Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

I don’t usually need a lot of hand holding for planning cruises, BUT I would need some help planning for such an extensive cruise as a world cruise and I admit the last thing I would probably think of is how many blank pages are in my passport book! 

6 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I don’t usually need a lot of hand holding for planning cruises, BUT I would need some help planning for such an extensive cruise as a world cruise and I admit the last thing I would probably think of is how many blank pages are in my passport book! 

Me too!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

How do you even ask for that?

I don’t know!  I would need the cruise line or my travel agent to be providing guidance.  If I were going on a world cruise, I would need a checklist of items to be aware of! 

• Like 3

There used to be an option when you applied for a passport or renewal to add extra pages. I didn’t see the option when we renewed our passports last year. Not sure if it’s because we did the online renewal or because the extra pages are now automatically added.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

There used to be an option when you applied for a passport or renewal to add extra pages. I didn’t see the option when we renewed our passports last year. Not sure if it’s because we did the online renewal or because the extra pages are now automatically added.

They have discontinued the option for additional pages.

As to having enough pages, it is in the instructions you receive plus it’s fairly well known by frequent international travelers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last night’s Azamazing Evening on Cochin, India truly was amazing. Palm reading, Henna Art, a beautiful decorated venue, local cuisine treats and elaborate culture dancing. More photos later the ships internet here in port has been pretty much useless.

image.thumb.jpeg.c4b93d52b287bc69d516512bdb8c5dac.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.368dde7c003e832f3c64ae5410c93cef.jpeg

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Last night’s Azamazing Evening on Cochin, India truly was amazing. Palm reading, Henna Art, a beautiful decorated venue, local cuisine treats and elaborate culture dancing. More photos later the ships internet here in port has been pretty much useless.

image.thumb.jpeg.c4b93d52b287bc69d516512bdb8c5dac.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.368dde7c003e832f3c64ae5410c93cef.jpeg

That sounds like a "traditional' Azamazaming Evening.    As noted in (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2990719-azamara-seem-to-be-scaling-back-azamazing-evenings/page/3/#comment-67194925)   I think three things are needed:   Destination, Passenger involvemnt; performance.    This seemed to have all three!

• Like 4

On Azamara journey at present there is a really bad cough going round - it’s not hayfever as people say because it’s a rasping rattling chest cough and unfortunately when you’re on tour you have people bringing up phlegm beside you and doing very little to take care of where they dispose of their tissues.
Also, the concept of putting your hand to your mouth is not something that many of the older guests seem to want to do.  Despite being extremely careful we now are coming down with it and I think we can pinpoint which shore excursion that happened on - even our guide spoke to the guest about her coughing fits. 

Many crew have the cough as well and I really think the ship should have been more open about the problems and perhaps to have made facemasks more readily available. For several guests the argument for not wearing one when they should be as they did not bring any with them 

If embarking tomorrow you might want to get some cough medicine before boarding 

On 4/15/2024 at 11:16 AM, aliaschief said:

Last night’s Azamazing Evening on Cochin, India truly was amazing. Palm reading, Henna Art, a beautiful decorated venue, local cuisine treats and elaborate culture dancing. 

Brings back great memories of our Indian Ocean crossing a few years ago. Same Azamazing night. We had great palm readings - both of us are going to live healthily and happily into our nineties. Cheered us up no end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Many crew have the cough as well and I really think the ship should have been more open about the problems and perhaps to have made facemasks more readily available. For several guests the argument for not wearing one when they should be as they did not bring any with them 

Great suggestions! These should eventually become the norm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

On Azamara journey at present there is a really bad cough going round - it’s not hayfever as people say because it’s a rasping rattling chest cough and unfortunately when you’re on tour you have people bringing up phlegm beside you and doing very little to take care of where they dispose of their tissues.
Also, the concept of putting your hand to your mouth is not something that many of the older guests seem to want to do.  Despite being extremely careful we now are coming down with it and I think we can pinpoint which shore excursion that happened on - even our guide spoke to the guest about her coughing fits. 

Not a nice way to end a wonderful trip. Hope you and others feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Are they testing for Covid?

No they should be. We’ve got tests with us and I’m going to do one on DH tonight 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uktog said:

I have it, too. Suspect that in my case it’s a case of reaction to cold AC in warm weather. Will do a test tonight when we get home. Currently in AMS waiting for the flight to AES.

• Like 1

Just now, oddjob16 said:

FYI. On Quest there has been a change of band this week. Musique4Soul going on holiday and is replaced by East Pearl. 

Onward was to have Music4soul. But with Africa we lost  then in the war. They are changing bands and piano players every 4 or so werk. East Pestlok. Ut. A not compare. We all lose out.

5 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Onward was to have Music4soul. But with Africa we lost  then in the war. They are changing bands and piano players every 4 or so werk. East Pestlok. Ut. A not compare. We all lose out.

Many of us wish you would take 10 seconds to proofread your posts before sending them, if you can spare the time. It would make your thoughts so much clearer.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cruised Journey 3/19 - 4/3, coughing going around! Couldn’t believe how many people still have bad habits, after our COVID outbreak! We used face masks, especially on excursions! Got a cough, so used our own COVID test and was negative. Luckily we had cough drops and Mucinex D & DM! Had tea with honey daily. Did feel better after a few days and enjoyed rest of the cruise!!

When we got home, partner did need Zpack! 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

I have it, too. Suspect that in my case it’s a case of reaction to cold AC in warm weather. Will do a test tonight when we get home. Currently in AMS waiting for the flight to AES.

Safe travels home. Hope it’s negative for you. I’ve realised our tests are past their sell by so tonight’s results may not be reliable. I noticed the stateroom staff were masked up this morning but maybe that’s standard on turn around 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uktog said:

Safe travels home. Hope it’s negative for you. I’ve realised our tests are past their sell by so tonight’s results may not be reliable. I noticed the stateroom staff were masked up this morning but maybe that’s standard on turn around 

The US govt has continually extended sell-by dates on Covid tests, so we just use the oldest ones in our stock.  When we had Covid, the old tests did identify it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, AJCM said:

Brings back great memories of our Indian Ocean crossing a few years ago. Same Azamazing night. We had great palm readings - both of us are going to live healthily and happily into our nineties. Cheered us up no end.

Was that the one where there was fireworks and the debris fell all over guests? Looks like they’ve discontinued the fireworks part. However it was a beautiful setting and a great show. I miss those days…..(and events)

The cruise crud or cough is nothing new.  If you take longer cruises it shows up around 30 days in.  We have had several rounds on the WC.  I have had it multiple times on past cruises, no fun.  I personally believe it’s related to the AC, I can only imagine how much mold is in the duct work.  I am surprised the industry hasn’t tried to resolve it as it can be a big negative for a cruise.