Princess "Cyber Event" Deals

LACruiser88

37 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I saw comments about 're-faring' versus 're-booking'. Wouldn't that give you better price and preserve EZAir.

Unfortunately my category couldn't be refared but my PVP could (her words) "lift & shift EZAIR") to a new booking. However she works her magic. I'm down $500 + associated taxes, fees, insurance.  Happy 😊 

Okay with losing 100 OBC

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Click on "Cruise Deals" at the top of the Home Page.

Thanks, I just looked at that and did not see anything referring to State. Interestingly, some sites ask for residence state but Princess does not. Not a big deal, our date is Feb 19 2022 so just miss Cyber Date and also Cyber date is not much different from what we already have.

For folks taking advantage of this, is Princess refaring your existing  reservation  or cancelling/rebooking?  My PVP said we would have to rebook. If you have done that and had purchased insurance (not thru Princess) did you contact them to request it be transferred to the new booking, since the booking date would have changed? 

10 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

For folks taking advantage of this, is Princess refaring your existing  reservation  or cancelling/rebooking?  My PVP said we would have to rebook. If you have done that and had purchased insurance (not thru Princess) did you contact them to request it be transferred to the new booking, since the booking date would have changed? 

our PVP said that the "process is different now" and she couldn't just refare.   She offered me a smaller reduction, but to get the full better price, I had to cancel & rebook.   I also had to rebook my EZAir.   If this happens again, I'll ask about the "lift and shift" of EZAir.    

Mary

4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks, I just looked at that and did not see anything referring to State.

Cyber Event appears to be available to residents of all 50 states & Puerto Rico.

The now expired Exclusive Resident offer was limited to these states: California, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia & Washington.

Thanks for prompting me to check the price on my upcoming cruise! Hoping for some advice here, as I've never requested to reprice a reservation before. 

I'm before final payment on a reservation and the price has dropped with with Cyber Event. I'd also be eligible for the Resident offer for even bigger savings, but it expires before I'd be able to get a response from my online TA. On the Princess site it's still live for me (WA) and says I could book the Resident offer with a courtesy hold until 11/22.

Even if I miss the Resident offer, I'll still save money on the Cyber Event and could just wait to hear back from the TA. Any advice on how best to proceed?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Cyber Event appears to be available to residents of all 50 states & Puerto Rico.

The now expired Exclusive Resident offer was limited to these states: California, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia & Washington.

Right, we live in California and I could not see that sale on 11/19, even when clicking Cruise Deals.

17 hours ago, ccqueenanne said:

Thanks for prompting me to check the price on my upcoming cruise! Hoping for some advice here, as I've never requested to reprice a reservation before. 

I'm before final payment on a reservation and the price has dropped with with Cyber Event. I'd also be eligible for the Resident offer for even bigger savings, but it expires before I'd be able to get a response from my online TA. On the Princess site it's still live for me (WA) and says I could book the Resident offer with a courtesy hold until 11/22.

Even if I miss the Resident offer, I'll still save money on the Cyber Event and could just wait to hear back from the TA. Any advice on how best to proceed?

Thanks!

Why not just book online at Princess.com?

2 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

Got a $600 drop on an Alaska July 22 cruisetour 🙂

@Marylovestotravel May I asked why you canceled and rebooked rather than just calling (or having your TA call) and reprice? Just curious 🙂

on the first price drop, my PVP told me that it "works differently now" and they don't just reprice, it must be cancelled and rebooked.    Were you able to keep the same booking (same confirmation #)?

Edited by Mary loves to travel

Ours was funny: it would lower our price by $500 per person, BUT (and this is big) our cruise fare is paid by FCC from cancelled cruises, and the next one after these is AFTER the FCC would expire, so it couldn't be applied to them...we would also lose the $300 per person OBC. 

So, all told, I'd give up the $300 per person OBC and give them back their FCC money and not get to use it? Nope, no way. If I could have found a way to reapply that FCC to the November 2023 cruse, then heck yeah! 🙂

On 11/19/2021 at 6:46 PM, Mary loves to travel said:

our PVP said that the "process is different now" and she couldn't just refare.   She offered me a smaller reduction, but to get the full better price, I had to cancel & rebook.   I also had to rebook my EZAir.   If this happens again, I'll ask about the "lift and shift" of EZAir.    

Mary

We were told the same thing - cancel and rebook.  I was concerned about the slight possibility of losing our cabin - but it all worked out.  We lost the $200 EZAir discount (that in reality we wouldn't ever use) but saved about $400.  We also gained $70 OBC but I have no idea why - I have a feeling they will claw some of that back at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

I don't think so .... same $50 OBC, but maybe it was considered a different promo.

The current Cyber Event is using a different booking fare code than the previous Fall Frenzy fare code.  When the fare code changes, it requires a re-book process. 

• Thanks 2

On 11/23/2021 at 1:19 PM, Mary loves to travel said:

so, I just idly checked prices again, and the cruise I just repriced 4 days ago had dropped another $170 per person.     I immediately cancelled & rebooked, for a total savings of almost $400 per person, compared to just a week ago.    Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you!!!  Since you noted you found more savings I checked and, sure enough, the cruise I repriced last week was even less today for an even better stateroom.  So with repricing twice we have saved over $700 (CAD) and gone from ME (forward) to MA (midship) with no changes to perks or deposit.  So happy!  I have never found savings on a cruise before (and we have done many over the years) so this is really amazing.  CC is such a great forum for information like this.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Thank you!!!  Since you noted you found more savings I checked and, sure enough, the cruise I repriced last week was even less today for an even better stateroom.  So with repricing twice we have saved over $700 (CAD) and gone from ME (forward) to MA (midship) with no changes to perks or deposit.  So happy!  I have never found savings on a cruise before (and we have done many over the years) so this is really amazing.  CC is such a great forum for information like this.

I know, pretty crazy & great, isn't it?

Glad my post helped.    🙂

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 4:54 PM, Mary loves to travel said:

on the first price drop, my PVP told me that it "works differently now" and they don't just reprice, it must be cancelled and rebooked.    Were you able to keep the same booking (same confirmation #)?

Yes--I repriced--same booking number and cabin.

So glad many people are saving so much. 

Edited by Gretchendz
  • Like 1