Elite Perk : Coffee-House Style Breakfast?

cruzeluver

We have been sailing primarily on Royal the last few years but are excited to be coming back to Celebrity in a week on Apex.

We are Elite and one of the listed perks is "coffee-house style breakfast". I tried to find more info on the X web site about this without any luck. Does anyone have anything they can share? Know where this takes place on Apex?

Thanks!!

La Grand Bistro, Deck 4, port side. The breakfast selections are very limited. It's not a full menu like in the MDR. Nothing like what RC offers. Included is bloody marys, mimosas and bellinis. 

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, cruzeluver said:

Thank you for the quick replies! Is it a full breakfast option, or more continental?

It's not a full menu like in the MDR. Nothing like what RC offers. Included is bloody marys, mimosas and bellinis.

Edited by davekathy

No bacon or hash browns!  When we reached Elite + we stopped going because we prefer a cooked breakfast and the only reason we used to go was for the Cappuccinos.  We now get these free in Al Baccio.

• Like 2

It is a continental style breakfast that is served by the plate.   It is nice to try and may be enough.   Personally after using a few times we also enjoy the other areas for variety.   Some though go there every day because of it being exclusive and the CC host is usually there,  plus they can get the complimentary drinks.  

If a Retreat or Aqua guest you will have Luminae or Blu respectively.  

There are many other options for breakfast if you don’t want using the buffet.

There is the Spa cafe,  and Eden Cafe that serve limited breakfast choices

The MDR that serves a full breakfast from a menu 

Plus there is also room service.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

19 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

No bacon or hash browns!  When we reached Elite + we stopped going because we prefer a cooked breakfast and the only reason we used to go was for the Cappuccinos.  We now get these free in Al Baccio.

Exactly!  We really did not enjoy the breakfast at all, but went for the lovely cappuccino.  Not now!  DH will fetch the coffees at the Cafe and we’ll order room service breakfast.  Much better IMHO!

Our routine is a small breakfast and coffee at 7am in a sky suite. Breakfast in Luminae before they close. Then to the Elite breakfast for a snack and mimosas until 10am. After EB go to the Retreat for drinks. Might only be water by then. I've never thought of only having breakfast at the Elite event.

6 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Our routine is a small breakfast and coffee at 7am in a sky suite. Breakfast in Luminae before they close. Then to the Elite breakfast for a snack and mimosas until 10am. After EB go to the Retreat for drinks. Might only be water by then. I've never thought of only having breakfast at the Elite event.

You are missing out on Cafe al Bacio for coffee and some pastries. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

We love the Elite breakfast at least a couple of times per cruise. It is plated and continental style but we don’t want bacon every day! Our favourite is the (I think it was called) ultimate platter. It had pastry, cheese, cold meats, salmon, fruit…

We cruise in RS or PH so have all the options of room service and Luminae but cruising is all about variety! On the S class ships the venue of Tuscan with the wake view is a great way to start the day!

We tend to dine there on sea days when we plan to enjoy a reasonable lunch later so a light start with a Bellini or two just makes sense…

• Like 1

Personally, I find it a great option for an early port day, especially on S class (I know you are on E) The Tuscan location on those ships is great, & for me, it's exactly the right amount of food... they have bagels, salmon, fresh sliced fruit, mimosas, Bellini's, pastries,  decent coffees, bloody Marys...  & you can get in & out quickly if you wish to get out & about (we usually like to be one of the first off the ship). 

The buffets have been great last few months with reduced capacity, but I definitely won't eat there when the ship is full.

18 minutes ago, miched said:

You are missing out on Cafe al Bacio for coffee and some pastries. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Afternoon Aspen Coffee at Cafe al Bacio

Drinks.thumb.jpg.b023b1a6995140d11459ef71aa38396e.jpg

Edited by bigbenboys
added info
  • Like 2

In November the Elite breakfast was in Le Grand Bistro on Deck 4 port side, opposite of Cafe al Bacio. 

It is continental. Instead, we went to Eden Cafe for oatmeal (dh) and quinoa (I) topped with blueberries and almond slivers. But we stopped at the Elite breakfast to chat with the Captain's Club hostess a couple times. I believe they had options such as smoked salmon plate, fruit plate, fruit and cheese plate, and cold cuts and cheese plate. Maybe someone can verify the options.

Le Grand Bistro also has breads, croissants, and baked goods for sale. Le Grand Bistro looks like a bistro in France and was our favorite place for lunch. $20pp for lunch (more for dinner) all you can eat, and you should have a Captain's Club discount for specialty restaurants that you can use. Mussels in wine sauce with frites, escargot, crepes, salads, lobster bisque, French Onion soup, Apple Tartin, probably Creme Brule, and many other lunch menu options including a different special each day such as Croque Madame, Crepe Cordon Blue, Beef Bourguignon, and Coq au Vin.

We absolutely loved our b2b cruises on Apex in November. What a beautiful ship. Enjoy your cruise on Apex!

Edited by TourDeCruise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

La Grand Bistro, Deck 4, port side. The breakfast selections are very limited. It's not a full menu like in the MDR. Nothing like what RC offers. Included is bloody marys, mimosas and bellinis. 

Not Tuscan? Interesting.  That venue is used on M and S class ships and was used as the elite breakfast on edge early on although I don’t know any current edge information

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Afternoon Aspen Coffee at Cafe al Bacio

Drinks.thumb.jpg.b023b1a6995140d11459ef71aa38396e.jpg

We also had our afternoon coffees and/or teas with cookies at Cafe Bacio. We always sat at one of those seats facing the walkway on E-class ships. So much so that we were a familiar sight to the other passengers. 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Not Tuscan? Interesting.  That venue is used on M and S class ships and was used as the elite breakfast on edge early on although I don’t know any current edge information

You are correct. Pre-pandemic it was in the Tuscan Restaurant on the Edge and currently still at Tuscan Restaurant. For the Apex it was changed to Le Grand Bistro. Not sure what the reason is.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

You are correct. Pre-pandemic it was in the Tuscan Restaurant on the Edge and currently still at Tuscan Restaurant. For the Apex it was changed to Le Grand Bistro. Not sure what the reason is.

We were lucky enough to sail on Apex in July. Melissa was the Captains Club Host then - she said the reason for the change was to encourage more people to go. She felt Tuscan was too tucked away and she had been seeing more people going when they changed the restaurant. I love that it is available till 10am!

Wendy

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

We were lucky enough to sail on Apex in July. Melissa was the Captains Club Host then - she said the reason for the change was to encourage more people to go. She felt Tuscan was too tucked away and she had been seeing more people going when they changed the restaurant. I love that it is available till 10am!

Wendy

Thanks for the insight!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I agree about S&M class ships. I thought the Apex would use the Tuscan Grill also. We've never cruised the E class ships, but I found a CC thread from November 2021 that said the Bistro is where the CC Coffee House Style Breakfast was now being held on the Apex. 

Hello,

On Silhouette in September last year, Elite breakfast was served in Tuscan grill with a fantastic view over the ship's wake.

Food was served already 'plated', no cereals and the only thing hot was toast. Endless (good) specialty coffee was good as was freshly squeezed OJ.

Those with a long memory will know that Cafe Al Bacio used to serve serve savoury (not sweet) treats in the mornings, eg cheese or ham croissants and open sandwiches and I for one miss them.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Personally, I find it a great option for an early port day, especially on S class (I know you are on E) The Tuscan location on those ships is great, & for me, it's exactly the right amount of food... they have bagels, salmon, fresh sliced fruit, mimosas, Bellini's, pastries,  decent coffees, bloody Marys...  & you can get in & out quickly if you wish to get out & about (we usually like to be one of the first off the ship). 

The buffets have been great last few months with reduced capacity, but I definitely won't eat there when the ship is full.

I agree, it's a perfect start to the day on S class.

• Like 1