Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

23 minutes ago, HleeCruiser said:

What are the testing requirements when flying from USA to Greece?

From the Government of Greece travel site:

Travellers arriving from Australia, Canada and the United States of America are permitted to enter Greece under the condition that they display one of the following:

a) Vaccination certificate (for those who have completed vaccination for COVID-19 at least fourteen (14) days before arrival) valid for 9 months after the completion of the basic vaccination and without time limit for travellers who have received the booster dose. The vaccination certificate must include the full name of the traveller as registered in the passport, the type of vaccine given, the number of doses and inoculation dates, or

b) Proof of recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection, issued 14 days after the day of the first positive COVID-19 test (PCR or Rapid Antigen test) and valid for 180 days thereafter, or

c) Negative molecular test for COVID-19 (PCR) performed up to 72 hours before the scheduled arrival, or negative Rapid Antigen test performed up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:43 PM, chubbypiggy said:

I am on the Regal Princess right now and I just asked Guest Service.  For those passengers embarking in Barcelona for the March 26, 2022 cruise, cost of testing at the terminal will be $100, and will be charged to your on board account.

Lets rip off the tourists

We are sailing tomorrow on the Majestic and I am still awaiting my CVS Covid Test results from 2 days ago and getting nervous since my husband’s taken at the same time came back yesterday.  Has anyone taken the Princess test at the pier prior to boarding?  Did it work out because I’m going to have to do that if my results don’t show up soon!

11 hours ago, movinout said:

We are sailing tomorrow on the Majestic and I am still awaiting my CVS Covid Test results from 2 days ago and getting nervous since my husband’s taken at the same time came back yesterday.  Has anyone taken the Princess test at the pier prior to boarding?  Did it work out because I’m going to have to do that if my results don’t show up soon!

Stay safe,  the ship has got Cov. cases onboard.  CDC says in the Orange.  The Ruby has been told to mask up with N95 masks everywhere by the Captain.

Stay healthy 

Edited by Ronnieslady

On 3/24/2022 at 7:31 PM, dchan865 said:

Thinking of ordering a 2 pack Binax test kit for upcoming cruise in few months. Are you guys getting the kit in a timely manner(3-4 days, or 1 week)?  Just want to make sure i get it in time.

Thanks.

We got our emed tests within 4 days.  Be sure that you have adequate Internet bandwidth to take the test.  We had some connectivity problems when we took the tests from our hotel room.  Hopefully Princess won't have to continue to require all vaccinated passengers to take these tests in the coming months, as things improve.

Edited by travelhound
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

Stay safe,  the ship has got Cov. cases onboard.  CDC says in the Orange.  The Ruby has been told to mask up with N95 masks everywhere by the Captain.

Stay healthy 

Why aren't the infected people being disembarked?

1 hour ago, nini said:

Why aren't the infected people being disembarked?

I believe the Ruby Princess is at sea enroute to San Francisco.  Do you have a suggestion on disembarking these folks prior to arrival in port?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mbglib said:

Am I understanding correctly if I am fully vaccinated and have a booster and my cruise departs on Saturday, April 2, that I can take a Covid test as soon as Wednesday, March 30?

princess.jpg

That is how we read it, we are testing on Wed for Sat sail

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mbglib said:

Am I understanding correctly if I am fully vaccinated and have a booster and my cruise departs on Saturday, April 2, that I can take a Covid test as soon as Wednesday, March 30?

That's what we're doing, too. We are taking a Rapid-PCR just to make sure.

We've done three sailings since August. Though Princess does check every test document required, it's a quick review and then you're on your way. 

• Like 1

Like some of you I also want to make sure we get tested at the right time before cruise.

Our cruise in on Sunday, for our situation, we can be PCR tested within 3 days. Which I think we can get tested on Thursday. 

Has anyone confirm it with Princess or from personal experience  recently?

On 3/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, Tedferg said:

That is how we read it, we are testing on Wed for Sat sail

4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

We are doing PCR and expect it to be back in time. Testing at the pier is a last resort backup, so we will not make appointments for the pier tests. Does anyone have experience with last minute tests?

We are on a Princess cruise now that left Saturday. PCR tests taken Wednesday by DH, BIL and myself were accepted at the terminal. SIL’s test wasn’t able to be processed so she ended up having to arrange for the test at the pier, which she was able to get set up using the Live Chat feature on Princess.com, and went very smoothly.

HTH!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kamelia said:

We are on a Princess cruise now that left Saturday. PCR tests taken Wednesday by DH, BIL and myself were accepted at the terminal. SIL’s test wasn’t able to be processed so she ended up having to arrange for the test at the pier, which she was able to get set up using the Live Chat feature on Princess.com, and went very smoothly.

HTH!

Good news, thanks. Where did you leave from?

ETA just noticed you are in Florida we are leaving from LA, I hope testing station is easy to find. Princess FAQ says mobile testing sites are near Terminal, so no worries about scampering around looking for location on sail day 🙂

Edited by Tedferg

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Good news, thanks. Where did you leave from?

ETA just noticed you are in Florida we are leaving from LA, I hope testing station is easy to find. Princess FAQ says mobile testing sites are near Terminal, so no worries about scampering around looking for location on sail day 🙂

We flew from Florida to board in L.A. (San Pedro), and my sister-in-law was taken to the testing site just beside where we passed through security scanners, so yes, very convenient and no scampering involved 😉

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

We flew from Florida to board in L.A. (San Pedro), and my sister-in-law was taken to the testing site just beside where we passed through security scanners, so yes, very convenient and no scampering involved 😉

Excellent, one less thing to worry about. How long did it take to get test result?

17 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Excellent, one less thing to worry about. How long did it take to get test result?

She said she thought it was about 40 minutes from start to finish, but wasn’t really checking her watch to be sure.

In January, we were able to get rapid antigen tests at a CVS drive-thru.   They accepted insurance without any questions.  Now, I'm hearing that they are asking for cash payment if you are testing for travel - $100 for the test and $39 for the Minute Clinic fee. 

Does anyone have recent experience with using CVS for travel-related testing?

2 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

In January, we were able to get rapid antigen tests at a CVS drive-thru.   They accepted insurance without any questions.  Now, I'm hearing that they are asking for cash payment if you are testing for travel - $100 for the test and $39 for the Minute Clinic fee. 

Does anyone have recent experience with using CVS for travel-related testing?

I’m in Southern California and I just did a mock booking. No charge. I’m getting the second booster tonight, no charge. 

3E1533F4-B053-4FEE-B03C-7CBBC010D2E9.png