HOW DO FOLKS CARRY THEIR OCEAN MEDALLIONS?

suzyed

A clip inside my pocket or purse, just like a cruise card. I do not like lanyards or having a card or device clipped to me or looking/being obnoxious on my body. Can't stand smart watches either - too bulky and not very cute, for me personally. I wish cruise lines would abandon their wrist band ideas, too. I do not want to wear it. 

• Like 1

I'm new to the Medallions.  So, in looking for a holder (clip, bracelet, watch, or whatever), how do I know if the medallion will fit whatever I buy?  Are there dimensions listed somewhere?  Does it connect to the holder with a magnet?  I would rather get something from Amazon, assuming it will be cheaper than getting it on the cruise ship, but in reality the cost is a minuscule amount when considering the cost of a cruise, anyway. Lol!

• Like 2

Our first medallion cruise, we just carried ours around in our pockets like we did the old cruise cards.  Kept them in the plastic case that comes with them.

IMG_0918.thumb.jpg.edb3fcefa43c9c5b392462e674529190.jpg

For our upcoming cruise I bought these Apple Air Tag holders from Amazon.  Tried the old medallions in one and they are a perfect fit!  DH is going to just clip his to a belt loop, I will do the same if have pants on with loops or in the evening clip it to my evening bag strap.  You can get creative with how you attach the Air Tag holder to whatever you wish.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093H9GHKN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details61Ysb2zuJpL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.824bf89ba1a0d084c06a78d82db71b35.jpg

• Like 4

I actually got a little more creative and ordered one of these from Amazon since lots of my slacks/capris do not have belt loops

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BBFRGSM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

61gN7m6lWML._AC_SL1000_.thumb.jpg.432d1b74c29a490631bd92355edea3db.jpg

The carabiner on the Air Tag holder was too big for the key chain, so I found a smaller clip around the house to attach.  I also removed the ring that came with the key chain.  This is how my medallion will be on our next cruise.  This way I can wear it attached to beltless pants with the key chain or use the small clip on belt loops or my purse.

IMG_0925.thumb.jpg.7c09e4c44a800089ade6bd3e8193db02.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

We had a setup similar to this.  Except I pryed open the plastic covering,

and took out the Blue surround paper.

Why have a blue surround when youre Elite?  Why not black?

Why not coordinate that color to your level in the Center?

So we threw away the blue paper, popped it close, and then had a Clear cover with elite fob inside.

Thought it looks nicer clear. ☺️

Dismay GIFs | Tenor

Son; you've got too much time on your hands. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, suzyed said:

We have sailed Princess many times but our upcoming cruise will be our first Medallion cruise!  What do you all use to carry your Medallion!  Still use lanyards? Wrist bands? In your pocket?
I'd love to see what you all are using!

Enter this on eBay. 

Princess MEDALLION Holder Pendant

• Like 1

I bought a clip for wearing the medallion while on board.  Had purchased a holder off Amazon to put in my Apple Watch.  Hated it—there were a number of times I had to twist my arm for the medallion to be read.

A number of our table mates wore the “double” bands—Apple watch on one wrist, medallion band on the other.  Didn’t like that look so got the clip which worked for me.

Hubby is frugal—he used the holder and lanyard it came with.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My friend gave me this bracelet for my birthday. She purchased the bracelet on the ship.  I love it.  

6B16376B-C5EB-4EAA-9837-54D585FCDAD8.jpeg

EBFAE0F3-7ADB-46E8-AA91-F13A9BC23036.jpeg

I got the wristband as well and really love it.  I first got a large because I have larger wrists but it was falling off my wrist and then the medallion would pop out.  They allowed me to exchange it for a medium and that did the trick.  I also have some fit bit wrist bands I got on Amazon.  I like both options.  My DH just puts his in the plastic case that it comes with (without the lanyard) and keeps it in his pocket.  However, I don't really see anything wrong with wearing it on a lanyard ... to each his own, I guess.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

I got the wristband as well and really love it.  I first got a large because I have larger wrists but it was falling off my wrist and then the medallion would pop out.  They allowed me to exchange it for a medium and that did the trick.  I also have some fit bit wrist bands I got on Amazon.  I like both options.  My DH just puts his in the plastic case that it comes with (without the lanyard) and keeps it in his pocket.  However, I don't really see anything wrong with wearing it on a lanyard ... to each his own, I guess.  

I wear a lot of dresses that do not have pockets plus I really like the jewelry.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

many on eBay 

100_5893.jpg

I really like this one but I can't wear metal.  I can change the chain I suppose?  But if there's nickel in the medallion holder and it touches my skin I will get rash (I'm just so delicate! LOL).  Then again if the chain is long enough like this I can wear it. 
Guess I will check out ebay.  Thanks!

• Like 2

On 11/13/2021 at 10:53 AM, suzyed said:

We have sailed Princess many times but our upcoming cruise will be our first Medallion cruise!  What do you all use to carry your Medallion!  Still use lanyards? Wrist bands? In your pocket?
I'd love to see what you all are using!

I purchased an inexpensive wrist band from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6N65XD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1 & I loved it & it was so easy to use & if necessary they could easily read it. 

Tom😀

• Like 2

15 hours ago, smwg said:

I'm new to the Medallions.  So, in looking for a holder (clip, bracelet, watch, or whatever), how do I know if the medallion will fit whatever I buy?  Are there dimensions listed somewhere?  Does it connect to the holder with a magnet?  I would rather get something from Amazon, assuming it will be cheaper than getting it on the cruise ship, but in reality the cost is a minuscule amount when considering the cost of a cruise, anyway. Lol!

Here’s the link to Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6N65XD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1 & it fit perfectly. Easy to return if it doesn’t work out. 

Tom😀

• Like 2

14 hours ago, trbarton said:

I purchased an inexpensive wrist band from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6N65XD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1 & I loved it & it was so easy to use & if necessary they could easily read it. 

Tom😀

These are the same as Princess ones, are they not?  Pre-order in the app is $10 and onboard is $12.

• Like 1