Diamond Plus Laundry Benefit?

yogimax

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We only use the C&A wash n fold benefit for underwear and socks. We are over packers but still nice to have the benefit. One bag for lights and the other bag for darks. 

Never thought to send two bags (dark and lights) at once. Does it make a difference? I basically thought all the bags were washed together

Thx 

m

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Never thought to send two bags (dark and lights) at once. Does it make a difference? I basically thought all the bags were washed together

Thx 

m

They use large commercial washers so yes there are multiple loads being done together.  

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thx 

m

I have no idea. Good question to ask someone on the ship in the know. We separate everything at home so I guess it's just a habit and wishful thinking. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, BND said:

We only put in underwear and socks.  Hot water wash and very hot dryer means damage to better clothes.

I only send out my workout clothes, underwear, socks and my husbands tshirts.  None of my other stuff like swimsuits and coverups.  I never dry that kind of stuff in the dryer and I wash will cold water only at home so don't want my good stuff ruined.

• Like 1

I once sent a suit jacket for dry cleaning after the last formal night, just because I had that one item dry cleaning perk. I didn't really look at it when it came back, but once home I discovered it had to have been put into a hot water wash and hot dry.

Re the wash and fold perk, I had kind of assumed that they put a stateroom's bag o' laundry into a mesh bag and washed it in huge washers like that. For that reason I was reluctant to pack too many items in a bag. However, that they tag individual pieces of t-shirts, shorts, etc. tells me that isn't the way it works, although I bet socks and underwear all go in one bag per stateroom.

I hang almost all of my clothes to dry with the exception of shorts/pants and workout clothes, so the laundry benefit is usually useless to me.  I do have a few pairs of shorts that are too large and plan to send them to the ship’s laundry on my next cruise to see if they will shrink to the correct size.

Other cruise lines use mesh bags.  Don't think Royal does.  Two tags glued to each shirt, one on the collar and one at the bottom.  Very tough to remove but very scratchy if you don't.  Can always tell after cruise which clothes we sent out since the tags show up for weeks before we catch them all.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, yogimax said:

Also watch out for the identifying numbers they attach to the clothes.  They can be annoying, for example, if you're wearing an undershirt and don't know they're there.

Thanks for the friendly reminder...

It may be good news, but we now just checked all of the items we got back from the wash and fold...not one item had those small pesky tags. We have more clothes coming back tonight or tomorrow...I'll check for tags again. (Navigator)

34 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Other cruise lines use mesh bags.  Don't think Royal does.  Two tags glued to each shirt, one on the collar and one at the bottom.  Very tough to remove but very scratchy if you don't.  Can always tell after cruise which clothes we sent out since the tags show up for weeks before we catch them all.

Celebrity does. At least on our last couple of pre covid cruises.