Can anybody at Celebrity spell? Or proofread? Or use spellcheck even?

Alakegirl

15 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I used to proofread for a living, and now I have a side gig as a proofreader. I am offering my services to Celebrity at my usual hourly rate of $50.

Offer them everywhere we read....including cable news banners, newspaper op-eds, many advertisements, some magazines.....etc, etc.  When did schools stop teaching spelling, grammar, AND cursive writing.  My grandchildren will print forever using bad spelling as they grow old..LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

They flunked geography, too

4363E7F4-25B8-4C0D-A886-6A6911F20206.png

This is a pic of the bridge to Sydney NS copied from a travel site..Maybe the travel site had it wrong as well considering the background.  Same bridge I think, can't make out the flags on top in the middle.

45-sydneycbdsunset2%20(1)_1516188060t.jp

Edited by Oceangoer2

7 hours ago, FeebeeH said:

A recent Captain's Club newsletter advertising The Celebrity Edge for the 2023/24 season made mention of "Tazmania".  The Tasmanians would just love that!  I wrote to Celebrity pointing out the errors of their ways ....

Taz-Mania was a TV cartoon in the early 1990s, following the adventures of Taz (the Tasmanian Devil) in the land of Tazmania (based on Tasmania). The newsletter's writer probably grew up watching the program.

• Haha 2

I really think they should hire some Elementary School Children to help out.   There are so many errors it is laughable. .

On a recent B2B out of San Diego I received a notice to register by QR Code for our B2B Covid Test in Seattle.   When I went to register it confirmed I an appointment in Seattle.   We also had a  B2B meeting in a Specific Conference Room -   None of the rooms had names on them. 

14 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I'm not sure weather you also care about the whether?

😉

Also, please let's not forget the rogue apostrophe.

That one that sets my hair on fire. I've seen people use it both correctly and incorrectly in the same sentence! 

It is very simple , people. 

Plural (do not use), or Possessive (use).

Is is two dogs, or a dog's leash?

Ask yourself this the next time you are tempted to toss in a random apostrophe. 

Rant over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Also, please let's not forget the rogue apostrophe.

That one that sets my hair on fire. I've seen people use it both correctly and incorrectly in the same sentence! 

It is very simple , people. 

Plural (do not use), or Possessive (use).

Is is two dogs, or a dog's leash?

Ask yourself this the next time you are tempted to toss in a random apostrophe. 

Rant over. 

Yes, I find it's use often misapplied.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Prost Seattle said:

I get what you’re all saying, but I will admit sometimes while typing I can’t for the life of me remember how to spell some words, and if what I type is an actual word that spellcheck doesn’t catch, well, I’ll set your hair on fire with my post. 

We all do it on occasion....in a hurry on social media...think it doesn't matter, recipient will know what I meant...even English majors have an 'it'll do' attitoood at times.  I missed a letter in a very 'private' word in a workplace communication once...if you get my drift...LOL. 

35 minutes ago, Prost Seattle said:

I understand Dubai is going to be the substitute for Key West.  Pack underwear. 

Or at least some extra deodorant.  Watched the LPGA playing their tournament a couple of weekends ago at night under the lights to avoid heat stroke!  

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Or at least some extra deodorant.  Watched the LPGA playing their tournament a couple of weekends ago at night under the lights to avoid heat stroke!  

Yeah man, but it's a dry heat.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, FeebeeH said:

A recent Captain's Club newsletter advertising The Celebrity Edge for the 2023/24 season made mention of "Tazmania".  The Tasmanians would just love that!  I wrote to Celebrity pointing out the errors of their ways ....

I finally have a cruise planned in 2024, that is if I don't (dye) first!

14 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

This is a pic of the bridge to Sydney NS copied from a travel site..Maybe the travel site had it wrong as well considering the background.  Same bridge I think, can't make out the flags on top in the middle.

45-sydneycbdsunset2%20(1)_1516188060t.jp

The flags are the Australian flags.