OMG!! WE GOT IT!!

gsosings

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Suite perks on freedom class are not all that special, especially when compared to Oasis or Quantum class perks.

Wow, do you really get your thrills by pissing in someone else's Wheaties?  

OP -- I'm still waiting to hear when the party is in your room next week!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Wow, do you really get your thrills by pissing in someone else's Wheaties?  

OP -- I'm still waiting to hear when the party is in your room next week!

Just pointing out reality to a poster who believes in fantasy. The reality is that the additional perks you get on a Freedom class ship are nowhere economically comparable to the upgrade cost. Other than the additional room, you really don't get anything that equates to the upgrade cost.

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

equates to the upgrade cost.

Everyone's value equation is different. It is directly related to the amount of wealth one has. The more wealth the lower the value of money vs creature comforts.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gsosings said:

Congratulations. Great upgrade.

>>Jr. Suite to Owner's Suite

Would love to know the sweet spot you won on?

Do you mind sharing what your winning bid was that got accepted? 

Edited by Crapster
  • Like 1

Just now, handbellplayer said:

I'm sure this is a stupid question - please be patient.  How does one get these offers?  Is there a place to sign up?  We are Diamond - maybe a higher level is required?

Almost everyone is eligible, you either get a message inviting you to bid or go directly to the Royal Up site. 

3 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

So I need to check the site over and over?

Eligibility doesn’t typically change, you either are or aren’t. This usually only changes at the beginning of eligibility, maybe about 60 days out from the sailing. The folks on the Roll Call thread for your sailing can tell you if that sailing has started getting offers. 

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

So I need to check the site over and over? Others seem to repost getting emails with the offer.

I think most people are getting email invites to bid up. But you can go to the Royal Caribbean  website page and search "Royal Up" and find it that way, too.

Edited by smwg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Almost everyone is eligible, you either get a message inviting you to bid or go directly to the Royal Up site. 

I got an email about a week ago for our December 30th cruise.  Filled it out today.  Low bid.  Don't expect much.

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

Suite perks on freedom class are not all that special, especially when compared to Oasis or Quantum class perks.

Don't be a Debbie Downer.  They'll get more than they would in a JS.  Many people, for example, are VERY happy that they can get MDR meals delivered to their suites during meal times.  They get free room service deliveries.  They get unlimited - not voucher-based - drinks in the SL during Happy Hours.  And no more pesky Pinnacles bothering them there.  😉 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Just pointing out reality to a poster who believes in fantasy. The reality is that the additional perks you get on a Freedom class ship are nowhere economically comparable to the upgrade cost. Other than the additional room, you really don't get anything that equates to the upgrade cost.

economically comparable to the upgrade cost?

Since you have NO IDEA what he paid for his original cabin OR how much he paid for the RoyalUp, your comment is based in "fantasy".

• Like 5

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

Jealousy is not very attractive. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, njkruzer said:

I got an email about a week ago for our December 30th cruise.  Filled it out today.  Low bid.  Don't expect much.

Same here.  Since I'm traveling solo and in a balcony cabin on Mariner Dec. 4 sail, I was invited to bid up and bid (X2) a low amount.  No expectations.

46 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Same here.  Since I'm traveling solo and in a balcony cabin on Mariner Dec. 4 sail, I was invited to bid up and bid (X2) a low amount.  No expectations.

You never know - you just may get it.  I bid the minimum for a solo JS two months ago and got it.  Good luck to you.  

11 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

So I need to check the site over and over? Others seem to repost getting emails with the offer.

We were booked in a balcony and I received an offer to bid on several categories up to a full suite. I don't remember which type of suite. The lowest bid was more than if I would have booked the higher category to begin with so I didn't bid. This was only my second cruise with Royal Caribbean in 20 years so loyalty status was not a requirement.  My son who has sailed on Royal more than we had and booked the balcony next to us never got an offer. I kept getting an email with the bidding offer up to 2 days before sailing.  I never acted on it.