The Daily for Tuesday November 16, 2021

richwmn

I'm home!  

@Horizon chaser 1957happy belated birthday to your son!  Good to hear you're having fun.

@rafinmdhope they can figure out the pain problem.  Soon!

@Cruising-alongnice photos of your Split visit.  The first thing I think of when I think about Split is how small a world this is.  We were walking along the esplanade there and a group of young people walked towards us.  One of them called out "Go Blue" to me.  I had my Michigan top on and here we were in Split with Michigan fans!  Always fun!  

@lindalerhave a safe trip and enjoy your upcoming cruise.🚢

In honor of the bear parties today I submit my only two bears who look like they're having a good time together.  I won both of these at Busch Gardens Williamsburg at an Oktoberfest event there.  Busch Garden sits right next door to the Anheuser-Busch brewery.  The department heads were having a family fun event that Oktoberfest.  I can't believe my throwing arm back then!  Rings over the bottles champion here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKt1ZbdyYO3kVnus3gH166WUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1599684732

DS is a Michigan grad and DD is an Ohio State grad so these two were my choice of rewards.

Thanks for your photos too @bennybear!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

A few photos from our 2019 visit to Split. It was our last cruise before Covid.

That day we took a tour to the town of Omis and took a riverboat ride through the gorgeous canyons along the river.  The photos really don't do it justice, I remember thinking I'd love to do that tour again!

Omis

1265634423_Omisalley.thumb.jpg.8d591d16c014c15834385196c20a6888.jpg

1520557314_Omistown.jpg.0839e77c070fa69df6f6813d0353be4d.jpg

Where we started the riverboat ride through the canyons

1596854435_riverboatride.jpg.5e1e55ecd4452cdc90c576e969f38bd0.jpg

Can you see the person ziplining?  

1473503655_ziplining.jpg.a8ddde05ad69081a9aaebcfa4705f1e2.jpg

boating.thumb.jpg.1409f0ad5855e53179f59c0b702f9690.jpg

And of course the cats....so many I wished I could take home!

Omis.thumb.jpg.deda6e9a97bc290fa9c7c8b3c6ec8af5.jpg

Omis from Split.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

A few photos from our 2019 visit to Split. It was our last cruise before Covid.

That day we took a tour to the town of Omis and took a riverboat ride through the gorgeous canyons along the river.  The photos really don't do it justice, I remember thinking I'd love to do that tour again!

Omis

1265634423_Omisalley.thumb.jpg.8d591d16c014c15834385196c20a6888.jpg

1520557314_Omistown.jpg.0839e77c070fa69df6f6813d0353be4d.jpg

Where we started the riverboat ride through the canyons

1596854435_riverboatride.jpg.5e1e55ecd4452cdc90c576e969f38bd0.jpg

Can you see the person ziplining?  

1473503655_ziplining.jpg.a8ddde05ad69081a9aaebcfa4705f1e2.jpg

boating.thumb.jpg.1409f0ad5855e53179f59c0b702f9690.jpg

And of course the cats....so many I wished I could take home!

Omis.thumb.jpg.deda6e9a97bc290fa9c7c8b3c6ec8af5.jpg

Omis from Split.jpg

The cat is beautiful.  When we go to San Juan I take a bag of treats to feed the cats.  DH thinks I’m nuts.

• Like 15

More great photos from Croatia Carolyn @Cruising-along!   It's a beautiful country.

Here's the infamous esplanade called the Riva where we crossed paths with a Michigan Wolverine.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIF2xpy-rYIb0PzOZYyn7OI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503946156

A photo of Gregory of Nin, a famous bishop.  He's 28' tall but he looks so much taller due to the angle I took this photo.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJs9yIt8PAYwxLMv-CcI0Rc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503946485

Rubbing his toe is supposed to bring you good luck!

Diocletian's Palace and Peristil Square.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXML-PRaMMdWXHPSO3Trjm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503946385

This is the Oculus, a hole in the roof of the Imperial audience hall of Diocletian's Palace.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISW6IYwO-kWjCEmlewyUwo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503946443

Leaving Split later that day.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJcXNCUy67-tm6AOgE6qbiZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503946554

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKL-KuaKy2A2r9NYtCZyn2a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503946549

It was an awesome stop on our Mediterranean cruise.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The cat is beautiful.  When we go to San Juan I take a bag of treats to feed the cats.  DH thinks I’m nuts.

No, you aren't nuts. 

I think a large part of the reason I love the Med is because of the gorgeous, friendly cats there.  They can be very hard to resist.  Of course the ancient ruins, beautiful scenery, food and weather are pretty nice too. 😉  

Sandi @StLouisCruisersgreat photos!  I agree, Croatia is so beautiful.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Had problems with the internet/Wi-Fi but I think I’m getting the hang of it. 
Took this pic of the Koningsdam while in the spa this morning. Now getting ready for a quick visit in Cabo, just need to wait for all the shorex and early bird folks so I can get a tender. 
3CE2D480-2703-42BA-B353-71D5E241DB17.thumb.jpeg.2a51d70883bc5dfef1b5d03a15980dbf.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon Dailyites.

Good days. A salute to Entrepreneurs. I may have an old stuffed bear to party with, lol. Tolerance is sadly missing these days it seems, in so many people.

Great quote and quite true.

I like the meal, but since I've had chicken the last 2 days, not tonight. The drink looks good, although I'm not too familiar with drinks with gin and how they taste. The wine sounds good too.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for the pictures.

Prayers to those out west in the US and in western Canada who are experiencing flooding.

@rafinmd Oh no, sorry to hear you're in the hospital. Hopefully a short stay. Prayers.

@RSWBADGER @NCTribeFan Bon Voyage!

@*Miss G* Happy Anniversary! 🍾

@grapau27 Prayers for tomorrow.

@lindaler Safe travels.

Prayers for all that need them and cheers to those with something to celebrate.

Stay safe evertibe,

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

No, you aren't nuts. 

I think a large part of the reason I love the Med is because of the gorgeous, friendly cats there.  They can be very hard to resist.  Of course the ancient ruins, beautiful scenery, food and weather are pretty nice too. 😉  

Sandi @StLouisCruisersgreat photos!  I agree, Croatia is so beautiful.

Dubrovnik is a fantastic place.

Homeless cat's are widespread in Europe but so is rabies so please be careful when stroking them.

Graham.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon Dailyites.

Good days. A salute to Entrepreneurs. I may have an old stuffed bear to party with, lol. Tolerance is sadly missing these days it seems, in so many people.

Great quote and quite true.

I like the meal, but since I've had chicken the last 2 days, not tonight. The drink looks good, although I'm not too familiar with drinks with gin and how they taste. The wine sounds good too.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for the pictures.

Prayers to those out west in the US and in western Canada who are experiencing flooding.

@rafinmd Oh no, sorry to hear you're in the hospital. Hopefully a short stay. Prayers.

@RSWBADGER @NCTribeFan Bon Voyage!

@*Miss G* Happy Anniversary! 🍾

@grapau27 Prayers for tomorrow.

@lindaler Safe travels.

Prayers for all that need them and cheers to those with something to celebrate.

Stay safe evertibe,

Thank you Vanessa.

My appointment at the hospital dermatology department is 16.30pm UK time.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dubrovnik is a fantastic place.

Homeless cat's are widespread in Europe but so is rabies so please be careful when stroking them.

Graham.

Thank you Graham.  I'm very careful and actually the cats I've petted (and the ones in these photos) are obviously well cared for by the towns people.  Some belong to shop owners too.  But you're right, we do have to be careful.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Vanessa.

My appointment at the hospital dermatology department is 16.30pm UK time.

Graham.

Good Luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you.  Hope all goes well and it is a quick recovery.

Charlene

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I haven't been on for a while.  Missed all the news.  Not sure where my time has been spent other than with the grands and getting presents to be sent to the Colorado families for Christmas.  Almost done.  Prayers to you Roy.  Hopefully the situation can be taken care of quickly.

Graham, will be thinking about you also for your derm appointment tomorrow.

Our cruise in Sept. didn't go to Split but several other Croatian ports and all were wonderful.  A delightful country and very friendly people.

Cheers to all on the celebration list and prayers to those on the care list.

Stay safe and well everyone.  Cases seem to be on the rise.  We are still vigilant about mask wearing.

• Like 17

Finally getting caught up with the time changes after getting off the Eurodam Sunday. But then another 3 hour change when we head home from our son's house near Atlanta. Not looking forward to the wild PNW weather after a wonderful Atlantic crossing. Wearing masks became such a habit I'd forget to take it off when I got back to our cabin. Menus could use some help but still a great cruise. It was interesting that we didn't have to show our Covid test results going through Customs. I guess the ship wouldn't have let us off if we weren't negative.  Stay well everyone.

• Like 17

Just a quick update on Roy:

He is going to be in hospital overnight at least.  They found some fluid in the place I won’t mention and he is on antibiotics - they are doing testing and may drain the fluid.

He just got moved out of the ER and is in a regular room, thankfully.

In accordance with his wishes I will do my best to update the care & celebration list tomorrow.  I don’t have his rotation list so forgive what gets missed. I have an early appointment tomorrow but will do my best to get it done before I go.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 22

Late to the party today.  Not much is happening other than getting Dad ready for a trip to Oregon so he can celebrate Thanksgiving with a friend, a reschedule from last year when it needed to be cancelled at the last minute.  

Speaking of last year it was one year ago today I had my stroke, it doesn't seem that long, maybe because we remember those type of events like it were yesterday.

We're having beautiful mid-autumn weather, the leaves are mostly off the trees and we're enjoying sunshine after weeks of heavy rain, although the worst of the last two storms seemed to miss us. 

We're cruise shopping again for Alaska, Dad expressed an interest in returning to Skagway, I asked him if he could stand another Alaska itinerary and he seemed okay with it.  But it's all going to depend on the testing hoops we have to jump through, not sure we want to do it all again.

Hope you all are doing well.  Prayers and thoughts of course!

~Bruno 

• Like 18