The Daily for Wednesday 01/05/2022

richwmn

3 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We have had freezing rain,sleet and ice overnight and it was treacherous getting the dogs outside earlier. I unfortunately watched a car slide down the hill into the parked cars on our street. It was unable to back up the hill to disengage from the car. My neighbors were out using ice melt on the street and one took both dogs from me so that I would not have to go on the stairs or sidewalk. That was a lovely thing to do but I worried that he would fall. We are all safely inside now.

Late yesterday Tana was taken to the hospital by ambulance. DD just heard from her and she has been admitted to a room after being in the ER hallway all night. Her doctors feel IV antibiotics are needed and perhaps the high flo oxygen. If she had to go,it certainly was better that she went last night when our fourteen steps to the street were fine. The City EMT’s have a special stair stretcher they use.

Please be careful out there!

Terry

Sending prayers 🙏 Tana's way.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Today my plans are to do a deep-clean on the kitchen and to finish taking down some Christmas decorations.  I also need to pop out for a few things.  In honor of National Bird Day I give you… Cardinal on Bath.

0ACE7236-2AA1-4ADE-B2C1-4A77E0A902BA.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone. 

I guess I slept in today!   I'm going to the pool at 1:00 pm today.   Right now the university is not in session and the numbers are low at the pool.   When they are in session numbers tend to be lower in the early afternoon and I may switch to that time on a regular basis.  

@smitty34877 Continued special prayers for Tana.   I hope the IV antibiotics help her.  

Today's meal sounds good to me!   This first recipe does have a flour coating and is fried.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/italian-chicken-tenderloins/

1472901846_Italianchickentenderloins.jpg.395910aea22d503ba37b4845a85e3e7d.jpg

This second one uses Italian breadcrumbs with additional seasoning and is fried as well.  https://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/italian-chicken-strips/   They look so good!

Italian-Chicken-Strips-9.thumb.jpg.ff5c8031de73a7016734aec08f18d69f.jpg

And, in the spirit of keto, this selection does not bread or batter the chicken.  Just season and saute and you're good to go.  https://faithfunfood.com/naked-italian-chicken-tenders/

1241295725_Italianchickentenderloins2.png.e4c7e8786f3b3e738cf415f45f9ac6b9.png

Prayers for all who need them, especially @kazu Jacqui and Jose and @marshhawk.   

Enjoy!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Good Morning from a sunny day at the beach.

I like the quote, never did Keto.  Todays port was on our cancelled transatlantic in April of 2020. It is still on the list so looking forward to pictures.

@JAM37 Safe travels home. Look forward to meeting you again in February. 

@kazu Sending strong thoughts your way. You and Jose remain in my prayers. Take time for yourself too. It is very difficult to be the caregiver, as it is emotionally and physically draining. Wish we could all help you in some way.

Today is a busy day for me. Water aerobics this morning, and a library board meeting this afternoon. DH also has a meeting this afternoon so we will be passing DD off between meetings. It is a throwback to our working years. She does not understand about masks, so we dont take her in anywhere.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 28

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. Thank you for the Daily. 

Prayers already lifted up for Jose, Jacqui, Roy, and all on our care list. Raising a glass tonight to our celebrants. 

In Amber Cove, about to take a nice long walk on a beautiful day. I saw @AV8rix

in Lido this morning and stopped to say hello.

Looks like we are leaving early today, all aboard is at 1:30.

We met a couple a few nights ago in Tamarind and invited them to join us tonight in Canelletto. So I'd better get my butt moving to work off some calories. 

Blessings and Cheers!

🙃I keep missing you😮...we were at Tamarind the same night as you and tonight our plans are for Canaletto, too. (🥂 the three of us...if you hear some French being spoken, that's us!)😉

Katie, Dennis and Viviane 

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. Thank you for the Daily. 

Prayers already lifted up for Jose, Jacqui, Roy, and all on our care list. Raising a glass tonight to our celebrants. 

In Amber Cove, about to take a nice long walk on a beautiful day. I saw @AV8rix

in Lido this morning and stopped to say hello.

Looks like we are leaving early today, all aboard is at 1:30.

We met a couple a few nights ago in Tamarind and invited them to join us tonight in Canelletto. So I'd better get my butt moving to work off some calories. 

Blessings and Cheers!

🙃I keep missing you😮...we were at Tamarind the same night as you and tonight our plans are for Canaletto, too. (🥂 the three of us...if you hear some French being spoken, that's us!)😉

Katie, Dennis and Viviane 

• Like 8

Good morning friends!  It was  warmer this morning (45F) so we took a long walk outside today.  Pretty photos of the snow @Heartgroveand @*Miss G* .   I'm glad it's there and not here!  Mostly sunny and mid 50's is our forecast for later.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Roy @rafinmd we appreciate the list keeping.  Prayers for our Care list and cheers to the Celebration list.  Terry @smitty34877I'm very sorry to hear Tana was taken to the ER last night.  I hope the antibiotics and oxygen help a lot.  So sad for all of you.  @Mr. Bostonhappy birthday to your nephew, Nick.  

Excellent quote of the day.  The menu suggestion looks like something I would enjoy.   I don't do keto.  I enjoy birds as well so a salute to our feathered friends.

We haven't seen Cherbourg yet and would no doubt want to visit Normandy if we do go there.  Will put it on the bucket list!  Thanks for photos coming up and have a wonderful day everyone.

• Like 27

Good morning everyone. I used to feed wild birds all the time in winter here and in summer at our camp in the Adirondacks. Always had to keep ahead of the squirrels with baffles on the poles. It was very funny to see them try to jump from the nearest tree and not quite make it!  I’ve never done keto but I’m trying dry January and the 5/2 intermittent fasting @grapau27 mentioned the other day. I like the Zappa quote-so true. The meal sounds good-all of them. So does the wine. Drink sounds too sweet. Never been to France. So many countries on red alert for covid19 now I wonder what ports will be missed by those currently on cruises. @marshhawk I subscribed to Britbox when I absolutely had to see season 6 of Call of Duty. What a great show! Now I watch every night even though our cable bill is exorbitantly high. There’s just not much worth watching. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

After reading the comments about Tana I discovered something: All of the posts which are made while I dither over my own post go unseen by me.  I sat with a confused look on my face (pretty much my typical look, but more pronounced) wondering what I’d missed.  I read back and found a whole pile of unread posts!  It was almost like Christmas.  Praying for a good recovery for Tana, Jose, and everyone else I may have missed, and for strength and love for the caregivers.  Amen.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for The Daily!  We take care of the birds, or as I like to call them, "pigs with wings" by feeding them all year 'round.  I did a keto diet a number of years ago, lost 40 pounds and after I stopped, gradually gained them all back again.  I looked good in the photos, tho!  Yay for screenwriters.

It's another cold day on the "frozen tundra"; -33 with a wind chill making it feel like -44.  We're stuck under an Extreme Cold Weather Advisory for the next 4 or 5 days.  It doesn't stop people from doing what they need to, though, as you can tell by the number of cars on the streets.  Yesterday it was a tad warmer which meant snow - and we had lots of it.  Thankfully our neighbour has a big snowblower and while we were away at DH's appointment, he did the driveway and sidewalks.  Then later in the afternoon he came with his big scoop shovel and took more off so we wouldn't have to.  I think I'll make him a big pot of Russian borscht as a thank you, as he certainly won't take any money for his efforts.

I love today's quote; I've always loved reading and just a couple of days ago, bought an e-book for my iPad, the latest in the Overlander series "Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone".  I plan on reading it when we're on our PC cruise (hope, hope, hope) at the end of this month.

@smitty34877I'm sorry to hear Tana is back in hospital, but hopefully there they will be able to give her the help she needs.

I like today's menu suggestion, with and without the breading/frying aspect.  My mom used to put chicken breasts in a glass baking dish, pour over a bottle of Italian salad dressing and stick it in the oven - oh yum!   For us, though, tonight will be a repeat of last night's oven baked spaghetti and yes, anyone who wishes to join us for dinner is more than welcome; we'd love to have you visit!!  Spaghetti, a cucumber/tomato salad and garlic bread will be feeding us tonight.  And wine.

I saw this one yesterday and it made me giggle - hope it gives you a smile today.

Disapproval.thumb.jpg.00178164c9557d2110d17ae47497231b.jpg

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jose, Jacqui, Marley, and Jose's medical team.  We'll celebrate all on the happy list with our raised glasses tonight.  Wash your hands, wear your masks, stay safe, get your boosters, be well, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, nancynana9950 said:

Good morning everyone. I used to feed wild birds all the time in winter here and in summer at our camp in the Adirondacks. Always had to keep ahead of the squirrels with baffles on the poles. It was very funny to see them try to jump from the nearest tree and not quite make it!  I’ve never done keto but I’m trying dry January and the 5/2 intermittent fasting @grapau27 mentioned the other day. I like the Zappa quote-so true. The meal sounds good-all of them. So does the wine. Drink sounds too sweet. Never been to France. So many countries on red alert for covid19 now I wonder what ports will be missed by those currently on cruises. @marshhawk I subscribed to Britbox when I absolutely had to see season 6 of Call of Duty. What a great show! Now I watch every night even though our cable bill is exorbitantly high. There’s just not much worth watching. 

Good luck.

I lost 5lb in weight in my first 2 days of 5/2 intermittent  fasting this week.

Graham.

• Like 20

57 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu I saw an article about a mysterious disease that was occurring in young people in New Brunswick, and that when a nurse leaked that information, she was fired.  Apparently the disease causes hallucinations, severe weight loss  and days of confusion.  

That mysterious disease affected mostly people in the Moncton area.  DH does not have it.  It was no secret here and well publicized with the signs.  Not sure what the source is for a nurse leaking the info and being fired but to the best of my knowledge that did not happen.  Doctors were reporting on it when it appeared.  They still don’t know where it came from and some suspect a type of seafood, etc in the Moncton area.  There haven’t been any cases for some time.

54 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We have had freezing rain,sleet and ice overnight and it was treacherous getting the dogs outside earlier. I unfortunately watched a car slide down the hill into the parked cars on our street. It was unable to back up the hill to disengage from the car. My neighbors were out using ice melt on the street and one took both dogs from me so that I would not have to go on the stairs or sidewalk. That was a lovely thing to do but I worried that he would fall. We are all safely inside now.

Late yesterday Tana was taken to the hospital by ambulance. DD just heard from her and she has been admitted to a room after being in the ER hallway all night. Her doctors feel IV antibiotics are needed and perhaps the high flo oxygen. If she had to go,it certainly was better that she went last night when our fourteen steps to the street were fine. The City EMT’s have a special stair stretcher they use.

Please be careful out there!

Terry

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

A bit warmer this morning at 23 F degrees. Unbelievable all of the stories of people from being caught in the traffic along I-95. Being from the Midwest, when I was working for AT&T with a company car I would always carry an emergency kit with me. My territory was 10 Midwest states which meant a lot of snowy day travel. 

We were able to move our January cruise to April yesterday. It wasn't without a domino effect though. Our dog sitter is so popular that we used our days already allocated for a short Carnival Cruise from Charleston to celebrate DSIL's  birthday.

LOL I totally understand scheduling when your dog sitter is available.  I don’t book a cruise without a call to my dogs’ vacation home to make sure she has room for them for the tentative dates 😉 

@smitty34877 so very sorry to hear about Tana 😢 More prayers winging her way and yours 🙏🏻 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

and learned that squirrels don't like hot spicy food, but the birds don't have a problem with it, so we bought food with hot pepper and the birds

The squirrels drive my husband bonkers so he put out hot spicy suet mix.  He saw a squirrel eat it, jump off and do some back flips, and then take off running towards the stream.  Hasn’t been back since.

• Like 9
  • Haha 14

It's been a challenging 48 hours.  My primary doctor has been excellent with one exception but the practice is obviously very stressed out between covid, flu, and weather.  I did get a telemed Monday morning with his nurse practitioner who touched base and wrote a prescription.  Now to the exception to the practice's excellent service.  They do not respond to messages from pharmacies.

I had a dental visit Monday morning that was cancelled.  Kind of pleased about that in light of the weather but the cancellation was due to my cough.  My podiatrist appointment Thursday is also cancelled due to the cough.  I should really not be out in this weather but spent a good bit of time Monday cleaning off my car and a little bit on the sidewalk. 

Yesterday morning my pharmacy app showed my prescription as "In process" more than 24 hours after it was submitted and they were not answering their phone.  Without a prescription to pick up I stayed home until after noon.  My pharmacy (at the grocery store) is usually excellent but was again very stressed out.  I made an in person inquiry and they said "we're filling it now" and ready in 10 minutes.  I did some grocery shopping and waited.  Almost an hour later I checked in again and found out it was stalled because they did not have the right pill size and hadn't heard from the doctor about substituting a different dosage.  An hour wasted.

I had a zoom meeting early evening and totally crashed for the rest of the night.

I think the doctor's office is still swamped this morning.  The one bit of good news is that yesterday's mail brought a couple of rapid antigen tests and it came out negative.  I also have never had a fever so it's apparently just a routine respiratory infection and it seems to be gradually improving.

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 9

Morning all and thanks for the update. 
Sad morning in Philadelphia, a horrific house fire with at least 13 deaths 💔

Weather not good, icy rain and snow for tomorrow night. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

The one bit of good news is that yesterday's mail brought a couple of rapid antigen tests and it came out negative.  I also have never had a fever so it's apparently just a routine respiratory infection and it seems to be gradually improving.

That is good news!   I am very happy it is just a regular old thing.   

I've had the same problem with my doctor's office not responding to the pharmacy.   I really like my doctor and have a great relationship with her.  I've been seeing her for almost 30 years now.  But, her office staff is another story.   They don't respond to pharmacies.  They don't respond to faxes.  They don't respond to messages through the patient portal.  I have had to go down there and sit in the office until they get me the right prescription/order.  The doctor is frustrated because the staff is supplied by the doctor's group she belongs to and getting out of that group is a major hassle.  

• Like 21

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

We went to the Wild Birds Unlimited store yesterday, renewed our membership, and got some decent bird seed.  Squirrels will get the corn mix.  When Covid started DH and I started watching a lot of Britbox.   One of the shows was Springwatch, which really brought the birds into our lives.  We put out feeders, and humming bird feeders, and learned that squirrels don't like hot spicy food, but the birds don't have a problem with it, so we bought food with hot pepper and the birds were no longer robbed of food.  What we failed to remember is our female feral cat, and while she gets 3 !! meals a day, she is still a hunter.  She is getting older, and not hunting as much, so the feeders are hidden now in holly trees,(where she wont go-too prickly) but we don't have as many birds as we did two years ago.  All the right intentions, but wrong approach.

I mentioned to the staff at the store, that we were not seeing as many birds this year, and both the owner and staff said no one was seeing as many birds this year.  And at this time, no one knows why.

@kazu I saw an article about a mysterious disease that was occurring in young people in New Brunswick, and that when a nurse leaked that information, she was fired.  Apparently the disease causes hallucinations, severe weight loss  and days of confusion.  

and on that note-

stop-looking-at-the-news-youre-getting-all-puffy-facebook-com-14314183.png

That cartoon reminds me of my cats who have since passed - a fluffy one and a gray.   

our babies '14.jpg

• Like 24