Whispering and meandering in the Caribbean Sea - December 2 through December 17

spinnaker2

3 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Have a great trip Spins. You are also getting some jumpers from the Moon to keep you company.

Aren't they able to just walk? 

Or is someone setting up a zip line? Because that would be magnificent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My wife and I got multiple emails this morning to sign up with “Eurofins My Lab Port” but the email link doesn’t work and going directly to the web site to sign up results in an error message. Frustrating. 

Ive asked my TA to look into it. If I get an answer I’ll let you know. If you find the secret handshake first, please share it! 

Email links will not work.  You have to google Eurofins My Lab Report and go to the site through your browser.  Set up an account using SILWHISPER1 and your email address.  They will send you a temporary password.  Easy from there.

See you onboard.

Good morning, I called SS this morning and was told those emails are for folks outside of the states only and were sent to everyone in error. I got tired of trying to log in and am now sitting at the airport.

My 3 previous cruises did not need any pre registration and so that was a shock to me.

Hi again,  after another call to SS I was told lots of calls are coming in from guests who cannot log in and they said not to worry and check in for the test will be fine at the pier. 

3 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Has anyone heard about needing a QR code to board? I just got an email from my TA that mentioned it but it’s the first I heard about it! 

Hi, got multiple emails from Eurofin and I spoke with SS twice this morning. Was told we could do this at the port. 

7 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Thank you Lois R! We feel better now. I’ll buy you a drink on board! 😄😄

I may call them one more time about it

I just don't get why they are doing this and we never had to pre register before.

1 hour ago, santos949 said:

Email links will not work.  You have to google Eurofins My Lab Report and go to the site through your browser.  Set up an account using SILWHISPER1 and your email address.  They will send you a temporary password.  Easy from there.

See you onboard.

I tried that and it did  not work. Actually I spoke with SS twice today and was told many folks are having issues.

Thanks guys running all that down, Lois. We got the emails and hear went to the website, not thinking anything about it. Well, I guess we're all set up should we ever need it! 

We're at the airport and enjoying our "good luck" Bloody Mary's. See y'all tomorrow! 

20211201_130906.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Thanks guys running all that down, Lois. We got the emails and hear went to the website, not thinking anything about it. Well, I guess we're all set up should we ever need it! 

We're at the airport and enjoying our "good luck" Bloody Mary's. See y'all tomorrow! 

20211201_130906.jpg

Pappadeaux ???

safe travels

After some back and forth with my TA, I got this from them a few minutes ago after she called SS. This aligns with what Lois R posted, which is good news!

As per Silversea you will only need to print you final cruise documents, provide proof of your double COVID vaccination certificate to embark as US Citizens residing in the USA. There is no QR code on the USA COVID certificate as there is on certificates for other countries. 

I will sail aboard the Moon tomorrow. I am now in a hotel in Miami. Arrived from France yesterday afternoon and I have not received anything from Silversea regarding a pre registration for test. I deal directly with SS in London. I have uploaded my COVID certificate long time ago into MySilversea. So I will show up tomorrow at Port Everglades and I hope it will be fine!

• Like 1

Boarding the Silver Whisper today (pending a Covid test!) and getting excited!

American baseball players have ‘walk up’ music that’s playing in the stadium when they walk up to home plate for their turn at bat. We have ‘wake up’ music when our iPhone alarm goes off in the morning. It’s been 680 days since our last ocean cruise. So today’s wake up music was Etta James singing “At Last” 

At last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song

Here’s hoping for a great cruise! 🚢

• Like 4

16 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

I will sail aboard the Moon tomorrow. I am now in a hotel in Miami. Arrived from France yesterday afternoon and I have not received anything from Silversea regarding a pre registration for test. I deal directly with SS in London. I have uploaded my COVID certificate long time ago into MySilversea. So I will show up tomorrow at Port Everglades and I hope it will be fine!

Were you meant to be staying in Miami? Mine (night of 2 Jan) is Fort Lauderdale - though they still dont know what the hotel will be. I spoke yesterday to see if I could get any news. my consultant thinks its likely to be the Marriot Harbor Beach resort, which would be fine.

Interestingly he had no idea of any plans for ours (ie disembarking in Ecuador) and how they would be able to continue, given the seemingly lack of access to Peru and the nigh impossible clearance to Chile if the cruise starts in Guayaquil and all the PCR tests likely needed, especially now.

I have some friends leaving from Atlanta tonight to London, then straight on a eurostar to Lyon. There for 4 nights, then return to London for 2 nights. All hotels and flights paid for or I'm sure they would cancel. PCR test to leave the US and arrive in London - where the UK expects a 2 day PCR and 2 day quarantine until results are known - even though its a transit visit. France also requires now a test on arrival taken within the past 48 hours. Then the UK expects the same coming back on Eurostar and again for Uncle Sam to get back home. That is a logistical nightmare and a step too far.

Hope it goes to plan for you!

In the meantime Spins, have a great holiday both of you and hope its a well rewarding non stressful cruise.

• Like 1