Can anybody at Celebrity spell? Or proofread? Or use spellcheck even?

Alakegirl

The "Welcome Aboard" tab in the Celebrity app for our cruise in December on the Silhouette out of Fort Lauderdale gives us driving instructions to the port of Southampton, UK, and the email I received this morning with our eDocs said: "If you require assistance, please contact our Reservations Department at: Celebrity Cruises: 0344 493 2043 (UK) (Calls will cost no more than a call to a 01 or 02 number) 1800 932 611 (EIRE)."

I realize that the Silhouette was based in Southampton until recently, but Celebrity really needs to have someone in charge of the accuracy of what they send out.

Get used to the proof reading, spelling errors.   If you have worked with any recent high school or even college grads you will know they can’t spell.   It may be because of texting or just shortcomings in our educational systems.   You will also learn that basic math is also beyond them unless they have a PC or Phone to do calculations for them.   

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Get used to the proof reading, spelling errors.   If you have worked with any recent high school or even college grads you will know they can’t spell.   It may be because of texting or just shortcomings in our educational systems.   You will also learn that basic math is also beyond them unless they have a PC or Phone to do calculations for them.   

No, I won’t get used to it. I’m afraid to disappoint all of my English teachers from grammar, junior high, and high school, “literally afraid”.  Lazy is another term for it.  

4 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I used to proofread for a living, and now I have a side gig as a proofreader. I am offering my services to Celebrity at my usual hourly rate of $50.

You could offer your services for free and request that they give you AI for the simply sail cruise price ;).  

A recent Captain's Club newsletter advertising The Celebrity Edge for the 2023/24 season made mention of "Tazmania".  The Tasmanians would just love that!  I wrote to Celebrity pointing out the errors of their ways ....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Don't even get me started on:

• to, too, two
  • weight, wait
  • there, their
  • ate, eight
  • here, hear
  • plane, plain
  • where, wear

!!!!!!!!

Not my fault. Auto spell check made the change without me noticing.

11 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I have no love for Gen Z's communication skills, but it's not the only group that can't use language correctly.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Don't even get me started on:

• to, too, two
  • weight, wait
  • there, their
  • ate, eight
  • here, hear
  • plane, plain
  • where, wear

!!!!!!!!

That kind of stuff makes me loose my mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5