The Daily for Monday December 06, 2021

richwmn

35 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Assuming the results of our tests are in our favor we are sailing on NCL’s Dawn 12/8.  This is our first cruise that isn’t with HAL.  

Have a great cruise. We have sailed several times on NCL Gem, and Jewel and Jade. On the Gem, we sailed on her in the inaugural season from Barcelona and again 2 years ago from Quebec. I will value your opinion when you return. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I know that they have higher categories than penthouse suite.  I am curious what it will be like. 

Interesting!  I wonder what they call them. I can’t imagine anything higher than a penthouse. 😉

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

We are booked at CVS on Friday but I will be nervous about it until it actually happens.  They canceled our appointments out of the blue in October so I don’t yet fully trust them.

Well, I messed up. I have to wait until tomorrow to schedule our appointments at CVS. I forgot that it schedules out 14 days. I have at home tests as a back up but would prefer CVS so it’s all recorded on the MyChart app.   

Let us know your test results. Hoping for a negative for you!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to @rafinmd, @Seasick Sailor, @JazzyV, @*Miss G*, @dfish, @puppycanducruise, @grapau27, @JAM37, and @Sharon in AZfor your kind words and prayers for John and his family.  Also for your caring thoughts for my DMIL.  The warmth of our CC Daily family helps make these events easier to handle.

I also like the new avatar Joy.  So sweet!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@bennybearthank you for your photos too.  I love gardens and the Japanese ones are so meticulous.

Unfortunately, I have heard from Jean, John's wife and she said he passed away Saturday morning.  He is now free of pain and abounding in peace and joy.  If you will just say a prayer for his soul, he can now be removed from the prayer list at that point, @rafinmd.  Thanks to all.

Now, I'm just hoping not to receive more bad news this week.  DMIL has not been waking to eat or drink lately.  This can't go on forever.  She has been in hospice care for a long time now, so we won't be doing any extraordinary measures to keep her here on earth.  Her quality of life hasn't been very good for many months now.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers,so sorry I did not see this earlier.Please add my prayers for John and his wife Jean as well as for DMIL.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dfish said:

Please include my cousin and her family in your prayers.  She had an automobile accident on Saturday and her 10 year old grandson was killed.  From what I can piece together it looks like she was probably at fault for the accident.  That is a hard burden to bear and she has been very fragile where mental health is concerned for most of her life.  

Please let your cousin know she and the family are in our prayers  😢🙏😢

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

@StLouisCruisers I'm adding my prayers for your friend John's soul, and for all those who knew and loved him.

Saying extra prayers for your DMIL that she has a peaceful passing into the next world.

Gerry

45 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers,so sorry I did not see this earlier.Please add my prayers for John and his wife Jean as well as for DMIL.

Thank you both.  Jean would surely appreciate your condolences and prayers.

• Like 10

Hello everyone and thanks for the daily report. Sorry I’m so late today but I didn’t get home from Christmas shopping in Freeport, Maine until a short while ago (see attached video of my train earlier). Nice collection of days,  the quote is funny and thankfully not true for me.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious. I haven’t been to today’s port, thanks for the photos.    Prayers for everyone on today’s list and cheers to all celebrating happy events.  

• Like 17

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@bennybearthank you for your photos too.  I love gardens and the Japanese ones are so meticulous.

Unfortunately, I have heard from Jean, John's wife and she said he passed away Saturday morning.  He is now free of pain and abounding in peace and joy.  If you will just say a prayer for his soul, he can now be removed from the prayer list at that point, @rafinmd.  Thanks to all.

Now, I'm just hoping not to receive more bad news this week.  DMIL has not been waking to eat or drink lately.  This can't go on forever.  She has been in hospice care for a long time now, so we won't be doing any extraordinary measures to keep her here on earth.  Her quality of life hasn't been very good for many months now.

So sorry for your loss @StLouisCruisers Eternal rest grant upon him oh Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

So sorry for your loss @StLouisCruisers Eternal rest grant upon him oh Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. 

Thank you for those kind words.  John will be missed by many.  He led a life of service to others (police officer, psychologist and cleric were his three careers).

• Like 11

Thaks to @richwmnfor the Daily, to @rafinmd for the care and celebration lists, and to everyone who contributes to make the Daily such a friendly place.  Have not visited today's port, it's good to see the photos, thank you to those who posted.

@aliaschiefpleased to know that you and DW are safely home.

@smitty34877is Tana very tired after the  appointments today?

@dfish what a tragic accident, our condolences to your family members.

@Crazy For Catsenjoy the paid upgrade to a Pinnacle Suite,  have a fabulous cruise.

@StLouisCruisersthanks for your update of John, we send our condolences to you and his family.

Hope your DMIL is being kept comfortable.

@Cat in my lap Happy Birthday.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers

Sandi, praying that Jean finds peace and comfort knowing that John’s suffering has ended. My sympathies to all of you. 

I am so sorry that your DMIL’s condition has not improved. Praying that she is not suffering and is pain free. 

Thank you Ann.  She is probably not in pain as far as we know.  I am alarmed though to hear this evening the hospice visitor reported her diastolic blood pressure read 30!  

6 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thaks to @richwmnfor the Daily, to @rafinmd for the care and celebration lists, and to everyone who contributes to make the Daily such a friendly place.  Have not visited today's port, it's good to see the photos, thank you to those who posted.

@aliaschiefpleased to know that you and DW are safely home.

@smitty34877is Tana very tired after the  appointments today?

@dfish what a tragic accident, our condolences to your family members.

@Crazy For Catsenjoy the paid upgrade to a Pinnacle Suite,  have a fabulous cruise.

@StLouisCruisersthanks for your update of John, we send our condolences to you and his family.

Hope your DMIL is being kept comfortable.

@Cat in my lap Happy Birthday.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Thanks for your sympathy for John.  Yes, I hope my DMIL is comfortable, too.  They take good care of her.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am alarmed though to hear this evening the hospice visitor reported her diastolic blood pressure read 30!  

Yikes I would be alarmed also. Sandi, I didn’t realize she was in hospice. Prayers for her for peace and comfort as she goes through this. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, for most of the day I haven’t been able to post or like..  now we are properly ensconced in our hotel in Bellingham I managed to persuade CC to behave and let me in on my iPhone.  @dfish, I’m so sorry about your cousin and her grandson.  Prayers for them both.  Also for Jean and John and @StLouisCruisersDMIL - and of course for Tana.  Happy Birthday to @Cat in my lap , and  happy cruising to @Crazy For Cats.  Great upgrade!

We had no problems crossing the border this afternoon.  The ferry ride from Victoria to the mainland (almost a cruise 😀) was uneventful.  Just about everyone was masked, so we felt pretty safe.  At the border we just showed our Nexus cards and were waved through.  The border guy didn’t even ask if we were vaccinated.  Along the highway there were signs “Welcome back, Canada!  We missed you.”  And “welcome back, eh!”  The lady at the hotel desk thinks Olive Garden is open for dine in, so we will walk over there in the rain for dinner.  We did a bit of shopping at Costco and Bellis Fair on the way to the hotel.  And I dropped off a prescription at Walgreens,  where there was a line of people waiting for their free boosters, some were quite young.  I wish it was as easy to do in Canada!  DD is hoping she will get her “invitation” in January.  

All in all, a successful day, I think.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1