Mulled wine & musings from Mariner

flossie009

We toured 'Old Town' Panama City in mid-November, when the Explorer was docked in Colon. At that time there was a Norwegian cruise ship that was anchored on the Pacific side, near the entrance to the Canal. We were told it had been there for some time. Just curious if you happened to notice if it was still there?

16 hours ago, Anchorbuoy said:

Can you share the list of other personnel onboard ?

Sorry, Jim, I do not have a list. A few from memory:

Odul is Exec Concierge

Cruise Consultant is a lovely Mexican lady

Robert is Internet Manager

Andy & Tammy Heath look after entertainment

Douglas is the Restaurant Manager

Dominic is Maitre D in P7

Dennis is in Compass Rose

Jessica is a Sommelier

Mario is in the bar

Hopefully others will fill in many many more familiar names that I have missed

20 hours ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

Who is the head Sommelier on Mariner now?

I think it is Emiliano

13 hours ago, RachelG said:

I believe Daniela is the F &B manager onboard

No, I don’t think Daniela is F&B on Mariner. As @Kwaj girl says I thought the Daniela who started as an excellent Sommelier and was promoted to F&B moved to Corporate pre pandemic.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sailor Sam 407 said:

At that time there was a Norwegian cruise ship that was anchored on the Pacific side, near the entrance to the Canal. We were told it had been there for some time. Just curious if you happened to notice if it was still there?

The only cruise ship we spotted off Panama City was Silversea, and I see that Silver Moon is transiting the canal towards the Atlantic today.

The website Marine Traffic is a good resource for spotting the position of ships worldwide.

According to photos, everyone is wearing masks. Great job people! I hate it when I come to a place and only the place's empoyees wear masks and gloves while everyone else is just sitting there as if nothing is happening!

Merry Christmas everyone! Stay Healthy, Stay Strong ! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

According to photos, everyone is wearing masks. Great job people! I hate it when I come to a place and only the place's empoyees wear masks and gloves while everyone else is just sitting there as if nothing is happening!

Merry Christmas everyone! Stay Healthy, Stay Strong ! 

Something is happening...we're all having fun onboard!  No one is sitting around in panic...worrying about whether we're going to still be alive for dinner tonight!  I'm now off to smoke an afternoon cigar and have a couple of "Rusty Nails" in the Connoisseur Club...That's probably more risky behavior than walking around this ship (with everyone fully vaccinated) without a mask on!  Regards   🤪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

With an abundance of caution David has moved on to an Apple Martini

17FEC245-CF01-4D03-95BB-7971891DF839.thumb.jpeg.9786d6fb159012c61cd196c19957b452.jpeg

an Apple a day keeps the Doctor away

😉 😋 🤣

My wife outlawed Martini's 25 years ago ☹️.. "Loudmouth Soup" she said..  I don't think I've ever seen a cherry in a Martini.  "In and out" is how I preferred them,  put the vermouth in the shaker swirl it around around throw it out..

• Like 1

Something I forgot to mention earlier.

Prior to Mariner returning to service she had a lick of paint and all the teak decking on the Pool Deck was renewed.
From memory this was the work that could not be completed during her 2018 dry dock refurb due to inclement weather.

Decking looks very smart.

1FB20F7B-E651-4D67-AF0E-AA1907B65B29.thumb.jpeg.0f9d34bd2dca02cdb7f5bc540990bf13.jpeg

This was confirmed by the Captain during his welcome address early in the cruise

PS: Everyone was very impressed with the Captain’s socks during the Formal Optional night; one red and one green, apparently as an aid to navigation 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1