Whispering and meandering in the Caribbean Sea - December 2 through December 17

spinnaker2

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Stumble,

The two corner tables at the back of the Restaurant are always primo real estate. 

Oh, now we feel special. Jason gave us one of those tables on Spirit. With Monteza on wine duty. Life was good!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

We had to get off the ship and go some distance to be swabbed again. I took the shuttle bus, but a lovely crew gentleman named Junie,  pushed my 6 foot 4 husband in a wheelchair,  a great distance in the beastly heat, going to the swabber and back.

That was amazing. 

The procedure is a little weird, because we did not have to wait for results. We went back to the ship. Keep in mind we have not been off the ship once since Ft. Lauderdale. Granted we have been in contact with those pax who have been off and on. Plus we were tested yesterday. Negative.

Maybe the results will be back before we leave here. If anyone is positive they have already been on the ship whether they are new pax, or returning pax, as of now. 

I thought about y'all and what accommodations the ship might make for your husband. However, I never expected someone might push him to the testing site. Wow! Talk about above and beyond!

I also thought it was odd that we didn't have to wait for our results before returning to the ship. I wasn't very concerned about the in transit passengers, since we all had tested negative the day before, but I was surprised when it seemed the same was true for the new passengers. At least, I think that was the case. I may be mistaken (and I hope I was).

Our results came back in about 30 minutes, so risk wasn't terrible. At the same time, though, neither would have been any inconvenience to wait. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

It’s the Marella Discovery from Valletta

former RCL vision class ship

1830 pax

rock climbing wall and miniature golf course

We looked it up, and that was the Splendor of the Seas when she was with RC.

Funny thing about that.  DW and I are here, on board Whisper, in part to celebrate my birthday. Fifteen years ago (nearly to the day), we sailed on Splendor to celebrate my birthday. So, I've got some birthday history going on here! 

• Like 6

Hi Spins, I am dining in Tarrazza tonight, if you 2 would like to join me, I will be there about 7:15. I know we never ate together last week, so I thought I would ask here for this one😀

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

An observation. During this cruise we have not seen many sea birds.

A few but not many.

Anyone venture a guess or know why?

I've seen them, but they've been sparse. We did see quite a few brown pelicans when we were kayaking last week. 

I've seen less fishing and sailing going on, so I wonder if that has something to do with it. The gulls always flock around those ships for easy pickings. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

not sure where the birds are, but I do find it concerning.

I'd say that unless you know the area you're in well, and have been there at this exact time of year, and know whether there are any storms or shifts in the normal Atlantic wind flow, there's no way to judge if anything is abnormal or worrisome. Sit back and enjoy the view from your balcony, birds or not. 😉

• Like 1