Mask Mandate starting 12/18

pilgrimage

5 minutes ago, RJB said:

If this is real then we will cancel our next cruise.  Can't see having to wear a mask all day and all night. 

We did not find it a big problem on Marina in November - wore mask outside of cabin when not eating or drinking (which we always do on Oceania - eat and drink a lot!)

Edited by basor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RJB said:

If this is real then we will cancel our next cruise.  Can't see having to wear a mask all day and all night. 

Do not think it applies to your cabin 😉

Saw reports that Covid could still be here in 2024  so maybe  you will need to get used to masking up

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

At this point exactly what do we know about the OP? Not accusing or anything but how do we know it's not just someone having a windup? 10 posts is not a long career here. 

I wondered too until someone posted this link to Oceania's website:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v23.pdf

It matches exactly what the OP posted.

3 minutes ago, davencl said:

I wondered too until someone posted this link to Oceania's website:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v23.pdf

It matches exactly what the OP posted.

Ok, I apologize to the OP, looks like it's all on the level if it's on their website. 

There is very detailed date, ship and port specific information in the page titled “Travel and entry requirements“

It seems very specific and clear to me.  I will enjoy my cruise regardless, it’s no different than what I do every day, wearing a mask indoors where strangers are present.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/Travel-Requirements-December-January-Insigna-Sierna-Marina-Riviera.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, makai 7 said:

There is very detailed date, ship and port specific information in the page titled “Travel and entry requirements“

It seems very specific and clear to me.  I will enjoy my cruise regardless, it’s no different than what I do every day, wearing a mask indoors where strangers are present.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/Travel-Requirements-December-January-Insigna-Sierna-Marina-Riviera.pdf

Following the link from the Oceania website no longer goes to this document.  It goes to the previous one.   I expect a revised version out on monday.

Either by design or ignorance Oceania communication is ambiguous or just flat contradictory.  The PDF pages are neither date-stamped or page numbered. And the hyperlinks point to different webpages! If the folks drafting and finalized this work product worked for me they would be fired!  

@davencl Because of that, it is difficult to tell what document to which you refer. v#22 doesn't address the mask issues/mandate.  v#23 does.  But the hyper link to oceancruises.com/health  goes to v#22 (Dec09) - not v#23 (Dec17)

@makai 7 The hyperlink you copied does match the v#23. But because of the use of a poor hyperlink file address the info could be changed without a notification, isn't date specific, and/or might contain an edit update. 

Again, the Gang that can't shoot straight.

10 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

They cannot apply it to people already on board. Only to new sailings with adequate heads up. We would definitely be canceling if the masks on policy was in affect. 

LOL

Read you T&Cs and Ticket Contract. The ship’s master can make any rule to ensure safety.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

At this point exactly what do we know about the OP? Not accusing or anything but how do we know it's not just someone having a windup? 10 posts is not a long career here. 

What do we know about anybody on this board?  Is there a minimum post count before you can do anything besides ask the same questions over and over (and over) again?  I'm sailing on 12/23, and I received the email as mentioned.  I thought it would be useful info for anyone who cares one way or the other and didn't receive it or bother to read the changed policy.  As mentioned by others, the policy was also posted on the O website.  Maybe it will change, who knows about anything these days?

• Like 5

My 2 cents; COVID is now endemic and that's a good thing ( see South Africa; Israel data). Early data is showing the omicron variant is extremely mild and more like a cold to those who are VACCINATED. We don't panic and shut down from the flu or the common cold and I believe as more data comes in there will be no justification for continued mask wearing among vaccinated people. Since O requires everyone to be vaccinated......

Edited by Aloha 1
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, pilgrimage said:

What do we know about anybody on this board?  Is there a minimum post count before you can do anything besides ask the same questions over and over (and over) again?  I'm sailing on 12/23, and I received the email as mentioned.  I thought it would be useful info for anyone who cares one way or the other and didn't receive it or bother to read the changed policy.  As mentioned by others, the policy was also posted on the O website.  Maybe it will change, who knows about anything these days?

Well said.  Sometimes people bring out the old "use the search".

CC continues to have the worst search tool I have ever seen.  I say post away.  To me it's about getting info from those who know. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Nymich
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Well said.  Sometimes people bring out the old "use the search".

CC continues to have the worst search tool I have ever seen.  I say post away.  To me it's about getting info from those who know. Enjoy your cruise!

Actually it works great if you understand Boolean searching.

4 hours ago, basor said:

Seems like a really good idea for you.......Oceania has not been doing anything that has made you happy for the last 18 monts.  Sounds like Celebrity is a much better fit for you with no rules...

=X= has plenty of rules, believe me.  We just got off Reflection last weekend.  RCCL just implemented the mask mandate but I see nothing yet for =X=.  It's probably coming.

16 minutes ago, marieps said:

=X= has plenty of rules, believe me.  We just got off Reflection last weekend.  RCCL just implemented the mask mandate but I see nothing yet for =X=.  It's probably coming.

Today's headlines on Cruise Industry News include:  "Carnival Cruise Line: Masks Now Required Through January," "Royal Caribbean Tightens Onboard Protocols; Requiring Indoor Masks," and "Norwegian Cruise Line to Require Masks Aboard"

These are about the megaship marques of each company, but it seems likely (to me) that each company's smaller-ship marques will follow with some kind of tightening. 

If masking is your 'deal breaker,' you won't be sailing anywhere in the near future.  But many of us will be – and glad to have your cabin!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Personally I have no problem wearing a mask while walking to my my table in a restaurant. But wearing a mask outside makes zero sense.

We will be cancelling our O reservations if this policy will indeed will be implemented. If enough people do the same, they might reconsider.

Even Canada that has one of the most strict restrictions has never required masks outside. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ak1004 said:

They cannot apply it to people already on board. Only to new sailings with adequate heads up. We would definitely be canceling if the masks on policy was in affect. 

Why not?

We have mask on policy here in Ontario & now limited occupancy in places again ..are you leaving Ontario because of the new rules?