Whispering and meandering in the Caribbean Sea - December 2 through December 17

spinnaker2

This morning the butler came in the suite  quietly and set up breakfast.

When we opened the bedroom door, there it was, a bit like Christmas morning after Santa.

Hot coffee, fresh melon and pink grapefruit juice!

We are spoiled.

Another hot and humid day, we are in St Thomas.

From our deck we can see the pax gathering for their tours.

We will stay in our suite and enjoy all the ship has to offer us.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

View from our balcony. A brief shower.

Super great details from Spins about your Caribbean sailing.  Glad that you are enjoying and sharing.  Great pictures!!  Keep enjoying!!

As a college football fan, are you going to be attending in nearby Miami Gardens on Dec. 31 when your UM team comes to the CFP Semifinal Capital One Orange Bowl, No. 3 Georgia vs. No. 2 Michigan at 7:30 p.m., ESPN?  

Been following about your Miami Canes who might be switching college football coaches?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 69,156 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

• Like 1

Nurturing rain to feed the lush island. And then its over and more rainbows.

We can hear the roosters crowing. Dogs barking and an occasional car horn. A man whistling as he sits in his boat fishing.

The hillsides are dotted with tropical hued houses.

The pilots are slowly bringing us in.

Someone yells out "give her time" referring to the Whisper and the dock.

St John's.

20211207_071454_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lovely dinner in La Dame this evening.

Fabulous food!

Glad your experience was lovely. Wish mine had been the same. Not sure if I will dine there again on the second leg. 

• Like 1

Our experience in La Dame.

I had the mushroom soup, which was excellent. A cheese crouton with mushrooms and truffle caviar accompanied the soup.

Husband had foie gras William which he devoured. 

Then he had the mushroom soup.

I had the duck for a main course. The portion was huge. It was perfectly cooked.

Husband had the sole, which was a smaller portion, which meant he could have my duck!

For dessert, the chocolate bombe. This dessert was one the pastry chef used to make for my husband to have every night when we are aboard. We haven’t ordered it in several years, as I learned to make it at home ( confession, I don’t often make it).

Washed down with some HDV Hyde Chard. Yummy.

A lovely meal. 

As the venue is very small, one could hear others exclaiming how much they enjoyed the food. 

• Like 3

First leg of our cruise coming to an end.

But we still must have a covid test today.

To add to the fun, we must have another covid test tomorrow.

We must leave our suite by 8 am and hang out in Panorama or on pool deck until all the suites and areas have been fogged, probably about noon. Then we can return to our suites and must get off to have another test between 2 and 5.

This cruise then is actually fewer days, because most of day 1 was testing and waiting for us, and mid cruise is sequestering and testing and getting on and off.

These are the times we live in now, one must simply get used to it and go with the flow.

We have not been off the ship yet. Too difficult for my spouse. 

Our suite is lovely and we are enjoying it, and only leave infrequently for some meals. This has been terrific for us as we are taken care of by the extraordinarily wonderful crew.

Some might consider us antisocial, but at the moment, this is how it must be.  When we do venture forth there is a lot of maneuvering to be done. 

Some of the crew have asked us, “what happened, we remember you so differently, strong and without mobility issues”. This has been such a great opportunity for my husband, who has welcomed the chance to tell them what happened and why he is now “different”.  I believe it is helping him heal. It is where he is now.

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

We must leave our suite by 8 am and hang out in Panorama or on pool deck until all the suites and areas have been fogged, probably about noon. Then we can return to our suites and must get off to have another test between 2 and 5.

This cruise then is actually fewer days, because most of day 1 was testing and waiting for us, and mid cruise is sequestering and testing and getting on and off.

These are the times we live in now, one must simply get used to it and go with the flow.

Our suite is lovely and we are enjoying it, and only leave infrequently for some meals. This has been terrific for us as we are taken care of by the extraordinarily wonderful crew.

Some might consider us antisocial, but at the moment, this is how it must be.  When we do venture forth there is a lot of maneuvering to be done. 

Some of the crew have asked us, “what happened, we remember you so differently, strong and without mobility issues”. This has been such a great opportunity for my husband, who has welcomed the chance to tell them what happened and why he is now “different”.  I believe it is helping him heal. It is where he is now.

Processing time for your husband is a good thing.   Being away from home,  on a beautiful ship, with his awesome wife and caring staff and being able to try new things are probably providing a more positive outlook for the future!  Hope things go smoothly tomorrow! 🥰

• Like 7

We are sitting in the Panorama waiting for the all clear to return to our suite. 

They served coffee and pastries.

We are not confined to this room but may go to pool deck as well.

Some pax have chosen to go off the vessel on tours.

All things considered not too bad.

We have been told 60 pax getting off and we will be at 290 + when new pax come aboard.

We must get tested again today even though we were tested yesterday. This is a requirement of Barbados not Silversea.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

We enjoyed meeting you and your husband very much and enjoyed our conversation. We hope we see more of you both, but we completely understand why you're in your suite. It's so wonderful that you and your husband can enjoy your vacation so much while also remaining relatively safe and comfortable. 

• Thanks 1

We had to get off the ship and go some distance to be swabbed again. I took the shuttle bus, but a lovely crew gentleman named Junie,  pushed my 6 foot 4 husband in a wheelchair,  a great distance in the beastly heat, going to the swabber and back.

That was amazing. 

The procedure is a little weird, because we did not have to wait for results. We went back to the ship. Keep in mind we have not been off the ship once since Ft. Lauderdale. Granted we have been in contact with those pax who have been off and on. Plus we were tested yesterday. Negative.

Maybe the results will be back before we leave here. If anyone is positive they have already been on the ship whether they are new pax, or returning pax, as of now. 

• Like 1