The Daily for Saturday 01/15/2022

richwmn

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not been around.  Been digging myself out, running back and forth to the vet and on the phone to them and the hospital.  And doing a bit of crying and feeling sad.

I know everyone is interested in an update but I am not the bearer of good news.

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you Jose is still in hospital and will need long term care 24/7.  The doctor has already warned me that there is no way I can care for him unless I want to kill myself.  

I have a ton of forms I need to do so he will be assessed by Social Services but the doctor has already told me what the verdict will be to prepare me.

Miko (my parti  poodle) is in chronic renal failure.  He was at the vet for two days and they thought he was well enough to try coming home to see how he does.  He won’t eat.  I can get him to eat a bit hand feeding him but that’s it 😢. After a few bites - he’s not interested. he will take his meds so far but honestly he seems as bad as before I took him in.  I’ll see how he does tomorrow I guess.  He’s only 3.  If he can’t have quality of life or treats and doesn’t even want to eat…..I have a tough decision to make.

I have to take another urine analysis in for Marley on Monday (snow storm permitted) to check for his proteins.  If they are still out of whack, another blood analysis and then ultra sound to see if he has cancer.

All the men in this house are sick (my husband and 2 dogs) so it’s tough. Right now and I’m sorry, I have no funny memes today.

I’m running out of strength.  My friend told me never give up hope.  I fear it has left me and there will be no miracle.

Sorry for the dismal post but that’s the update for us.

So much awful news all at once.  Words fail me but take care of yourself.

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you Jose is still in hospital and will need long term care 24/7.  The doctor has already warned me that there is no way I can care for him unless I want to kill myself.  
Right now I am running out of strength.  My friend told me never give up hope.  I fear it has left me and there will be no miracle.

Jacqui I have walked in those shoes and I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Of course you are running out of strength. If you are a believer just take it to the Lord and let Him take care of both you and Jose. As much as we want to help you all we can do is pray for you both, and of course both of your fur babies.

Jane

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@kazu  Oh, Jacqui, my heart is aching for you and your guys.  I know we all aprreciate your taking the time to update us all, and so very sorry it is not the news you or any of us wanted to hear.  We'll keep sending you, Jose, the doctors, the dogs and the vet, positive thoughts that an answer to all the problems can be found and that you find the strenght you need at this time.  ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))).

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not been around.  Been digging myself out, running back and forth to the vet and on the phone to them and the hospital.  And doing a bit of crying and feeling sad.

I know everyone is interested in an update but I am not the bearer of good news.

I have a ton of forms I need to do so he will be assessed by Social Services but the doctor has already told me what the verdict will be to prepare me.

Miko (my parti  poodle) is in chronic renal failure.  He was at the vet for two days and they thought he was well enough to try coming home to see how he does.  He won’t eat.  I can get him to eat a bit hand feeding him but that’s it 😢. After a few bites - he’s not interested. he will take his meds so far but honestly he seems as bad as before I took him in.  I’ll see how he does tomorrow I guess.  He’s only 3.  If he can’t have quality of life or treats and doesn’t even want to eat…..I have a tough decision to make.

I have to take another urine analysis in for Marley on Monday (snow storm permitting) to check for his proteins.  If they are still out of whack, another blood analysis and then ultra sound to see if he has cancer.

I could have a nice cruise for what I am spending on the dogs right now.  Not to mention Jose’s phone and tv at the hospital (a rip off).

All the men in this house are sick (my husband and 2 dogs) so it’s tough. Right now and I’m sorry, I have no funny memes today.

I’m running out of strength.  My friend told me never give up hope.  I fear it has left me and there will be no miracle.

I am so sorry to hear so much difficult news all at once.As others have said,there are no words,only prayers and hugs for you,Jose and the  dogs.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hi everyone,

I have to take another urine analysis in for Marley on Monday (snow storm permitting) to check for his proteins.  If they are still out of whack, another blood analysis and then ultra sound to see if he has cancer.

I could have a nice cruise for what I am spending on the dogs right now.  Not to mention Jose’s phone and tv at the hospital (a rip off).

My heart sank for you when you mentioned Josés current condition.

You are right to not bottle up all the bad news and sharing with understanding friends will help.

I pray you will get some good news soon and miracles do happen so please never give up hope.

You certainly deserve some good news.

Sending our love and hugs from England.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

@kazu Thank you for updating us. It's not news you or any of us want to hear. Prayers for strength for you as you have so much to deal with. I will still pray for a miracle for Jose. I hope the pups are ok or can be helped by the vet. Please lean on us and your in-person friends.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui, Thank you for keeping us all updated.  I just wish there was more that we could do to help you with all you are going through right now.  Our thoughts and prayers are always with you, Jose, and the dogs, but I just wish there was more that we could do.  You contribute so much to all of us here, that we just wish we had a magic wand to make things better for you.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@kazu The only contact I have ever had with you is here on CC and a couple of private emails when you generously took the time to share information with me.

Along with everyone else on this thread,  I send hugs and prayers for strength and wish there was something we could do to help. You are in all our thoughts.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui, the only thing we can send is our love and emotional support.  Our collective heart breaks for you in these unimaginable straits.  Thank you for being willing to come to us with your sadness and dismay, and I hope that you can feel the strong arms enfolding you.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@kazuJacqui, so sorry to hear the difficult news about Jose, and also your precious fur babies.  It's a lot to handle all at once, and I'm glad you shared your burden with all of us.  We all wish we were nearer to share the challenges with you, but know that prayers are being said for all of you from all of us, your friends on CC.

Laura

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Cozy looking group of cats.  The Starlink is a good idea for the frozen north.

Lenda

They're also greatly appreciated in the far reaches of the south. We have an acquaintance in Punta Arenas, Chile (a place we are hoping to get to this fall on our Oosterdam cruise 😎) and until Starlink showed up, they only had very slow phone based internet.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui @kazu I am speechless.   You are carrying such a heavy burden and we feel so helpless because we can't be there to lift some of it from you.   Prayers that you will be granted the strength you need to see you through this nightmare, not just with Jose but with the dogs as well.   And may God grant you peace in knowing you have done everything humanly possible for them.   

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1