Hoppen, LLP, wait times when calling, AI etc