The Cancel Or Cruise, No Judgement Zone, Thread.

Guindalf

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What mask mandate? We’re on the Connie right now and we are unaware of any mask mandate.

There have been reports from passengers boarding today that they are being notified that masks are required.  It isn’t clear if this will apply to all ships or for how long the requirement will be in place.  There is a thread from the Reflection but the link won’t post

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

See post #27. There is reporting of cases in the hundreds, but whether you choose to believe the reporting is a different issue.

If you read that article, it seems the multiple accounts all really point to one person painting a not-so-Rosy picture on Harmony. Screen caps of CC posts by one person on the RCL board, tweets by a person with a very similar name as that CC handle, and other people parroting those CC posts and tweets.

Edited by RichYak
Grammar
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, RichYak said:

If you read that article, it seems the multiple accounts all really point to one person painting a not-so-Rosy picture on Harmony. Screen caps of CC posts by one person on the RCL board, tweets by a person with a very similar name as that CC handle, and other people parroting those CC posts and tweets.

As I said, whether you believe the reporting is another issue. 😇

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I think she is looking for her 15 minutes of fame. 

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

My next cruise is on the Wonder of the Seas March, 24th, and we have evry intention of  being on her.

Your glass is half full.  As things stand, maybe we will all reach herd immunity quicker, as Omicron blows through and we all move forward...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As I said, whether you believe the reporting is another issue. 😇

I shouldn't have referred to it as an article, it's really just a blog post. That said, news media is not all that much more reliable.

9 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I think she is looking for her 15 minutes of fame. 

She's getting it. I believe she wrote that she was being interviewed by multiple news outlets tonight.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zwallace said:

We went back and forth on whether to sail on the 11 day cruise to the ABC Islands tomorrow. When they canceled Key West I almost canceled but didn't. We originally booked an Aqua cabin which would've been new for us. Then I was able to snag a corner aft which we've never had either so we gave up the Aqua cabin for the bigger room and huge balcony. Then came Omicron and canceled flights everywhere. At the end of the day we decided to risk it all and here we are in Tampa. Flights were not canceled,  covid tests were negative and who knows what the future holds? We are 65 and 70, in good health for our ages, and we don't want to live in fear until we die. I think there will be more variants, likely more serious  than Omicron, so we're cruising now, while we still can. If we sail the Caribbean for 11 days without getting off the ship, it still beats sitting in the house in Missouri in the cold winter. To each their own. 

Enjoy your corner balcony which will be beautiful even if you never leave the ship.

• Thanks 1

January 22, 2022 Celebrity Apex

Undecided at this time and will decide by the 15th

Booked on Edge, November, 2022

Was on Viking Star Dec. 10 - 24, 2021.  Wonderful COVID protocols. 

Silhouette 1/4/22. Tested and chilling in hotel tomorrow.  Also booked on Apex 1/15/22.  Will see how first one goes and then decide about 2nd leg.  I really think it’s up to us cruisers to prove that cruising could be safe during this time.  Hopefully we all are boarding testing negative, with no signs of illness and are all up to date on our shots.  If the numbers are low on the ship there should be plenty of area to space out. Will it be the social atmosphere we gave been accustomed to?  No probably not.  But with everyone doing their part to keep themselves and the rest of our cruise family safe, maybe we can all have a enjoyable vacation! 😀  Bon Voyage 

• Like 3

We re-evaluated and canceled Jan. 9th on Equinox.  Rolling FCC into Spring Break cruise.  Think there needs to be a rebalancing of protocols due to something that isn’t stopped by the vaccine.  Will be booking a beach TBD this week instead.  Best of luck to everyone.

19 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Guindalf, thank you for starting this thread.  Great idea.

Date of sailing:  April 23, 2022

Cancel or Cruise:  Undecided as of now.  Waiting to see what happens with Omicron.

Rebooked or not? If we cancel before FP Jan 23, we will not rebook.

Comment on why you made the decision  We may ask Celebrity if they would extend the FP date for another month or so.  In these uncertain times I think asking for FP 90 days before the cruise is asking for cancellations.

Final payment for our 19 March sailing is currently 60 days, so January 18. I rather expect that might be changed to February 17, however due to current circumstances. I don't think X wants to push any passengers away from booked sailings by demanding final payment too soon.

44 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Final payment for our 19 March sailing is currently 60 days, so January 18. I rather expect that might be changed to February 17, however due to current circumstances. I don't think X wants to push any passengers away from booked sailings by demanding final payment too soon.

When did the final payment date go from 60 to back to 90 days?  I have a cruise 16 April, and just got an email that final payment is due 16 Jan.  I would prefer it be 60 days with the omicron currently running wild.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 12:11 PM, CruiserMickey said:

Thank you! It was months ago that I tried to combine them. I will see if I can combine them once the new FCCs are emailed to us.

I called the CS general number and a lovely well informed young lady cancelled my cruise, looked up an outstanding FCC and applied it to a new cruise in '22.  Perhaps that will work for you.

Date of sailing: 1/9 Equinox

Cancel or Cruise: will cancel

Rebooked or not? Other travel plans: Not planning on rebooking anything soon, but I do have a planned solo cruise to Alaska which I am still planning to make.

Comment: I've done 3 solo cruises since cruising resumed and had great times. After my outstanding cruise on the Summit "private yacht" in November, I convinced my wife to make this cruise with me and enjoy the exceptional service Celebrity has delivered before things get back to normal. We're both 65+, vaxxed and boosted, but my wife has some other comorbidity risks. Plus, I'm generally optimistic, active, love being outside (pools on ship or beach activities in port) while my wife is more sedentary and tends to stay inside. She often has a "glass half empty (and we're all going to die of thirst)'" attitude that would be hell if we experienced the cases, masking policies, and missed ports the current Equinox cruises have experienced. So cancelling was an easy choice.

I've cancelled the hotels and return flights (points) that had no cancellation penalties. I'll wait and see if my flights get cancelled or drastically changed so I can get a refund before cancelling for credit. Likewise, I'll wait on cancelling the cruise until we get closer to the 48 hours CWC window. I have a gut feeling that Celebrity may cancel (given the number of cases on board, critical positions must surely be impacted. Celebrity should consider pausing the Equinox to get staff 100% healthy.). There is also a real possibility that one of us may test positive. We're asymptomatic but might have been exposed by out son-in-law after Christmas. Either of these would let me get a refund instead of FCC.

3 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

When did the final payment date go from 60 to back to 90 days?  I have a cruise 16 April, and just got an email that final payment is due 16 Jan.  I would prefer it be 60 days with the omicron currently running wild.

For all Celebrity sailings departing between December 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022, final payment will now not be due until 60 days prior to cruise departure.

I'm hoping they extend the date soon. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Guindalf said:

Agreed. However, there does seem to be truth in this rumor. People were, apparently being handed a letter as they boarded, requesting indoor mask-wearing when not actively eating or drinking (see link above).

However, the fake news about the Harmony of the Seas does indeed appear to be false. There is nothing on the RCCL forum (I looked) that even remotely suggests 'hundreds of positive cases' above and beyond the reported 50 (49 crew and one passenger).

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2022/01/articles/disease/harmony-of-the-seas-royal-caribbeans-latest-super-spreader-at-sea-cruise/

35 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

For all Celebrity sailings departing between December 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022, final payment will now not be due until 60 days prior to cruise departure.

I'm hoping they extend the date soon. 

Doh! 🤦🏻‍♀️  I should've remembered that, and that is why my April cruise is 90 days.  Thank you for posting that again.   Agreed, I hope they extend the date again.  Maybe until June, or later which would be fine with me.  

4 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

The change in final payment date was only for cruises prior to 3/31/2022.   That's why your 16 April cruise is still at 90 days prior.  

Silhouette out of Southampton ,Europe, April 22nd . Full payment due Feb 10 th . Right at this moment want to cancel but will see by Feb 10th . Not afraid of getting Covid but very afraid of  having to isolate in a non veranda cabin !! No way !!    Caribbean booked on Reflection Dec 2022.