Full-sized bottle of Bailey's not allowed in Sky Suite??

Catlover54

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Is that extra 12.00 per day to upgrade going to blow your vacation budget?  If so, maybe a different cruise line than Celebrity would fit your budget a little better.

Sure I could do that..or spend the $ on a hotel room on the way down. We are living a reasonably comfortable retirement due to my penny pinching... 🙂  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

As I noted I am not a real cocktail drinker..but I was introduced to Kir Royale during a business trip to Europe. I did see a Kirsch Royale.. so I may try that. But other than black or white Russian...not sure what else they could make with Tia Maria or Kalhua. We will see.. I may ask the bar tender. I wonder if the carry Crème de cassis..

Cassis syrup is pretty standard stock on a bar to make a Kir (Cassis and white wine).

A Kir Royale is usually made with Cassis/Creme de Cassis and Champagne. 

Variations of Kir Royale are also made with Chambord (Raspberry flavored cordial) or Framboise.

Kirsch is cherry flavored brandy so it would taste different.  Personally I wouldn't like that.

You can also ask if they have strawberry flavored cordial to add to champagne

Or.. you could  drink champagne with some fresh raspberries or strawberries in the glass.  Yum

19 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Cassis syrup is pretty standard stock on a bar to make a Kir (Cassis and white wine).

A Kir Royale is usually made with Cassis/Creme de Cassis and Champagne. 

Variations of Kir Royale are also made with Chambord (Raspberry flavored cordial) or Framboise.

Kirsch is cherry flavored brandy so it would taste different.  Personally I wouldn't like that.

You can also ask if they have strawberry flavored cordial to add to champagne

Or.. you could  drink champagne with some fresh raspberries or strawberries in the glass.  Yum

I just want to experiment a bit more.. I usually just drink sparkling wine or white wine... and thought I would try other things..

24 minutes ago, kearney said:

I just want to experiment a bit more.. I usually just drink sparkling wine or white wine... and thought I would try other things..

Some of these bartenders are really skilled mixologists.  I suggest you find a fave bartender, let them know some flavors you like, and let them make different drinks for you and find something new and exciting.  I started drinking "Raspberry Vodka Bay Breeze ( w/ pineapple juice) with a splash of Malibu  (Coconut Rum)" this way. 

12 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Some of these bartenders are really skilled mixologists.  I suggest you find a fave bartender, let them know some flavors you like, and let them make different drinks for you and find something new and exciting.  I started drinking "Raspberry Vodka Bay Breeze ( w/ pineapple juice) with a splash of Malibu  (Coconut Rum)" this way. 

Thanks...sounds interesting. It is funny, back in the 70s I was a cocktail waitress one summer at a place called Alexander's Three in Arlington VA... between college and grad school. I vaguely remember serving drinks like Brandy Alexander.. grass hopper and manhattans  which must have been popular back then...but don't recall ever trying them.. 

Edited by kearney
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, kearney said:

Thanks...sounds interesting. It is funny, back in the 70s I was a cocktail waitress one summer at a place called Alexander's Three in Arlington VA... between college and grad school. I vaguely remember serving drinks like Brandy Alexander.. grass hopper and manhattans  which must have been popular back then...but don't recall ever trying them.. 

grasshoppers have creme de menthe and I think cream in them.  Manhattans are very popular now with whiskey.  Im pretty sure Brandy Alexanders also have cream in them.  I dont think cream is popular in drinks anymore.  Except for Coconut milk in Pina Coladas.  Although.  I do love a Frozen Mudslide made with ice cream.  Yum

21 hours ago, kearney said:

Sure I could do that..or spend the $ on a hotel room on the way down. We are living a reasonably comfortable retirement due to my penny pinching... 🙂  

100% agree. IMO it’s quite rude to imply that $12 pp pd is inconsequential and considering the value of it means you can’t afford celebrity. We also have a reasonably comfortably lifestyle and make a reasonably good income. But I still call billers to inquire about available discounts or ask for a refund if overcharged. I don’t mind paying what something costs for something I enjoy, but see no reason to pay more than something costs. We got the classic package and were able to get all the drinks we enjoyed, except the specialty martinis, on it. And the cost to upgrade a handful of martinis was much less than upgrading to premium. I’m not interested in paying $100+ just to brag that I don’t look at the prices and can get grey goose instead of Smirnoff in my fancy mixed drink.

4 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

100% agree. IMO it’s quite rude to imply that $12 pp pd is inconsequential and considering the value of it means you can’t afford celebrity. We also have a reasonably comfortably lifestyle and make a reasonably good income. But I still call billers to inquire about available discounts or ask for a refund if overcharged. I don’t mind paying what something costs for something I enjoy, but see no reason to pay more than something costs. We got the classic package and were able to get all the drinks we enjoyed, except the specialty martinis, on it. And the cost to upgrade a handful of martinis was much less than upgrading to premium. I’m not interested in paying $100+ just to brag that I don’t look at the prices and can get grey goose instead of Smirnoff in my fancy mixed drink.

Thanks. but I probably shouldn't have responded the way I did. In the case of the drink business. I am more curious than anything. My taste is not sophisticated enough to tell a high priced vodka from a cheap one... Now I do appreciate a quality red wine.. I just wonder what cocktails you can actually get with the provided package.  

1 hour ago, kearney said:

Thanks. but I probably shouldn't have responded the way I did. In the case of the drink business. I am more curious than anything. My taste is not sophisticated enough to tell a high priced vodka from a cheap one... Now I do appreciate a quality red wine.. I just wonder what cocktails you can actually get with the provided package.  

nothing wrong with that. I wasn’t referring to you being rude. It was the poster that you quoted who said that if someone cares about $12 a day they can’t afford celebrity.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:24 AM, Keys Kathy said:

I would pick a bottle up on shore. If you go really early and come back early the table is not set up to take things away from you. 

If the table is there, I just pretend I don't speak English. On the other hand, you can pour it into an empty water bottle and bring it back that way. 

IMO, it doesn't make sense to limit people when they have a premium drink package.

Wondering what other rules you think are there for other people but don't apply to you!  What you are suggesting is not right.  If you don't like the rules, don't sail on their ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Wondering what other rules you think are there for other people but don't apply to you!  What you are suggesting is not right.  If you don't like the rules, don't sail on their ships.

My, my, how high is your horse?

1 hour ago, Sam.Seattle said:

7-up or Ginger ale 

Have you ever tried an Irish whiskey like Jameson with ginger ale? Another option might be a rye whisky like Canadian Club with ginger ale. I found that  I could at least drink both of those on the rocks. I could never do that with 7. Give them a try. Cheers! 🥃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanger727 said:

One should not spend money if they do not appreciate the value.  But I assure you that I enjoy the benefits of the Premium package and it has nothing to do with bragging.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

My, my, how high is your horse?

Following the rules is expected. You sign a contract and you are obligated to follow them.  It seems you feel that you only need to follow them when it suits you.  You apparently feel that following the rules is beneath you,, you are more privileged than the rest,  and the fact you have devised ways of getting away with it somehow makes you smarter and more clever. So who is it that's perched up on that high horse? Really...pretending that you don't understand English to get away with something? Next time you should be denied boarding.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:53 PM, mfs2k said:

Plan B. 
get a plastic cup with lid. Go to a bar and get yourself a baileys up and walk away and pour it into the plastic cup. 
Go to another bar and do the same. 
Go to another bar and do the same. 
Keep doing that until your cup is filled then bring it back to your cabin to drink when you want. 

Oh- now this spells modern luxury. Not. lol. 

I feel for the OP.   I say celebrity needs to look at the list of liquors they sell for consumption in a cabin. 

Happy sailing to the OP. 

25 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Following the rules is expected. You sign a contract and you are obligated to follow them.  It seems you feel that you only need to follow them when it suits you.  You apparently feel that following the rules is beneath you,, you are more privileged than the rest,  and the fact you have devised ways of getting away with it somehow makes you smarter and more clever. So who is it that's perched up on that high horse? Really...pretending that you don't understand English to get away with something? Next time you should be denied boarding.

My goodness Guppy99. Deep breath. 

Your screen name and response made me chuckle since guppies are generally not aggressiveness. They're known as peaceful, sociable fish that make a great addition to a community aquarium. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2OH! said:

My goodness Guppy99. Deep breath. 

Your screen name and response made me chuckle since guppies are generally not aggressiveness. They're known as peaceful, sociable fish that make a great addition to a community aquarium. 

Very true. However, being congenial is not the same as being a doormat for someone who thinks the rules don't apply to them.  As long as everyone obeys the rules, and doesn't think they have some sort of superior rights, them we all get along just fine!

I think your comments are misdirected to the wrong party.

The problem with people not following the really simple rules they agreed to is that companies often respond by coming up with more annoying or intrusive ones, inconveniencing everyone because a few people decide to be clever.

Edited by mayleeman