Can anybody at Celebrity spell? Or proofread? Or use spellcheck even?

Alakegirl

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

So I can't bring up Celebrity math errors?

Quite obvious you can bring up whatever you want.  Just be sure to use spellcheck and don’t transpose your numbers.

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

In all fairness to Celebrity…….

How quick we are to pounce at every opportunity, whether or not our own experiences, abilities and skills afford us the privilege to do so. In this case, the OP asks “Can anybody at Celebrity” etc. etc. etc. I find that risible when all over, under, around and through these forums there exists an abundance of questionable tidings.

To the OP’s topic I would ask, if one were to grade a stack of papers from the participants on this thread, as well as posters throughout the forums, what might the average grade be? With the exception of, perhaps just a handful, my guess is C, if I’m being generous.

Not quite fair to deride a specific person or entity when all around you many are doing the same thing. And, not to make excuses, but there are many irons in the fire when it comes to advertising and corporate promotions. In the case of CC and its opportunities, you are the sole proprietor for yourself.

There is another difference between the folks at X in advertising and corporate promotions and CC posters.  The X folks get paid for communicating to the public. We lowly CC folks communicate here for free. 😉

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

And what's wrong with this suit??? 😉

I still have my white suit. A wee bit snug but I sill have it. ( A wee bit as in "It's a wee bit cold in Iqaluit in February." 😉)

I just wish I still had the hair. 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

There is another difference between the folks at X in advertising and corporate promotions and CC posters.  The X folks get paid for communicating to the public. We lowly CC folks communicate here for free. 😉

DD, I'm not sure that I agree with your descriptor of CC folks and I am sure you meant it in jest. However, if I understand you correctly, if one is not paid to do so, why does it matter how you communicate, especially when incognito. Unfortunately, the mantra of many.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

In all fairness to Celebrity…….

How quick we are to pounce at every opportunity, whether or not our own experiences, abilities and skills afford us the privilege to do so. In this case, the OP asks “Can anybody at Celebrity” etc. etc. etc. I find that risible when all over, under, around and through these forums there exists an abundance of questionable tidings.

To the OP’s topic I would ask, if one were to grade a stack of papers from the participants on this thread, as well as posters throughout the forums, what might the average grade be? With the exception of, perhaps just a handful, my guess is C, if I’m being generous.

Not quite fair to deride a specific person or entity when all around you many are doing the same thing. And, not to make excuses, but there are many irons in the fire when it comes to advertising and corporate promotions. In the case of CC and its opportunities, you are the sole proprietor for yourself.

I don't for one moment excuse spelling, geographical, grammatical or other content mistakes from being published on  any company website People get paid to do this correctly. It is their job. Whereas here, people post for pleasure. It's not a formal environment. It is not intended to be endorsed by a company, who needs to be held accountable for what is published.  Also, I'm not sure what qualifies you to give out a grade, but your analysis is worth a D- in my opinion

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

DD, I'm not sure that I agree with your descriptor of CC folks and I am sure you meant it in jest. However, if I understand you correctly, if one is not paid to do so, why does it matter how you communicate, especially when incognito. Unfortunately, the mantra of many.  

Hi SB, 😉 = Jest...ish

3 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

I don't for one moment excuse spelling, geographical, grammatical or other content mistakes from being published on  any company website People get paid to do this correctly. It is their job. Whereas here, people post for pleasure. It's not a formal environment. It is not intended to be endorsed by a company, who needs to be held accountable for what is published.  Also, I'm not sure what qualifies you to give out a grade, but your analysis is worth a D- in my opinion

G99, I've obviously got some homework to do to improve this grade. Also, I have got to commend you on your response. You missed my point altogether, while at the same making my point from a totally different perspective. Good on ya. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

G99, I've obviously got some homework to do to improve this grade. Also, I have got to commend you on your response. You missed my point altogether, while at the same making my point from a totally different perspective. Good on ya. 

I get your point. It's irrelevant because you are comparing two different circumstances.

38 minutes ago, MemeCruise said:

Spelling can be a pain sometimes...

Celebrity corrected this shortly after I asked them which destination the first country was 😅

Gallery_1636245807965.png

Good thing it wasn't a "Canal" cruise.

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

My grammar pet peeve is the misuse of "I" and "me".  As in, "I booked our next cruise for my wife and I". 

Or the old "Please contact myself with any questions." 😳

Edited by hrhdhd

12 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Good thing it wasn't a "Canal" cruise.

Hello,

The heart of Manchester's Gay Village is around Canal Street, or....

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.4QkUYS-UTBWN0WeQ7U0_TgHaF7%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
spelling
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MemeCruise said:

Spelling can be a pain sometimes...

Celebrity corrected this shortly after I asked them which destination the first country was 😅

Gallery_1636245807965.png

Obviously a specialty cruise for those that like that sort of thing.

I've texted friends in the past that I'm going on an exotic cruise or I'm going to an exotic place only to have the autocorrect replace the word exotic with erotic.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

I've texted friends in the past that I'm going on an exotic cruise or I'm going to an exotic place only to have the autocorrect replace the word exotic with erotic.....

Depends upon who you're going with 🙂

I have to chime in on this one. When we sailed on the very first cruises (b2b) out of St Maarten, which were the very first a US citizen could take since the shutdown, the testing requirements for months and weeks and even up to the day of departure would be completely inconsistent depending where you looked for the info. TA webinars said one thing, emails to TAs and Passengers said another, the website said yet a third and fourth in two different places, and the clincher was when you called you randomly got one of those protocols. The island would put out their own requirements on top of it all. I would literally call and email X Management and reps with the inconsistencies and try to help them out to put out one, correct, up to date message. How do you send out an email to people and then post a completely different protocol on the website on the same day. 

So no spelling issues, just total bewilderment on how a multi billion dollar publicly held company can be so unorganized without any checks and balances or accountability. Oh well. Chock it up to Covid. 2020-2021, the year it all went to H E Double Hockeysticks and the trains came off the preverbial tracks. 

Edited by BoundForSea

On 11/7/2021 at 7:53 AM, mahdnc said:

Autocorrect is my worst enema..... 😅😅

• Haha 3

• 1 year later...