Updated mask protocols for departures through January 5, 2022

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We have been on 5 cruises this year and currently have 9 booked for next year. However, it is getting to the point that we might start cancelling cruises. I don’t mind wearing a mask, but I have no desire to spend the majority of a cruise wearing a mask. If they want to implement a policy that will actually make a difference, require all passengers to have a booster shot. 

How will that make a difference?

Omicron is the magic key to truly getting back to normal.  We should all be happy that by spring omicron will be the dominant variant and the majority of people who get it would never have any reason to suspect they have covid.  Omicron is the portal to treating covid like the common cold.  The question is, will society allow it?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Omicron is the magic key to truly getting back to normal.  We should all be happy that by spring omicron will be the dominant variant and the majority of people who get it would never have any reason to suspect they have covid.  Omicron is the portal to treating covid like the common cold.  The question is, will society allow it?

I think the question is, will government allow it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No we did not agree to these rules when we bought our ticket and agreed to the contract.

That is why you can get a 100% money back  cash credit if you don’t like the protocols.

A refund option only applies if RCCL cancels a cruise. However, if a guest decides to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence Program they will receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cruise fare.

Or.. maybe follow the rules so that the ship doesn't turn into a 'plague ship' ? 

I'm being a bit hyperbolic I know, but Royal's protocols are there to ensure we can keep cruising and to ensure we can dock at ports. This is part of the deal made with the CDC and ports.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, tugboat said:

You don’t need a drink package I glass of water works too just put it up to your mouth don’t inhale oh I mean don’t Drink.

Like most illogical policies, there exist logical ways to 'navigate' them.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, footzz said:

A refund option only applies if RCCL cancels a cruise. However, if a guest decides to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence Program they will receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cruise fare.

Cruise with confidence covers if you simply decide you don't want to go for whatever reason and you get an FCC. A material change to RCI's proticols is covered under a different policy and you are allowed a refund if you don't wish to accept them and comply.

• Like 1

I just hope show's for the NYE sailings are not canceled. And they don't cancel any additional things. We booked this trip to enjoy the ship, not really the ports since we have been to them many times. 

Being in IL and working in a healthcare setting. I basically live in a mask. So that part does not bother me.

Was also ready to book 2 more trip.. Hope we get some massive price drops. 

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Being in IL and working in a healthcare setting. I basically live in a mask. So that part does not bother me.

In Ontario we still have strict mask mandates everywhere so the fact we need to wear masks on the ship is the same thing for us. Its just we're going to get warmer weather and really great food. 🙂

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DHLuCruise said:

In Ontario we still have strict mask mandates everywhere so the fact we need to wear masks on the ship is the same thing for us. Its just we're going to get warmer weather and really great food. 🙂

Well, it will be warmer.😉😇

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I agree with your point to a degree. But like delta, omicron is going to spread like crazy in areas with low vaccination rates and kill a lot of people. It won’t be too far in the future when omicron pushes the number of deaths in the USA to over 1 million. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DHLuCruise said:

That’s a very good point. On the other hand, I live in Florida which is more or less back to normal. Personally it is tough for me to justify going on a cruise with a strict mask mandate when there are countless things I can do back home without having to worry about any COVID related protocols. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Hope we get some massive price drops. 

I'm good with this. The more people who cancel, the lower prices drop. My sept 18 cruise just dropped this week. Sweet. Keep cancelling. I'd prefer lower prices. Doesnt bother me if some cancel. 

I'm hoping for prices with a lower solo supplement again. With capacity going up doesnt seem in the cards. I hear the ship I'm on is booked at 100% next 2 cruises with tons of kids. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree with your point to a degree. But like delta, omicron is going to spread like crazy in areas with low vaccination rates and kill a lot of people. It won’t be too far in the future when omicron pushes the number of deaths in the USA to over 1 million. 

I thought they only documented 1 death with omnicron . True there are more we just dont have the data. Let's wait for data. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm in the same boat, but I assume a different actual boat  😄 .

Who knows if they will actually enforce it.  There was definitely lack of enforcement last week on Anthem.

Oddesey this week same. Virtually no enforcement and packed elevators. They need to get it together quickly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I thought they only documented 1 death with omnicron . True there are more we just dont have the data. Let's wait for data. 

Hopefully the data will show otherwise, but since the beginning of the pandemic positive tests go up, then hospitalizations go up, and finally the death rate goes up. This has been repeated several times and nothing leads me to believe this latest wave will be any different. Of course, I haven’t conducted any scientific studies that say it will happen again. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Cruise with confidence covers if you simply decide you don't want to go for whatever reason and you get an FCC. A material change to RCI's proticols is covered under a different policy and you are allowed a refund if you don't wish to accept them and comply.

I've seen anecdotal statements saying a ‘refund’ will be issued if there was a change in the Covid 19 protocols, but I haven’t seen any official policy changes or announcements that this is the case.

According to RCCL’s website, there are only two options available:

1) If RCCL cancels a cruise due to global suspension of cruising. A 125% Future Cruise Credit is offered. If one declines the higher value Cruise Credit, they can elect to receive a lower value 100% refund of the cruise fare.

2)If the guest requests a cancellation, a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cruise fare is offered that can be used through May 31, 2022.

If you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of an official policy change or announcement regarding cash refunds being issued for a change in Covid 19 protocols it would be greatly appreciated.

10 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Hoping this opens the door for my Royal Up to get accepted with people cancelling now. Lower capacity and a Royal Upgrade? Two good things to possibly come out of this.

Have you checked your price for your next cruise?  I don't know when you booked, but prices are dropping!

17 hours ago, barbeyg said:

We would have seriously had to re-evaluate whether or not to cruise if this had been implemented the week we sailed.  I’m sorry this has happened to those of you who are having to reconsider. It is time for the CDC to release their stranglehold on cruise lines. 

The cruise lines are making these decisions on their own.  They know they can’t survive another shutdown and they are responding to another surge appropriately. 

6 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Not true.  I just received $25K (and more is coming) worth of refunds b/c of vax protocols.  You CAN get cash you just have to fight for it.

Thank you for posting this. I was hoping someone would come here that had an actual experience in this regard. Anyone that knows RCCLis aware that what they say, and what that do can be entirely different scenerios.

Edited by footzz
  • Like 1