Diamond Plus Laundry Benefit?

yogimax

We just got off a b2b on Harmony about three weeks ago and no tags.    Can you imagine someone having to go through each piece and divide them up afterwards. What a waste of time.  They use a bag.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity does. At least on our last couple of pre covid cruises.

Can confirm this is what RCL does. Stateroom attendant explained that laundry bag contents get tagged and put into a mesh bag. The mesh bag is then placed into a large commercial washer/dryer along with multiple, other mesh bags.

30 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

Can confirm this is what RCL does. Stateroom attendant explained that laundry bag contents get tagged and put into a mesh bag. The mesh bag is then placed into a large commercial washer/dryer along with multiple, other mesh bags.

Yet, they are all folded by hand.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive a ten day old thread...but I was reviewing my benefits before my Navigator OTS cruise Friday.  For this cruise, the laundry benefit isn't that big a deal since it's only 7 nights (though my wife wants to have them do some laundry so she doesn't have to wash that much when she gets home).

The real challenge is our April trip.  We fly overnight to Rio...then 3 nights in Rio...then 13 nights Transatlantic to Lisbon on Celebrity (as Elite Plus, we get two free bags each)...followed by three nights in Lisbon and one in Barcelona...then 7-nights on Symphony OTS (Diamond Plus...so one bag each?)...then one night in Barcelona, then the flight home...

So, 30 days/29 nights total...with 4 bags of laundry some time during days 5-17 and 2 more bags between days 22-29 (approximately)...So, how many days do we pack for?  And, yes, I know we can also just pay for additional laundry...but, with six free bags, we probably don't need to--if we plan correctly.

23 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Sorry to revive a ten day old thread...but I was reviewing my benefits before my Navigator OTS cruise Friday.  For this cruise, the laundry benefit isn't that big a deal since it's only 7 nights (though my wife wants to have them do some laundry so she doesn't have to wash that much when she gets home).

The real challenge is our April trip.  We fly overnight to Rio...then 3 nights in Rio...then 13 nights Transatlantic to Lisbon on Celebrity (as Elite Plus, we get two free bags each)...followed by three nights in Lisbon and one in Barcelona...then 7-nights on Symphony OTS (Diamond Plus...so one bag each?)...then one night in Barcelona, then the flight home...

So, 30 days/29 nights total...with 4 bags of laundry some time during days 5-17 and 2 more bags between days 22-29 (approximately)...So, how many days do we pack for?  And, yes, I know we can also just pay for additional laundry...but, with six free bags, we probably don't need to--if we plan correctly.

We just did 2 nights Seattle, 7 nights Ovation, 3 nights Vancouver and 10 nights Quantum.  Packed for 30 degrees  to 90 degrees. Two suitcases, one carryon packed for the same as a seven night. Used the laundry service 4 times over 22 nights. As others have posted they use steam pumped directly from hell.  Got home with a large load of dirty clothes. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

Are you able to request a cold wash and a warm/delicate dry? We did that on our Holland America cruises last summer. We sent everything from underwear and bathing suits to my dressy tops. (Everything was washable.) All pieces came back fine. Just curious.

No it’s hot and hotter.  

I label my bags white/light and dark and hope they don’t wash them in the same loads.  Last time everything came back fine but I sent only socks, underwear and a nightgown.  I hand wash everything else and hang it to dry.  I’d never send out anything I’d be upset about getting ruined.  And never anything nice unless it was dry cleaned.  

To answer the question, I’d pack for about 2 weeks of clothing, and plan a couple of hand wash days.  You’ll have time to do it at the end of your transatlantic and that might get you through with a couple of bags on your last leg.  

19 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

It's actually one year plus 10 day old thread.  😉 

To answer your question...we pack for a 7-10 day cruise and just do hand wash, "boil and fry" (AKA wash and fold) and occasional dry cleaning.  No big deal.  

Have World Cruise coming up.  Still have no worries.  🙂 

• 3 weeks later...

Get the plastic bag and stretch it out first then jam it full up.! I always have my laundry done on RCL Ncl and Celebrity plus my suit dry cleaning on Celebrity. My wife doesn’t trust em. So I can get 2 loads done before we go home and easy peasy most of my stuff is clean!

Funny thing is that those little marker tags are going to show up year round and sometimes not until next cruise with cruise wear!

NCL does a very nice job! Folded in basket back in room.

53 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

It is sort of worrisome that laundry and internet no longer shows on the list for Diamond Plus perks.  I am glad to hear that we are still getting the laundry perk because we are looking at a 15 day Trans Atlantic next year.

It’s definitely still there. We used it on Harmony last week. Looked like someone took it out of the wash, rolled it into a ball and put it back in the bag. Would not have been able to wear any of the items again except maybe the underwear. We ended up sending it all back and they redid it. I would advise against sending anything you really like. 

• Haha 1

Personally, I don’t use laundry services. I usually do my own washing, and hang on my clothesline that has attached hooks. I have magnetic hooks that I hang the line on. That being said, I will probably use them for undergarments, pajamas on my upcoming long cruise. I will still hand wash everything else.

I had to wash my granddaughter’s velour sweatsuit on my recent cruise on Navigator. I just took it in the shower with me and washed it there. Sometimes those tiny sinks just don’t do it…🤣🤣

I use all three wash choices on longer trips.   Hand wash (I bring collapsible tub) then roll in towels to drip dry, and hang on hangers from magnet hooks from the ceiling.  

Wash and fold (AKA "boil and fry") for cotton undies, exercise shorts/shirts, and socks.  You do NOT want to put anything delicate in that bag. Suggest no whites...they will come back gray.  

Dry cleaning for really longer trips for dress clothes that I like to have pressed.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rockhounds said:

How is Royal when sending clothes to wash and press or hang. In other words, pay to wash? 

The regular laundry  where you pay per item  and dry cleaning is terrific.   There is often a dry cleaning special.   We've been pleased every time. 

M