Turned away

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Can someone please explain the "science" behind this statement?  RCI will test kids at the pier?  If the kids get a test before showing up at the pier, that may affect the sample taken at the pier?  How? 

Maybe they're afraid their nostrils will be scraped clean at the first test?

6 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Why would you not test on Thursday at your home city?  That's assuming your cruise leaves Saturday.  If it leaves Sunday, then you have all day Saturday, and yes, while it would suck to have to drive back to Orlando, it's at least an option. 

Our cruise leaves on a Sunday. We are considering the Saturday test option. From what I understand the Radisson hotel in Port Canaveral is doing testing up until Dec 2021. We aren't sailing until April 2022 so I'll be checking to see what's available to us then.

7 hours ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

You would get your luggage first as the testing site is pre-security check.  Check the airport you are leaving from.  If they have one, get there earlier than you normally would and get tested.  Other than that, your only hope would be to find a cvs or Walgreens between MCO and Canaveral that does rapid testing.  If one of your kids is under a certain age, they will need a PCR test, and those results may not be available in time to sail.

We leave out of LAX they offer testing but our flight leaves at 7:00am and that's when the testing site opens. Hope to have this all figured out by the time we sail end of April 2022. And yes one of the kids will only be 4.

On 12/2/2021 at 1:53 PM, firefly333 said:

I stayed up until 2 am to schedule first test dec 10th, sailing dec 12. 

CVS allows scheduling 2 weeks in advance.

Hi I see you are a new cc account. Welcome to cc. 

Schedule the rapid test so results come back faster. That's all you need if vaccinated. 

Luckily I have a great little pharmacy here in town where I can schedule a test up to 2 months out. Wonderful folks, 10 minutes tops for both me and my wife together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Our cruise leaves on a Sunday. We are considering the Saturday test option. From what I understand the Radisson hotel in Port Canaveral is doing testing up until Dec 2021. We aren't sailing until April 2022 so I'll be checking to see what's available to us then.

Maybe order the proctored "at home" test kits, bring it with you and do it in the hotel Saturday? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

Luckily I have a great little pharmacy here in town where I can schedule a test up to 2 months out. Wonderful folks, 10 minutes tops for both me and my wife together.

I think the CVS here has been awesome. 3 times so far, 4th in a week. Ok so maybe it took 20 minutes, but I hadnt even had time to drive home. So I'm happy and will keep using them. ..if it's not broke dont fix it.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Sailing       Test (no earlier than)

Sun             Fri

Mon.           Sat

Tue              Sun

Wed             Mon

Thu              Tue

Fri                Wed

Sat               Thu 

That is for vaxx only.  unvaxx are 3 days before

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think the CVS here has been awesome. 3 times so far, 4th in a week. Ok so maybe it took 20 minutes, but I hadnt even had time to drive home. So I'm happy and will keep using them. ..if it's not broke dont fix it.

The local CVS's here have never had appointments available. Same for the Walgreens. Was lucky in finding the other pharmacy and they've been great (even got my booster yesterday when testing for this Saturday's cruise). Glad CVS has worked for you.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We leave out of LAX they offer testing but our flight leaves at 7:00am and that's when the testing site opens. Hope to have this all figured out by the time we sail end of April 2022. And yes one of the kids will only be 4.

@Ashland - protocols are constantly changing.  Things can be totally different in April!

• Like 3

On 12/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, AustinCruise said:

Did you book recently?  Did you book through royal or a TA? And have you checked in yet?

don’t worry, you have plenty of time. If you happen to live in Austin, I have 3 unused proctored tests to do over the internet you can have. They expire 12/18. They were my backup plan. 

If you happen to have any of the proctored tests left, please PM me (your PMs seem to be disabled). Have a cruise next week and having some difficulty getting my daughter scheduled (will have to pull her out of school early which the school frowns on) here in Austin/Bastrop. Looking for a back-up plan as well 😉 Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, RockHoundTX said:

(your PMs seem to be disabled)

PMs are disabled for everyone on CC. You will need to provide Austin with an email address here on the board. To safeguard your privacy, write it out longhand, e.g. RockHoundTX at Whatever dot com.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

PMs are disabled for everyone on CC. You will need to provide Austin with an email address here on the board. To safeguard your privacy, write it out longhand, e.g. RockHoundTX at Whatever dot com.

14 minutes ago, RockHoundTX said:

If you happen to have any of the proctored tests left, please PM me (your PMs seem to be disabled). Have a cruise next week and having some difficulty getting my daughter scheduled (will have to pull her out of school early which the school frowns on) here in Austin/Bastrop. Looking for a back-up plan as well 😉 Thanks. 

You can reach me at scoot.beeper.0c at icloud.com

i did promise the set of 3 to someone, they will let me know today if they still need it. 

Edited by AustinCruise
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 12:49 PM, Dizzypig1478 said:

I was told no at port testing for this cruise. Don’t depend on that. 

We made an appointment at the port for a covid test.  Only by appointment in Miami.  Not sure of other ports.  You must sign up in advance.  Cost about 100 pp  We also purchased the test kits directly from Royal- but I am concerned that we might not do it correctly- so the port appointment is our insurance.  lol

On 12/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, abpplh said:

That is for vaxx only.  unvaxx are 3 days before

say what?... The requirement is for providing a negative covid test administered not more than TWO days prior to sailing........period.

on our August Independence sailing over 200 people were turned away for not having a negative covid test and at that time you were allowed 3 days prior. Now it is 2. We just got off 3 weeks B2B on the Symphony followed by 2 weeks B2B on the Odyssey.

14 minutes ago, spunks said:

say what?... The requirement is for providing a negative covid test administered not more than TWO days prior to sailing........period.

on our August Independence sailing over 200 people were turned away for not having a negative covid test and at that time you were allowed 3 days prior. Now it is 2. We just got off 3 weeks B2B on the Symphony followed by 2 weeks B2B on the Odyssey.

unvaccinated guests are required to have a test between 24 and 72 hours prior to sailing.  Unvaccinated are given longer because it must be a pcr test.

2 hours ago, spunks said:

new rules starting DECEMBER 17.. for unvaccinated kids.  need PCR test 3 days before.  Can’t do antigen and this test must be done 3 days before 

2 hours ago, spunks said:

No, unvax have always had to have their first test 3 days prior

On 12/3/2021 at 8:29 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

any idea how much they charge at mco?  Airports near me charge anywhere from $100 to $200 pp depending on which test.

When I checked in August, the rapid antigen test was $65.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 12:52 PM, RockHoundTX said:

my user name 041 at the g place for mail

I have some tests

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, AustinCruise said:

You can reach me at scoot.beeper.0c at icloud.com

i did promise the set of 3 to someone, they will let me know today if they still need it. 

Huge shout out to AustinCruise. Picked up the tests from him this morning. Super nice guy. This is going to make our lives a ton easier and definitely take a little stress out of the equation. We only need one (or at max, two) so my wife is going to post to the Roll Call if anyone needs the last one. Any we have left, we plan to bring to the ship (and we always have our laptops with us) just in case someone needs a last-minute one before boarding.

It would be really cool if there was a Cruise Critic area prior to pre-boarding where folks with soon-to-be expired tests could drop them off. That could save some-one's cruise that has a "woops" moment and show up with the wrong (or no) test.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 11:52 AM, RockHoundTX said:

Check out curative.com! They have a rapid PCR test and is on the corner of 290 and 360 where the Target is! Super quick and easy with tons of times.