Whispering and meandering in the Caribbean Sea - December 2 through December 17

spinnaker2

Today is St Kitts.

Breakfast in the room early as DH going to a  private session with Hercules the on board trainer.

The session was arranged by the HD, the masterful Jimmy and Begonia of cruise guest relations. 

The crew and officers of the Whisper have gone to great lengths to make DH comfortable!

Amazing group of people.

On the starboard side we face the Crystal Symphony.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

What did you order?

Enjoyed your views of St. Lucia from off shore.  St. Lucia is my favorite Caribbean island.  

This was our second meal in Le Champagne aka La Dame.

Both meals superlative.

Duck breast was meal 1 and sole was meal 2.

Impeccable service as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We can not say enough about the fabulous crew. They have been more than attentive to us. We are grateful for them.

Loving the sea days as we approach the end of this cruise. While we once were able to sit by the pool and imbibe alcoholic beverages and chat or sunbathe for the day, we can no longer do that. Just our season in life now for different things. 

We have not ventured too far from our suite too often. In the past few days it has been a little rough for a guy to manage a contraption with wheels, even though it has brakes, it tends to want to roll too far too fast. 

We did enjoy the final sail away from San Juan with the bottle juggling by the bar staff. Basic fun stuff to watch, nothing too pithy or mind expanding, just another skill set of the talented crew. We have not been to the deck parties or the shows or lectures or demonstrations or trivia. I did not know who the CD was until yesterday, although I have heard his voice. Once I saw him I remembered him from another cruise.

The food has been very good. DH enjoys the sushi for lunch almost every day!

We have not requested any special meals to be prepared by the Chef although we know that has been an option in the past with 24 hours notice. We have been able to find food to our taste and liking from  the available menus. One may order from the Restaurant and have it served course by course in your suite on the Whisper. We have had many meals in our suite, to include breakfast, which is waiting for us every day when we wake up. The best!

• Like 12

On 12/17/2021 at 10:15 AM, spinnaker2 said:

We have arrived home! Hardly seems that we have been gone at all.

Great to hear you are back home, safe and sound.  Maybe rested and relaxed?  Super loved the various pictures, the video, etc.  Wonderful sharing!!  Let us know any added perspectives from sailing under these current conditions, rules, how staff and passengers are adapting and surviving, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

I am still struggling with being back on land. Missing the ship with her gentle rocking,  the sound of the ocean wind as we cut through the waves, the foamy sea spray that washes over the hull, the turquoise wake we leave behind.

Until the next cruise I will try and keep these memories fresh in my mind’s eye and hope they are vivid enough to sustain me!. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Until the next cruise I will try and keep these memories fresh in my mind’s eye and hope they are vivid enough to sustain me!. 

You can do it.  I have had to do so since late January, 2020.  Reading my journals and viewing my photos for the upteenth time helps keep the memories alive.  

• Like 1