The Daily for Thursday December 16, 2021

richwmn

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

LOVE the gardens!  Just beautiful.  But sorry to hear about the cancellation.  Once we flew from Sydney to LAX and found upon arrival our flight to ATL was cancelled due to an inch of snow here.  Thanks to our cruise line airfare we were at the bottom of the list for rebooking.  They had scheduled us for 33 hours later with nothing else available.  We had to spend the night in a hotel.  Only good thing was we crashed at the hotel and got some sleep.😴

We had a similar situation.  We asked Southwest where we would go "today" since we had bags packed, and then continue on.  They immediately flew us to Las Vegas.  We goofed off there, then headed to our destination two days later.  Lemons from lemonade.

Edited by AncientWanderer
  • Like 19

Good morning, all! Chocolate Covered Anything is a great day! I may celebrate it by dipping some of the candied orange peel I made in chocolate. Reconciliation Day and The Boston Tea Party are both important.

I won’t be having tilapia tonight, because it’s my birthday and DH is taking me out for dinner. No idea what lol order, but I promise you it won’t be tilapia!

Remember back when the The Beatles first sang ‘When I’m 64’? At that time, 64 seemed so old and impossibly far away. Suddenly, 64:is here, but being old still seems far away! LOL

Sending continued strength and prayers for @kazu Jacqui, Jose, and Jose’s medical team; @HimselfFather with COVID, @rafinmdRoy and his treatment, and all else in our Dailyite family needing extra strength right now.

We have not been to today’s port, but look forward to pictures!

Happy Thursday, everyone. I wish tonight’s celebration was in the Pinnacle Grill of a BHB!

BA5E01F1-4817-4BDD-A9DE-D6094B8D695C.thumb.jpeg.60fa6a7388d443abac01dc6d2edd3a46.jpeg

• Like 25

1 minute ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! Chocolate Covered Anything is a great day! I may celebrate it by dipping some of the candied orange peel I made in chocolate. Reconciliation Day and The Boston Tea Party are both important.

I won’t be having tilapia tonight, because it’s my birthday and DH is taking me out for dinner. No idea what lol order, but I promise you it won’t be tilapia!

Remember back when the The Beatles first sang ‘When I’m 64’? At that time, 64 seemed so old and impossibly far away. Suddenly, 64:is here, but being old still seems far away! LOL

Sending continued strength and prayers for @kazu Jacqui, Jose, and Jose’s medical team; @HimselfFather with COVID, @rafinmdRoy and his treatment, and all else in our Dailyite family needing extra strength right now.

Happy Thursday, everyone. I wish tonight’s celebration was in the Pinnacle Grill of a BHB!

BA5E01F1-4817-4BDD-A9DE-D6094B8D695C.thumb.jpeg.60fa6a7388d443abac01dc6d2edd3a46.jpeg

Happy birthday.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  Like the group of days. Do not believe the quote.  We both love Tilapia, don't have it often.  Have not been to today's destination.

Happy to hear from Jacqui.

Prayers and toasts for our list.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask..

In honor of chocolate covered day I have a unique drink to share. It also has today's wine choice.

Chocolate-Covered Cabernet:

Ingredients
3 cups whole milk
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1 cinnamon stick
Pinch of kosher salt
2 cups cabernet sauvignon (or other full-bodied red wine)
4 tablespoons marshmallow topping
4 tablespoons peppermint pieces (optional for garnish)
Steps
Combine in large saucepan: milk, chocolate morsels, cocoa powder, cinnamon stick, and salt. Heat on low 7–8 minutes, stirring continuously, until milk starts to steam but not simmer.
Add wine; continue to cook and stir 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Ladle mixture evenly into 4 coffee mugs; top each with 1 tablespoon marshmallow topping and peppermint pieces, if desired.

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 12.15.04 PM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

7 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Happy Birthday!  Have a wonderful dinner out with DH tonight!🎉🎁🎂

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Happy birthday!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Well, our Ontario Covid numbers a rising at a rapid rate. 1400 cases on Tuesday, 1800 on Wednesday and 2400 today. There is talk of a circuit breaker lockdown to keep the numbers below 5000 not 10000. Not boding well for Christmas gatherings and indeed we have already removed ourselves from one extended family gathering. Not exactly the way any of us want to spend Christmas.  Dh and I, our daughters and families all have 3 shots except for the two 17 year old grandchildren but we are also rethinking how and where we will gather. We make the current limit of 10 if we don’t include SO of the grandchildren. Interesting times. I put in a supply of wine and scotch today before I hunker down for the duration.

Stay well, wash your hands, wear a mask. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I had a long conversation with @kazu last night and she has agreed to let me post on her behalf today.  She is so grateful for the outpouring of love, care, and prayers that everyone has expressed for her and Jose, and asks for continued prayers.  

Thank you, Gerry. 
@kazu Jacqui and Jose are on my heart.  ❤️🙏❤️ 

• Like 20

28 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Happy Birthday Laura! May your new year be filled with laughter, love, great health & a cruise!

D2D8CC7E-92E8-484C-8269-5E0419FF9F12.jpeg.99902f9875f1bb1fc3d27a3e1ab11fe0.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, especially Jacqui and Jose.  

Roy, I hope your treatments are going well.

Prayers also for those affected by the tornados.

We are trying to wind down from the cruise and the long ride home from Miami.  We have decided that this is the last time we drive.  Flying the next time.  Then again, we said that the last time also.

Trying to put all the pieces together after being away for two weeks.

Rich, have a wonderful cruise and thanks for the Daily every day.

God bless to all,

Terri

• Like 24

Good morning and thanks all!   I am sorry I couldn’t like the comments earlier!  Thanks to Gerri for being in contact Jacqui, continued prayers for her and Jose.   
Happy birthday Laura,  chocolate dipped orange peel is one of my absolute favourites. 

Tilapia, uh no,  I have never liked the taste.

We had the good fortune to visit Kanazawa which has one of the top three gardens in Japan, we visited two of them.  But even more delightful was the town of Shirakawa go that we visited on our tour.  

5F68959F-571C-491D-9F5F-7AB5BC862AEF.jpeg

E01783E0-D6D1-402A-8C92-18E61EEA3F29.jpeg

B81EA52D-18B7-4433-9962-48CAAF3B50AB.jpeg

2E558D7F-A2F5-42BA-8C63-4468FC944B40.jpeg

7B91AE22-F9BD-46DA-8D41-1E0647D12584.jpeg

F32C975F-B07D-4DA5-8C1F-6EA4A15A3747.jpeg

FA4A40C0-1757-492A-B144-DA8F2EED89C6.jpeg

975740F2-9DAB-4DAA-BD33-1688107C3AE2.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Joy, I really like the second one in this picture. Can you ask if they will have them next week also?  I’m not sure about sizing. 

Nice towel animal!  We never had one on the Koningsdam. 

I just finished my massage and facial and the booth is gone. I have the 2nd one and the blue one. I'll check later on the way to cocktails before Pinnacle dinner. 

BY THE WAY: (that's my announcement voice..) there is not ONE slot machine left in the Ocean Bar! 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I'll take most chocolate-covered things; a salute to Reconciliation Day and The Boston Tea Party.

Not sure about the quote.

Pass on tilapia (fish). The drink sounds good. Yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Japan. Thanks for the pictures.

It's 63 here today, almost a record high temp. But rain is forecast for later and tomorrow. Thankfully, the antibiotics seem to be doing the trick, and BFF is feeling much better. He wants to cancel his appointment on the 23rd, I think because it's a long drive for me, since he still can't drive. I disagree, but I'll see what he decides.

@rafinmd I think you can take my BFF off the Care list, since he's doing a lot better from the abcess.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, his medical team and you.

@Himself I hope you are ok.

@ger_77 Thank you for relaying news from Jacqui.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels.

@cunnorl I'm glad to hear that your sister is doing ok.

@smitty34877 Where did you go to college in Boston? I was at BU in the 70's.

@Cruising-along Ugh on the airline changes. Lovely photos of the gardens.

@Horizon chaser 1957 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂 Enjoy your dinner out!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone, social distance and wear your mask. I worry that our hospitals are so stretched by the current influx of Covid patients. They are discouraging going to the ER and trying to triage non-emergencies to other venues like urgent care. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Will celebrate Boston Tea Party Day with Robert Lawson's book, Mr. Revere and I, a middle school book published mid 20th century.  DD read it to her children during the pandemic, a bit harsh on the British soldiers, but an interesting point of view revealed by Mr. Revere's horse. Full flight home from Hawaii, unpacking and repacking for a trip to AZ for a Christmas celebration with my mother, her 101st Christmas!  DD and family (from Seattle) will join us, it will be nice to have the oldest and youngest family members together.  

Mr. Revere and I.jpeg

• Like 23

31 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I'll take most chocolate-covered things; a salute to Reconciliation Day and The Boston Tea Party.

Not sure about the quote.

Pass on tilapia (fish). The drink sounds good. Yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Japan. Thanks for the pictures.

It's 63 here today, almost a record high temp. But rain is forecast for later and tomorrow. Thankfully, the antibiotics seem to be doing the trick, and BFF is feeling much better. He wants to cancel his appointment on the 23rd, I think because it's a long drive for me, since he still can't drive. I disagree, but I'll see what he decides.

@rafinmd I think you can take my BFF off the Care list, since he's doing a lot better from the abcess.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, his medical team and you.

@Himself I hope you are ok.

@ger_77 Thank you for relaying news from Jacqui.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels.

@cunnorl I'm glad to hear that your sister is doing ok.

@smitty34877 Where did you go to college in Boston? I was at BU in the 70's.

@Cruising-along Ugh on the airline changes. Lovely photos of the gardens.

@Horizon chaser 1957 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂 Enjoy your dinner out!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone, social distance and wear your mask. I worry that our hospitals are so stretched by the current influx of Covid patients. They are discouraging going to the ER and trying to triage non-emergencies to other venues like urgent care. 

Northeastern  for PT.I worked as a waitress at a few restaurants, maybe we passed each other  on Comm Ave

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Have a very Happy Birthday and enjoy your Dinner.

Jim.

• Like 16