Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay

Noordam Anchorage

La Paz MX

Westerdam Anchorage

1221World.thumb.png.f85ad7eb592b9b1bc5670304cf5516fb.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 11

Rich! You are nearly here! Hearing of our Daily-ites gathering makes me so happy!

Prayers going up for Roy, Jacqui, Jose, Bruno's Dad and all traveling to Fort Lauderdale for our cruise.

It's a beautiful morning.  Smooth seas, a stunning sunrise. Our balcony is so quiet you'd never know anyone else is onboard. 

I wanted to note we are on the bump out, assuming under Canelletto. A very tiny canopy overhead.  We love it! I was nervous not having the cover, but it's perfect for us! 

Another cup of coffee is calling. See y'all soon! Xx

• Like 33

Good morning everyone and thanks for the report Rich. Enjoy your time in Ft. Lauderdale and bon voyage!  I’ve never been good with crossword puzzles.  Thanks for all that our forefathers have provided us.  I know some people that are humbugs this year and I feel sad for them.  Interesting quote today.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious as does the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port and hope to enjoy some nice photos today.  Prayers for everyone on the list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events, I hope there are many.  Winter begins today at 10:59 am.

• Like 23

Hello all Dailyites...last day of 'in-office' work for me today, then a stretch of vacation through Christmas with my daughter and her husband in VA - we head down tomorrow.  I'll still be logging in to work for emergencies, then working from home when we return next week (the last day of the year is always busy for us financial folks!!).

Sending love and care to those who need it...celebrating those who have good things happening.  Have a great day everyone

• Like 28

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  A salute to our forefathers, humbug on the humbugers, and I prefer Sudoku to Crosswords.  Funny quote from Hoover.  I'll pass on the Spanish Chicken.  Have been to Israel but not Hafiz.  A cold morning here, just got back from defrosting the windshield before heading out to Radiation.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Himself with Covid
Welfare of furloughed crews
Aliaschief losing his sister
Strength for Atexsix and healing for his father
Seasick Sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice
Recoveru for StLouisCruisers Niece DH after throat cancer surgeru
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Mamaofami’s grandsons exposed to Covid
Grapau27 pre-MOSE Covid test
From the rotation:
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
My travel agent recovering from esophageal blockage
Tana’s continuing struggles
summer slope BCC surgery in February

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Baby steps for Jose
5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
2 days for Zuiderdam
2 days for Ichib an Nekko (Nieuw Amsterdam to 1/8)
1 days for Rich and Sharon, garlicgtown and Av8tix (1/9)  (Rotterdam to 2 Jan)
Lindaler (2 Jan) and Seasick Sailor(Rotterdam to 1/16) ,  NCTribeFan and JAM37 (NA to 12/23) at sea
Welcome to Florida, Rich
Happy Birthday highland cruiser DH
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12

33 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Greetings from Fort Lauderdale and a lazy day before boarding Rotterdam tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day!

Rich

I was hoping you would introduce today’s Daily with “On location…”😎

Enjoy your day. Hope the weather down there is better than what is up here. 

• Like 20
  • Haha 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Cruise Critic is still acting up for me.  I was on earlier this morning, no problems.🙂  I went off to do some other things and when I clicked on this thread, I could not post, had to log out and log back in again.  Hope it works now.

Love crossword puzzles (and sudoku too).  This is the day to get that humbug out of your system.  A salute to our forefathers, we wouldn't be here without them.

Funny quote.

The meal sounds good but we had chicken last night.  I'm sure the drink and the wine will be tasty too.

Have a great cruise Rich.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 26

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Possibly rethinking our 2023 cruise to Greenland on Carnival. We jumped on it as we are only three hours from Baltimore, plus the first one sold out so they added the second one that we booked. But there is a live thread right now on the Carnival Legend and I have to admit I am not impressed. Plenty of time though to make a decision.

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is 35°F and cloudy.

I am due for my pre-op covid swab in 15 minutes.

I rarely do crosswords.

Nice meal of the day.

Nice wine although I prefer the New Zealand SB.

Never been to Israel so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 26

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I've never been a fan of crosswords; I always tell people I don't know enough words to do them.  LOL   Gratitude goes out to our forefathers and our foremothers as well, for without them, well, you know.  One can take the humbug day two ways - that of the curmudgeon Scrooge, or the sweet candy.  I prefer the candy, thanks.

@richwmn I'm excited knowing you are where you are, and that you'll be boarding a BHB tomorrow.  I won't be able to watch sail-away as we'll be on the road, but wish you a wonderful cruise!

Yesterday was a very productive day; finished the baking, cleaned the kitchen, wrapped the remaining gifts and packed them into boxes for the car, got my nails done, and managed to get a couple of loads of laundry done.  Today will be busy getting our things packed, making sure Sochi has enough food on hand for the neighbour to come in and feed her, and generally getting the house ready for our departure.  Oh, and I picked up a t-shirt yesterday that really spoke to me; it says:

Underestimate me,

That'll be fun . . .

With all the sweets we're bringing with us to Calgary, I know we'll also be eating healthy with salads, etc., as our DDIL loves salads.  Here's DH's idea of eating healthy:

1110863521_EatHealthy.thumb.jpg.19c37e517a5b5dc44d415efa51432cb9.jpg

The fridge is looking pretty clean right now, so that means I'm taking the day off from cooking.  It'll be sandwiches for lunch, and dinner will be burgers that DH will go out and pick up for us for tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose, and knowledge for his medical team.  Also saying extra prayers for those who have experienced loss at this time of year.  We'll clink the wine glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, wash your hands, be safe, wear your masks, get your boosters, and stay warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 32

Well I got to post my earlier post via my iPad. But the gremlins did not like my post, so they forced me to my phone. 

Today is get the house back in order day. Bindi keeps checking the “guest wing” wondering where our visitors are. Or perhaps thinking what lazy heads they are. 

Jacqui, it was wonderful of you to take the time to share an update. And I am not surprised to learn that @kazu has angels helping her & Jose. Angels tend to flock together. I won’t stop praying. Please be sure to take care of yourself too!

Morning Rich, Roy, Dixie & Debbie and the Dailyite family. Rain here. But then it brightens up for the rest of the week here. 

A couple smiles….

A91F1F96-B516-46B6-8C86-3C054E510C64.jpeg.14117019583c50304d225d6ffd5a273c.jpeg 

21981DEC-EF6B-4280-B3A3-D7F323F3D5C2.jpeg.d00f77c23605514c58cf625436f652c4.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Stay well everyone!

Errazuriz Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc

I love how much I have learned about wine! Here is a dessert Sauvignon Blanc! Didn’t find too many reviews, but consumers like it and have given it a very good rating. I used the 2018 info because it offered the best price for a full bottle - $13.43. Lots of great prices for a half bottle. 
Origin: Casablanca Valley
Composition: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Alcohol: 12% v/v
pH: 3,17
Total Acidity: 7,62 g/l
Residual Sugar: 100 g/l
Ageing: 10 months in French oak barrels of second and third use
Winemaker’s Notes:
Beautiful yellow gold color. Intense aromas of honey, ripe apricots, almonds and citrus. In consistency with the nose, aromas of ripe fruits with fresh citrus notes stand out in the mouth. It is a round wine, creamy and very long, very well balanced by a refreshing acidity.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 7

Good morning everyone. It’s 28degrees  here and cold. I hate winter and would much rather be in Florida. Today both my grandsons who were exposed will take covid tests. Yesterday the college boy tested negative on the rapid test but today they will take the regular one.

There are so many .people on the care list. Prayers for all of them.

Stay safe everyone. Happy sailingbRich,

Carol

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I've never been a fan of crosswords; I always tell people I don't know enough words to do them.  LOL   Gratitude goes out to our forefathers and our foremothers as well, for without them, well, you know.  One can take the humbug day two ways - that of the curmudgeon Scrooge, or the sweet candy.  I prefer the candy, thanks.

@richwmn I'm excited knowing you are where you are, and that you'll be boarding a BHB tomorrow.  I won't be able to watch sail-away as we'll be on the road, but wish you a wonderful cruise!

Yesterday was a very productive day; finished the baking, cleaned the kitchen, wrapped the remaining gifts and packed them into boxes for the car, got my nails done, and managed to get a couple of loads of laundry done.  Today will be busy getting our things packed, making sure Sochi has enough food on hand for the neighbour to come in and feed her, and generally getting the house ready for our departure.  Oh, and I picked up a t-shirt yesterday that really spoke to me; it says:

Underestimate me,

That'll be fun . . .

With all the sweets we're bringing with us to Calgary, I know we'll also be eating healthy with salads, etc., as our DDIL loves salads.  Here's DH's idea of eating healthy:

1110863521_EatHealthy.thumb.jpg.19c37e517a5b5dc44d415efa51432cb9.jpg

The fridge is looking pretty clean right now, so that means I'm taking the day off from cooking.  It'll be sandwiches for lunch, and dinner will be burgers that DH will go out and pick up for us for tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose, and knowledge for his medical team.  Also saying extra prayers for those who have experienced loss at this time of year.  We'll clink the wine glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, wash your hands, be safe, wear your masks, get your boosters, and stay warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Safe travels, Gerry!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  We are having leftover smoky Spanish chicken tonight for dinner. I add extra vegetables to mine and serve it over cauliflower rice for a healthier meal.  I lived in Haifa almost 45 years ago. I loved the city on its many levels. We regularly ate hummus at a little restaurant attached to a gas station.  It was rumored to have the best in the city.  It’s been 42 years since I was back for a visit.  I don’t think I would recognize Haifa with all of its changes.  

• Like 29

Good morning friends!  Fingers crossed and prayers said that Graham @grapau27's test comes out negative.  Gerry @ger_77have a safe trip and a joyous holiday with your family!  Rich @richwmnenjoy your cruise and thanks for posting the Daily even though you're not at home sitting at your desk with strong wifi. 😉 We appreciate the extra effort!  Roy @rafinmdmany thanks for the list keeping.  Prayers for all and for yourself at your radiation treatment.  I hope they are almost over with.  I heard from my twin that the doctors took a little more than expected from the tumor area and a lymph node on her son-in-law.  He may be in the hospital a little longer than planned.  I think he was supposed to be home by Christmas but who knows now.  Thanks for all the prayers for him.

I like crossword puzzles but am not very good at them.  I very much appreciate our forefathers.  Boo to the humbuggers!  And the quote.  What does that mean?  Too early for me to ponder it.  I'll have to wait to see what Debbie @dfishhas in store for us today.  And yes, I've been to Haifa.  We would love to go back because there is so much to learn and think about when seeing Israel.

Today I have an afternoon hair appointment.  We are still thinking of new items we need to include on our list for taking to DD's house in Cincinnati for our family Christmas get together.  Yesterday dinner rolls were unavailable at the two stores we shopped at for groceries so I will stop at the store next to my hair salon this afternoon and see if they have any.  I wish I had Gerry's skill at baking rolls!

Something interesting happened yesterday.  DD who is home for Christmas break from her teaching duties, was on her computer when an email popped up from Walmart confirming her order.  What order, she thought.  It was a couple of minor items but they totaled $125.  She checked her credit card and there was a pending charge for that amount.  Since she and her DH hadn't ordered anything she cancelled the order immediately (thank goodness they had that option on the original email).  Then they called the bank and cancelled her credit card account.  After that they went onto her Walmart account and found an $898 X-box on her wish list ready for someone to order using her stored credit card.  Her Walmart account had been hacked and they had made the first purchase using her stored credit card.  The X-box would have been next.  She changed her password and hopefully that person won't be able to hack into her account anymore.  The original order was going to go to a woman in Michigan.  Thank goodness DD was there when the email came in because when she's at school she sometimes doesn't check her email all day long.  Within 4 minutes she had cancelled the order and was calling the bank to cancel her card.  Be on the lookout for thieves like this especially during the busy holiday season.  Bah humbug to all the thieves and hackers!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10

I keep meaning to mention this… I could have sworn Sabine walked by me (towards the terminal) on the gangway and said good morning as we boarded the Nieuw Statendam last Sunday.  I checked the top officers list on the TV but someone else was Staff Captain.  Perhaps she was onboard in some other capacity or maybe has a doppelgänger?  Anywho… it caught my attention.

I have no clue what today’s quote means.

I love a good Sea Breeze, but possibly not the kind you drink.

Yesterday was a ton of laundry and folding and shopping and sorting.  Dropped off my covid test to UPS and boy was it packed in there.  Looks like I got in under the wire because they’ve cut off testing over the holidays.  I wonder if this means the results will take longer to receive?  I hope not.

Today I pack and begin the first half of my journey to Canada.  Hoping the test results come in before I leave so I can cancel if necessary.  I don’t like driving through the mountains at night, though, because the deer are always a danger, so I always time my arrival for before sundown.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all who have lost a loved one, all who are unwell and battling disease, and all who are traveling during the holiday season.  Special prayers for  all the caregivers and health professionals for peace, understanding from others, and for their protection.  It is an enormous task they have undertaken and the toll can be harsh.

And, finally, Bon Voyage and happy cruising to all who are on, or are boarding, a BHB!  May you have a safe and joyful sailing!!  ️ 

(Darned CC won’t let me upload pics. 😡)

Ugh.  And now it’s lost my post.  Let’s try this again.

• Like 28

Good Tuesday morning.  I don't understand the quote.  Will pass on the meal.

We've been under a tornado watch here until 10am.  It's the end of December and in Florida....scary weather all around the world.

Prayers, virtual hugs, and toasts to everyone.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Sea Breeze:

A Sea Breeze is a cocktail containing vodka with cranberry juice and grapefruit juice. The cocktail is usually consumed during summer months. The drink may be shaken in order to create a foamy surface. It is considered an IBA Official Cocktail. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Vodka
Ingredients: 1 1/3 oz Vodka, 1 oz Grapefruit juice, 4 oz Cranberry juice
Preparation: Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedge.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Lime slice
Drinkware: Highball glass

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.38.24 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7

Good morning everyone.

Continued prayers for @kazu Jacqui and Jose, as well as @Himself.  Not much planned here except cleaning house and doing laundry so I can pack to go to Michigan.  I like to come home to a clean house.

There seems to be a glitch in the food department.   Creamy paprika pork was listed twice and now we seem to be a day behind.   We had the Smoky Spanish Chicken yesterday.  On my list for today is Barley Risotto and Beef Stroganoff.  I could find only one version of a recipe for both of those elements of the dinner.   

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/barley-risotto-and-beef-stroganoff/

Barley-Risotto-and-Beef-Stroganoff_EXPS_THFM17_198746_C09_21_3b-3.jpg.6fe17ba77c954b4cd06a1a35e5f63f6b.jpg

This next one is a really different stroganoff served over barley.   I don't know, but I think I would stick with Mom's recipe and put it over the noodles or zoodles.    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/beef-stroganoff-2726238

890993898_BarleyandBeefStroganoff.jpeg.405df0f4127867f73c88f1b3ed1fd198.jpeg

Here's a great stroganoff recipe that you can put over noodles, rice or whatever you choose:   https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/easy-beef-stroganoff-recipe/

320891965_BeefStroganoff.thumb.jpg.69c739fe0770b8972b1c5cb56a290104.jpg

And here's a recipe for the barley risotto.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/barley-risotto/

Barley-Risotto_EXPS_FT19_38044_F_0924_1-3.jpg.bdf7ab21d7ab83504008a035d3a0677d.jpg

Enjoy everyone and I hope @richwmn is enjoying his time in Florida before boarding the BHB.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6