Covid testing before cruise

NHCRUISIN

you can do it from your smart phone . There have been people that have done it on a cruise I just took on RCCL . I believe Celebrity uses emeds just like royal & with those test you should download the Navica App . Then you would get your results sent within minutes .

I believe there is a Youtube video that shows you how to do it from your phone 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NHCRUISIN said:

We are flying in from New England 2 days before our cruise, I have got our covid tests from Celebrity, it says you need to do it on line, is this something we can do with our phone or are we better off bringing a lap top down ?

There is a thread at the very top of the Celebrity boards with a lot of info on testing.

Tested yesterday with iPad. Used emed. Turn screen landscape or you can’t see all of screen that you need to see. 2 of us completed the process in less than 1 hr. Just remember to log out of emed if doing more than one test. Second person will go into emed separately. Bigger screen is best as they have to see test materials and you at all times. Easier than trying to get to a brick and mortar 

5 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

X website says they will accept PCR or antigen.  It does NOT say the test has to be proctored.  I'm asuming they will accept the Binax Now self-administered test.  Have any of you used that one?

There's no need to share this identical misinformation in multiple threads. See my response to your cross-post in the sticky thread above.

22 hours ago, YoPhilly said:

X website says they will accept PCR or antigen.  It does NOT say the test has to be proctored.  I'm asuming they will accept the Binax Now self-administered test.  Have any of you used that one?

Better double check.  I am pretty sure it does have to be proctored; the ones you can just go in and buy at Walmart or Walgreens are apparently not accepted.

2 hours ago, alfiemom said:

Anyone have any idea about testing after 12/31/21?  We sail on 1/3/22.  I don’t want to have to wait until the end of December to find out we need to test.

I would plan on having to test before your cruise.  If the rules change, I'm sure they'll let you know.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:07 PM, YoPhilly said:

Here is the wording directly from Celebrity…. Testing MUST be a proctored test. See attached under Tests We Do Not Accept.

Binax Now has 2 versions. One sold over the counter at various drug stores (usually 2 tests for roughly $25) that DOES NOT include a Telemed supervision call and would NOT be accepted for boarding. The other version sold through Emed or Optum (2 tests for $69) DOES include the Telemed supervision and IS accepted for boarding. 

E36A3783-9D6A-49CE-8766-262F6431EA52.png

Edited by SeasideMemories

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I would plan on having to test before your cruise.  If the rules change, I'm sure they'll let you know.

Edited to add: Sorry about the wrong quote! It won’t let me change it but was supposed to have been a response to alphiemom’s post.

Testing requirements may or may not continue into 2022 but if I were to bet I would suspect it will continue until the Healthy at Sea Covid-19 Assistance program expires on April 30, 2022.  Obviously I don’t have a crystal ball so just a best guess! 

You definitely have plenty of time but it can’t hurt to research your testing options between now and then!

Edited by SeasideMemories

8 hours ago, alfiemom said:

I wasn’t questioning the testing method - just if the requirement for testing would extend beyond X’s stated 12/31/21 date.  That was the question!

I just posted on our roll call.  But I spoke to Celebrity and they said there might be a chance of no testing required and would  make that call Dec 1 or so.  They would email us.  Looking forward to meeting you

on board.

9 hours ago, alfiemom said:

I wasn’t questioning the testing method - just if the requirement for testing would extend beyond X’s stated 12/31/21 date.  That was the question!

The CDC's conditional sailing order, which includes the 2-day testing recommendation, expires on January 15, 2022. I would expect Celebrity's testing requirement to be in place AT LEAST through that date.

39 minutes ago, RichYak said:

The CDC's conditional sailing order, which includes the 2-day testing recommendation, expires on January 15, 2022. I would expect Celebrity's testing requirement to be in place AT LEAST through that date.

Yes for sure that will be the case.  Take that to the bank.

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

Cutting it close for our 1/22 Apex but the logistics of trying to find somewhere in the US who will test 'foreigners' is driving me mad! 

I wasn’t able to get the test for free when I went to an Urgent MD.  My insurance adjusted the amount I had to pay, though.  I also had to purchase the Binax tests from eMed.  Some people and some places can be tested for free or covered by insurance; I’m not one of them.  I have absolutely no problem adding the cost of the tests to my budgeted cruise price.