Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks - I did miss the link to the right of their webpage.  That article link you provided is good - seems reasonable compared to other options I Googled.  Yes, it is convenient to get tests in CAD since it doesn't seem that far off with today's level of exchange rate.  Almost $32 CAD for cheapest US test option per test.  Even more if not ordering 6 tests, so $73 for a couple of tests at once is pretty good IMO.

This is a good option but if you are solely relying on this, I’d advise you have an extra one.  One mistake like dropping the test or letting it out of camera sight for the proctor process makes it void on the spot and you need another test.  Tony from La Lido Loca made a video of this on YouTube and it happened.  Maybe I’m over prepared but better safe than sorry. 

17 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Local walgreens offers rapid NAAT testing.  I see NAAT testing listed as good on princess.com, but it doesn't say rapid, does that matter?

Sorry for the questions, never had a covid test before.

If you look at Walgreens again, you will see a 2hr turnaround (probably will be much less).  That means "rapid".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

When you get your test results, are they an email, and do you show the email to Princess at boarding? 

Yes, you receive an official looking Email. I haven't sailed with Princess in the covid age, but MSC accepted it on my phone. Still, I always feel better with a paper copy- just in case.

Of course, I still print my airline tickets, too. 😁

Edited by TnTom
  • Like 4

I tried to search for an answer but had no luck.

Back in January the San Francisco Dept of Public Health required that any passenger disembarking at San Francisco that was not up-to-date on their vaccinations (i.e. boosted) would have to be tested prior to going ashore. Does anyuone know whether or not Princess provides this test on board prior to arrival? We disembark in San Francisco from the Caribbean Princess on April 3rd following the Canal transit repo cruise.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26556-san-francisco-updates-booster-vaccination-requirement-for-cruise-passengers.html

Does anyone know the protocol if you have a balcony stateroom and test positive during the voyage?  Would we be moved to a negative-pressure non-balcony stateroom near medical?  Because if so, we would prefer to save a lot of money and book an inside cabin which was our pre-Covid norm.  If we would be able to quarantine in our balcony cabin, we might pay the extra (which is over $1000 more per person, pricing is nuts).  Being stuck in an inside room for many days would be hell for us and might lead to a death or divorce…kidding (maybe?)

1 hour ago, BrennerM said:

Does anyone know the protocol if you have a balcony stateroom and test positive during the voyage?  Would we be moved to a negative-pressure non-balcony stateroom near medical?  Because if so, we would prefer to save a lot of money and book an inside cabin which was our pre-Covid norm.  If we would be able to quarantine in our balcony cabin, we might pay the extra (which is over $1000 more per person, pricing is nuts).  Being stuck in an inside room for many days would be hell for us and might lead to a death or divorce…kidding (maybe?)

If you test positive once on the cruise, the isolation cabins used are all balcony cabins. You don't stay in your regular cabin, you have to move.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, redrocks07 said:

I tried to search for an answer but had no luck.

Back in January the San Francisco Dept of Public Health required that any passenger disembarking at San Francisco that was not up-to-date on their vaccinations (i.e. boosted) would have to be tested prior to going ashore. Does anyuone know whether or not Princess provides this test on board prior to arrival? We disembark in San Francisco from the Caribbean Princess on April 3rd following the Canal transit repo cruise.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26556-san-francisco-updates-booster-vaccination-requirement-for-cruise-passengers.html

Would very much like an answer to this also.   I have searched several different websites and cannot find anything that addresses booster vaxs requirements in San Francisco.

On 3/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

Local walgreens offers rapid NAAT testing.  I see NAAT testing listed as good on princess.com, but it doesn't say rapid, does that matter?

Sorry for the questions, never had a covid test before.

I can tell you from first hand experience that they accept the rapid Walgreens test.

• Like 1

Just got our pre-cruise covid tests at Walgreens today.  One of us came back positive.  It was quite a surprise.  After learning of this, he did the free self test at home and got a negative.  I made an appointment for him tomorrow for a repeat at Walgreens.  If that comes back negative, will they consider him negative and let us cruise?

1 hour ago, mustgo said:

Just got our pre-cruise covid tests at Walgreens today.  One of us came back positive.  It was quite a surprise.  After learning of this, he did the free self test at home and got a negative.  I made an appointment for him tomorrow for a repeat at Walgreens.  If that comes back negative, will they consider him negative and let us cruise?

This is just my "very humble opinion" but if he tests negative again tomorrow, and is showing zero sign of symptoms, then one could assume his first test was a false positive and therefore should be disregarded.  I realize that in order to answer the health assessment honestly, you will need to answer "yes", and that may, unfortunately, sink your plans.  Hoping someone here might give you a more definite reply.  Best of luck....

13 hours ago, julia said:

This is just my "very humble opinion" but if he tests negative again tomorrow, and is showing zero sign of symptoms, then one could assume his first test was a false positive and therefore should be disregarded.  I realize that in order to answer the health assessment honestly, you will need to answer "yes", and that may, unfortunately, sink your plans.  Hoping someone here might give you a more definite reply.  Best of luck....

I have not yet been able to see the health assessment.  We will answer whatever they ask honestly.  Hope he tests negative again today and that Walgreens just made a mistake yesterday

1 hour ago, mustgo said:

I have not yet been able to see the health assessment.  We will answer whatever they ask honestly.  Hope he tests negative again today and that Walgreens just made a mistake yesterday

And therein lies the problem, as one of the questions asks if you've had a positive covid test in the last 14 days.  Unfortunately (but again, haven't experienced this) I think that a "yes" answer would not allow him to board, even if it's a false positive.  😥  Please keep us posted?

On 3/13/2022 at 11:40 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

When you get your test results, are they an email, and do you show the email to Princess at boarding? 

We had it on our phones as well as a printed copy, which they just tooka quick look at.

From what I saw anyone can easily forge a legitimate copy of that document with their own name to present it when boarding. There doesn't seem to be any double check to verify the results.

43 minutes ago, jontownsend said:

Hi All,

I have a cruise booked leaving from Rome (Italy) 7th May. Does anyone know if a Covid Test is required? I'm a little confused by conflicting information!

I am in the UK so flying into Rome to pick up the boat.

We are currently waiting for Princess to confirm the rules for the European cruises

We depart Barcelona on the 26th of this month and whilst fully vaccinated UK travellers dont require any tests to get in the country, not clear on the ship. I think the same applies to Rome as it stands (where we exit our cruise)

They are leaving things a little late for us to start arranging tests if we need them! 

3 hours ago, mustgo said:

Still waiting for Walgreens test result for today

Apparently the Walgreens on 17th Street don't offer the rapid Antigen tests and then others on 17th Street only accept US citizens.  As we are coming from the UK we don't fit  into that category or the ones that say drive through.  Does anyone know of a lab that will do a rapid Antigen test without the need to do a drive though?  We are staying that Embassy Suites on 17th Street

Thanks

Can anyone decipher the testing requirements for children? I have a 5, 3 and 6 month old and am interested in cruising in May. My understanding is, the 5 year old has 2 shots so he will require a PCR/Antigen 2 or 3 days prior. The 3 year old is obviously not vaccinated so she would need that test plus another one on embarkation. As for the 6 month old, is she exempt from testing? I can't find a minimum age which they require testing for.

1 hour ago, mustgo said:

Still waiting for Walgreens test result for today

Second Walgreens test was negative as expected.  The lady at the health department said to go with the second two negative tests.  The cruise line rep (no Princess) said the same so we plan to do as told and have a good time.  Apparently, Walgreens was a little sloppy yesterday because the positives were keeping the health department busy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mustgo said:

Second Walgreens test was negative as expected.  The lady at the health department said to go with the second two negative tests.  The cruise line rep (no Princess) said the same so we plan to do as told and have a good time.  Apparently, Walgreens was a little sloppy yesterday because the positives were keeping the health department busy.

Glad to hear this...  hope you have a great cruise.